• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8-Bit's House Smashfest/Tourney -Brawl - North Miami Beach, FL - Date Pending

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ok, Nothing is finalized until i can settle on the final details on the planning phase, because I had just thought of this when i was in the bathroom.

The Details:

-It's gonna be at my house so I'm enforcing a manditory door fee to cover the electricity bills. $5 I'm charging for that

-I'm gonna have to have a limited player cap of possibly up to 32 people to ensure safety and stiff space.

-Tourney fees are pending but mostly $10

-Pot distribution is gonna be 60/30/10 at most

-I have 4 bedrooms, 1 is restricted, and the other bedroom has a backyard patio. My own room and guest room can be used for private MM or smash sessions.

-I will be doing mostly Brawl I cannot gurantee Melee at this time

-I may be charging some for food and stuff, or if im crazy enough, cook food myself. There are actually food places around my house (Burger King, McDonalds, Publix, Wendy's Subway, Quiznos)

-Noise will have to be managed severely to insure no neighbor will be annoyed...

-TIME IS SERIOUS. I MUST KICK PEOPLE OUT AT 11PM AND THE TOURNAMENT MUST RUN SMOOTHLY AND FAST TO ENSURE ENOUGH TIME TO GET STUFF DONE BEFORE MY PARENTS COME HOME AT MIDNIGHT. so people must come in around 11:30-noon and I will start everything at 1pm

-Parking is severely limited at my house, so if I'm anticipating more to show, you will have to park in a plaza down the street and have someone pick u up.

Now... All i need is a reasonable date and interest... I mean I'm done with school and i'm just feeling like running tournaments in the summer for the hell of it.

Dates taken: WATO 6, Genesis, Yasumicon, PnT Ft. Lauderdale Monthly, Gigs.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Don't forget to specify the door fee and pot distribution.

edit: lol flatsoda has 1337 posts.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
it is done. lol first thread modding done on my ps3 too lol

Good luck with your event, sir.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Sunday seems possible. but when and how interested if people were to come on a sunday. not to mention my dad doesn't leave the house until 2pm >_> I mean my parents don't mind as long as I'm just saying i'm making money for house bills

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ok, I've looked at the Florida Thread and I think I can settle on possible dates.

here are the dates:
July 18th
July 25th
August 15th
August 22nd
August 29th

I may also consider looking at some Sunday dates too...

So who's still interested?

Proposed pricing will be..

$5 door fee (may lower to $2 if all else)
$5 tourney fees (otherwise i'm sticking it to $10)

I'm probably gonna put out a cap of 32 people so no overcrowding happens

nevershootme

Smash Master
double post... but this is important.

I think im gonna settle for September 5th for my house tourney. Aug 8th and 15th are no no's (FL Gaming and PnT Ft. Lauderdale)

Why? It's a mini smashfest / tourney in departure for my 1 month China trip for the rest of september. and then I return on early october (9th-11th) where i'll be heading to Long Beach, CA for a conference/career hunting.

Top Bottom