• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

DRGN

Technowizard
Isn't Sac essentially out of their jurisdiction? Sure, we're all NorCal, but it's not like they know our group of players or vice verca. Granted, it's probably more accurate to look at it as simply having a scope of who goes to the bay area (or close) tournaments.

Anyway, I suppose it's at least nice to see an example of Sac's level showing highly among those that do get out there and play (even if it is ambiguous). What I mean by "highly" is with that list compared to the total number of players that compete. Hm, I wonder about how many smashers Norcal has that play.

GGs btw to those who came today and played. Fun times. :) Ridiculous doubles, lol.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
All Falcon doubles are now a must for all tournaments. :p

Looks like that practice I've been doing has been paying off (except in tournament matches where I just flat out choke >_<).

I gotta play everyone more when I get a car (which will hopefully be next month or so).

Also, Falcon's backwards SH is so ****ing cool for tomahawks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i got 9th. more importantly, young link won me sets.

drgn, DP - you guys should really try to come to concord tournaments some time. i know it's hella far but the practice is worth it. u guys are good enough to do pretty well in these tournys. bring 2late and moi so that they know what it's like to play some really good players lol.

seriously yesterday's tournament was freakin hard. u can look around the room and everybody is a threat. everyone is good, save like 20% of the players there who are new and just getting into it, and learning fast.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
^ This. The Concord tournies are well worth the trip. Even a n00b like me learns a lot out of getting 2-0'd at those things. The players are just so good and def worth travelling to play against.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea its always really worth it

to me going to sacramento is also 'worth it' because i win free money LOOOOOOOOL jk jk (except im not)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it pays for my gas and food

my overall profit from winning a sac tourny is $10

yayuhzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Haha. No its not, jesse. Maybe. I don't know. You're pretty good. Haha.

That one time i got 2nd at a tag clocked me in at $2/hour in profits. LOL.

:phone:

DRGN

Technowizard
I know it'd be worth it; I'd love to go! I know DP would too. But nobody around here besides Jesse travels out of area (i.e. has both a car and the interest). And Jesse and I don't even play each other here for some reason. He barely comes to TAGs either, lol.

How many TAGs have you come to now recently, Andre? Like 4 or so? I was just wondering what you got at all of them, I can't remember. It was like 1st, 3rd, 2nd, something, or something... sounds kinda right.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol

i think 3 or 4

2nd the first time (losing stupidly to catnip but it will never happen again)

and always 1st since then

the last time was incredible because me and DP went to last game, and our record at the tourny was actually 6-6 in rounds. i just happened to win the last few

DRGN

Technowizard
Wow.

I remember once I had a bout that went 10 rounds. It was doubles, and Catnip and I won it coming back from loser's bracket, but we went back and forth every game, lol.

Catnip aint bad. Actually he just beat me last weekend. (It was soo close though; basically I just should have pressed one button different on the last stock.) I remember watching your guy's set; it was intense! He was playing very smart with how he engaged you, and his tech skill was on point. I was impressed. And I was upset there was a problem with our recording so we didn't get it (what happened was that the compression wasn't set properly, so the hard drive filled up hella fast while no one was paying attention to it).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea he was playing pretty smart in our set

but i was also playing dumb

just like how i lost to tafokints again this sunday -_-

MasterShake

Smash Lord
All you have to do to beat tafokints is play him in an easy mu that he should win.

Also I'm too broke to travel on my own accord. I use my parents' gas to get to tournies lol. And my schedule never lines up with TAGs.

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm not even sure what this 'schedule' you speak of is, lol. You don't work, right? Do you go to school?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Well for each half of the month I'm either in eldo or antioch. And though I don't have a job/go to school I'm still kinda busy with taking care of my elderly grandma or doing odd renovation jobs around the house. Much to my chagrin, I'm not entirely in a position of being able to go play smash on a whim, except for when I beg my parents to lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im going to camp the **** out of tafokints next time i play him

somebody play sheik against me so i can learn how to do it perfectly

DRGN

Technowizard
Yeah, for those that haven't heard yet, TAG is moving to make the CFD building its new home. Which is great news! This venue is bigger (surprisingly, since GE was pretty big), has good AC, has a built-in PA system, even sells better food, and most importantly, will allow us to hold events more often! :D

And yes, Sunny, the next one will be on the 15th.

Oh, and, there's a $50 bonus in the pot for Melee. ;) You can read about that and more cool stuff here.

Oh and, I think I know someone who plays Sheik.... <.< And I'd definitely be up for playing before the 15th. :)

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Holy **** marth is boring. I'm going back to falcon and fox.

Also, thanks to going down to concord and playing with the good dudes, I finally feel like I got that good tech **** again. I can actually dash dance now, it's pretty sweet.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I had a holy **** moment just yesterday. I was braining through my smash history and remembering the things I used to be able to perform. I was wondering why I was having such a hard time doing those things again.

Then it hit me. I've been playing waaaaay more xbox than melee and the controllers are extremely different. I became very relaxed in my gaming and thus went for a more comfortable grip for extended hours of easy play. Apparently this grip that I developed translated over to my gcc.

I remembered when I used to play for 8 hours at smashfests that certain parts of my thumbs would be a little tender. I started playing melee yesterday and was paying attention to how I held the controller... and I realized, then, that my thumbs were not in the position they had been back when I used to go hard... I varied them up slightly to be more in line to how I used to play AND LIKE MOTHER ****ING MAGIC, my **** was back to normal.

I had one of those, "no... ****ing... way..." moments and was awestruck by how silly thumb placement could affect my playing.

Just thought you guys would get a kick out of that.

Also, middle of your thumb = super boss.

Top Bottom