• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9 Year Old Brawler.

Xavi

Smash Cadet
When I was nine, I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPED in the first Super Smash Bros.

Marty

Smash Apprentice
When I was nine, I CODED the first Super Smash Bros.

Really though what is this thread?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The solution is actually really easy here. Just have him play online (use some pairing service; don't use that joke "With Anyone"). Sure lag can get you down, but as everyone is saying, what's needed here is a diverse array of human opponents. Online gives you that without having to travel.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
do not breed your 9 year old brother for evil!

tell him when he isn't allowed to play competitively until he grows some grass in the field.

for now, let him play a video game like a 9 year old should.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well usually if you play against someone a lot you can figure them out and predict their moves a lot. Im only 12 and im pretty good at brawl.
Nice job from a new comer. Ya this is true, I know it to be true personally. One time, one of my friends came over to my house and it was his first time playing smash, so we played as a team against two level 6's (I normally do 7-8, but he was a n00b), and even though he was on my team, in 15 minutes I could pretty much predict every move he was going to use. And I'm only 13 (not bragging about my age, just throwing that in).:)

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Well, we can't really attend tourneys, and none of my friends are good at smash (they play itemss on....)

I'm 14, btw.
Your situation is very similar to mine. There are barely any tournaments in the area; the nearest is an hour plus away. A few of my friends are really good at Smash, but the rest don't even play. *rolls eyes*

The solution is actually really easy here. Just have him play online (use some pairing service; don't use that joke "With Anyone"). Sure lag can get you down, but as everyone is saying, what's needed here is a diverse array of human opponents. Online gives you that without having to travel.
I go with Ampharos on this one. I suggest using Friend Finder and putting him in a one on one stock match.

Killress, can you post a video of a match between you and your brother so we have some material to work off of? It doesn't have to be Youtube; Photobucket works just as well.

Killress

Smash Ace
Killress, can you post a video of a match between you and your brother so we have some material to work off of? It doesn't have to be Youtube; Photobucket works just as well.
I have an SD card, but I have no clue how to post the videos, cause it's in .bin, or something?

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I have an SD card, but I have no clue how to post the videos, cause it's in .bin, or something?
Just grab a video camera and record a replay on the TV. Camera phones, digital cameras, and what not also have a recording feature. I have no idea how to upload stuff from the SD card, either. ^^;

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
With the SD card, you could put it into your digital camera, connect that to your computer, and upload the video to youtube. And you should make your bro an account here, it would help him with strategies.

Killress

Smash Ace
With the SD card, you could put it into your digital camera, connect that to your computer, and upload the video to youtube. And you should make your bro an account here, it would help him with strategies.
I tried uploading videos a few months ago, and it's in the wrong format. .bin doesn't work on youtube, it said :ohwell:

Ills

Smash Apprentice
even more, who cares?
I don't really mind if this kid's 9 or 900, it's a matter of whether you can play or not. It's player one or player two. Kudos if he can play, but quit parading him around like a god plz kthnx

/bitter

Killress

Smash Ace
even more, who cares?
I don't really mind if this kid's 9 or 900, it's a matter of whether you can play or not. It's player one or player two. Kudos if he can play, but quit parading him around like a god plz kthnx

/bitter
Uhh. When did once parade around him...? :confused:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
even more, who cares?

/bitter
Go away you child. This is a constructive thread to help Killresss's little bro. stop screwing around here. If you aren't going to contribute, I'll report you.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Does he want to get better? It's all a matter of the will and determination to get better. And if he has trouble reading people, tell him a few times that you are up to something like every match, do it less and less and eventually it will come naturally. :D

Top Bottom