• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

Orko

Smash Apprentice
SO hey. Many of you probably don't remember me. I hit like, one tourney and got stomped out.
Anywhoooo, I'm back and ready to l2p. And stuff.
So when's anyone free? I have a car, and am willing to pick people up for gas money.

Scrapper Lui-G

Smash Rookie
I want to give a big shout-out to everyone who participated in the first Melee Galt tourney this past weekend. Found a new friend and possible partner in Cheese-wizzy who knows. Anyway stick around and we will have another tourney up and running again.

Scrapper Lui-G

Smash Rookie
SO hey. Many of you probably don't remember me. I hit like, one tourney and got stomped out.
Anywhoooo, I'm back and ready to l2p. And stuff.
So when's anyone free? I have a car, and am willing to pick people up for gas money.
Come by to Galt sometime and we will set something up

DRGN

Technowizard
I should have time from Thursday onward this week, Orko. Where are you located exactly? Maybe we could also smash with Aron, he also often has time on Thursdays.

DRGN

Technowizard
?

You mean considering 'being busy'? Having other things to do? If that's the case you might as well say it's true with everything. Why not just leave it at 'life is unforgiving', lol. It gets hard to do stuff when, uh, you need to do stuff.

Anyways, ignoring the fact that I need to get some homework done, who am I playing smash with tomorrow? Err, later today....

DRGN

Technowizard
How would you be interested in the opportunity to play someone better than myself? We should be able to get a pretty good session in. However this wouldn't be at my place (but i don't think it's any further), and it might mean I would need a ride home later (that or I'd have to leave much earlier for the bus). I'll post back a little bit later once I confirm we can go, and PM you the address.

Scrapper Lui-G

Smash Rookie
Galt is hosting another smash fest this weekend to prepare ourselves for the upcoming TAG later on this month for anyone interested message either me or Ookami for the address and yes Shake there will be cookies.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Actually, I dunno if cookies are possible this time, but the smashfest is totally confirmed. We might have churros. :D

:phone:

DRGN

Technowizard
Crap. Plans changed drastically today. But I'm at home now, and whoever wants to smash is free to come over.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Both Saturday and Sunday for you Galt guys? Probably not going to be able to make it, but you never know.
I'm pretty sure we'll both be free the entire weekend. I'm pretty much free every day other than Tuesday and Thursday next week, too.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
HEY i am free to play today (friday) or Saturday or Sunday... I am in the same position as orko; i want to learn 2 play

( i am the tall white guy that shows up to tournaments sometimes AKA ...Captain lasers... aka jim )

i would have to go over to your house (not my house)
i have a car
i live in ARDEN

DRGN

Technowizard
Nnnnnoooooooooo! My Ness has been defeated!

Actually I think Aron beat all of my characters at least once. Well, except Zelda! Bwahahahaha!

To tell you the truth though, I think you've improved since last time, Aron. Or have I gotten worse? Lol. Anyways, I forgot to ask, do you still play with others? At your school perhaps?

chenjesu, yeah, DP doesn't have a phone atm. I'd be down to play sometime, but I'm not sure yet if/when I'm gonna have spare time. How close are you to me, I wonder. Where are you located exactly? Edit: oh, I just saw the edit.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Wow, I wish I didn't live so far from everyone else, lol.

chenjesu, would you be willing to make the drive over to Galt? I'm always down to play, but my location isn't exactly the best. I can give you my address if you need to mapquest it or something.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
DRGN am I close to you?

ookami i actually work in elk grove, every weekday from 8-4... could i come over after work?

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
Is it cool if i bring 3 friends

(they are real dorks so if you say no it's okay)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
@ chenjesu, yeah it's cool. As long as it's not Tuesday or Thursday, cuz I've got class those days, but every other day works. And yeah, you can bring your buds if you want. I don't mind.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
master shake you are coming right?!?!

I can provide rides for gas money. Or we could all just carpool in my car. I DUNNO how are you guys getting there?

ARON?

Smash Apprentice
Nnnnnoooooooooo! My Ness has been defeated!

Actually I think Aron beat all of my characters at least once. Well, except Zelda! Bwahahahaha!

To tell you the truth though, I think you've improved since last time, Aron. Or have I gotten worse? Lol. Anyways, I forgot to ask, do you still play with others? At your school perhaps?
Nah, I don't really play with anyone else. I haven't changed in skill, but I got a lot of sweet combos yesterday. Get some

And I coulda swore my new sheik beat freakin zelda. Sheik is my answer to all your low tier trash. She's lame, but it's better than losing to zelda, dk, pichu, and ness.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Hah, no I'm not going. Hate not being able to play smash...unless it's like past 8 p.m (and usually not even then!). What's up insomniacs.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
not gonna drive all the way to galt if jesse isnt going :p

will totally come to ookami's after a long day of work tho

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Nah mang you should still go.

It's ALWAYS a good experience to play new people, especially if said people don't get to play outside their area evar.

DRGN

Technowizard
Nah, I don't really play with anyone else. I haven't changed in skill, but I got a lot of sweet combos yesterday. Get some

And I coulda swore my new sheik beat freakin zelda. Sheik is my answer to all your low tier trash. She's lame, but it's better than losing to zelda, dk, pichu, and ness.
Yeah, a couple. I don't know if I would count the ones where you get carried away though (either SD or end up getting punished out of it). XD Finding your (or your character's) limits is a good thing, but sometimes you need to work on recognizing when to abandon a combo or pull back. Although its more a product of timing, it's one way you can work on your spacing. Keeping close when you do it can be a good way to goad your opponent into attacking and missing (because they're also recognizing that there's going to be a point in the combo where they can do something (and may bank on you NOT realizing it), and/or because they're just trying to get you off of them), resulting in another opening.

I'm not even sure now if you actually did beat Zelda, lol. But come to think of it I don't think you beat DK, and I'm not sure about Pichu (I don't think we did Pichu vs. Sheik, but maybe you beat it with someone else).

Jimmmmmmm.

DRGNNNNNN. (Are you free to play this weekend? lol)

Aronnnnnn.

Gallllllllllllt.

Zelda is mid tier.
I wish. She's low. High low I guess, but still low.

Probably. I'd like to play! I'll post back.

DRGN am I close to you?

ookami i actually work in elk grove, every weekday from 8-4... could i come over after work?
I'm in Rancho Cordova (by Zinfandel, North of the freeway), so I'm probably about 15 minutes from you depending on where in Arden you are. So I'd say yeah.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
durgan are you busy tomorrow? I could come by at like 1.. pm me your address if you're not busy

okay i am going to galt, you talked me into it. one of my friends said he wasnt going but he can make it now.

DRGN

Technowizard
You can come over to my place tonight for a good couple hours. Probably tomorrow also.

Sorry chenjesu, I wasn't home earlier.

Top Bottom