• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

900+ Songs in Itunes - "Cannot be Copied to Ipod, Wrong File Format"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
Hey everyone. I recently transferred all my songs back to my computer from my Ipod. However, 900 of these songs are not the right file format and can not be put onto my Ipod Touch 2G. When I try and click on "Create MP3 Version" it says the song format is "protected" and can not be changed. -.-
Ok, so how do I change them back to MP3 format? I'm practically begging, I've tried EVERYTHING. If you guys know of something, please send it my way!

Thanks!

meta master

Smash Journeyman
don't tell me you bought them off of iTunes? itunes embraces DRM (or it used to ~ read latest news) to get them into mp3 i guess you could play the file and record it. but that's tedious with 900 songs. if they're from CDs try re ripping them. some sites will let you re download them. anyone else got any ideas?

EDIT: what methods have your tried?

M.K

Level 55
don't tell me you bought them off of iTunes? itunes embraces DRM (or it used to ~ read latest news) to get them into mp3 i guess you could play the file and record it. but that's tedious with 900 songs. if they're from CDs try re ripping them. some sites will let you re download them. anyone else got any ideas?

EDIT: what methods have your tried?
I tried a Digital CD Burner, and it worked!

Sorry for the thread, I plugged my Ipod in and it added all the songs 0.o

Gah, sorry for the new thread, should've tried everything before posting here!

Mods can lock this now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom