• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[8/27/15 UPDATE] FEWTCH's PM3.6 Full Build with cBliss, Smash 3-3C and ASL (34 extra stages)

This is my complete Project M 3.6 build, with maxed out slots for every character. It includes 34 extra stages and alts for many of the default Project M stages, some flat, some not. It's got a few custom textures you wont find anywhere else (check Pikachu ;D) and some custom stage edits by yours truly.

Imgur album of all extra costumes http://imgur.com/a/hW39u

The idea was a competitive build that can also double as just-for-fun. Includes Smash 3 textures for every character who has them and a few extra I put together myself. I tried to choose models that would not affect hitboxes, so if you come across one that you believe does, please let me know.

All characters have 10 costume slots (the most that can be added without getting into further costume slot wizardry). Toon Link, Rob, Ganondorf and Sonic have 11.
Costumes are ordered numerically 00-09(10), so the CSP order will be the costume order, finally.

There are 3 placeholder slots in this build, HW Ganon, Zelda and Sheik. You will see their CSP but choosing them will take you to a default/recolor. Their slots are reserved for whenever iwantgames finishes his imports (and someone else makes a HW Ganon). Also the Demise import is lacking, somebody jump on that ;D
Most stages have an alt that can be chosen with L, Y (or Z, Final Destination only).

3 ALTS: Final Destination

2 ALTS: Dreamland, Brinstar, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Peach's Castle 64, Bowser's Castle, Kongo Jungle 64

1 ALT: Distant Planet, Pirate Ship, Green Hill Zone, Infinite Glacier, Wario Land, Training Room, Skyworld, Electroplankton, Saffron City, Lylat Cruise, Rumble Falls, Mushroom Kingdom U, Hyrule Castle, Corneria, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino's Secret, Skyloft, Battlefield, Shadow Moses Island, Jungle Japes, Fourside, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Castle Siege, Big Blue, Fountain of Dreams

This is a spreadsheet of all the replaced music https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uM0PyTVyrrkR6fp-OIAQlTLFTfXkt1gFU3XoPXjYmvU/edit?usp=sharing

I will not be updating this for future builds, this is the first and last complete build I will ever make.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/73mesy8ik8wyb3g/fix.zip
FIX & NEW CSS ONLY

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'm just about to try this out. I had to remove some non-essential files in order to even get it to fit on my SD card, so I probably won't stick with this forever (unless a version is made with fewer stages, which I'd love), but it'll be awesome in the meantime.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Lookin good! Gonna try this out today. I may steal a couple of things for my personal fun build actually heheheh.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
I'm just about to try this out. I had to remove some non-essential files in order to even get it to fit on my SD card, so I probably won't stick with this forever (unless a version is made with fewer stages, which I'd love), but it'll be awesome in the meantime.
How exactly did you go about doing that?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
How exactly did you go about doing that?
I deleted a few stages that I knew I would never use, and took out the Fighting Polygon Team files (since I won't use them either). If I were to try that stage or something from Multi-Man-Smash, then I'd get crashes, but it's kinda irrelevant in my case.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
I deleted a few stages that I knew I would never use, and took out the Fighting Polygon Team files (since I won't use them either). If I were to try that stage or something from Multi-Man-Smash, then I'd get crashes, but it's kinda irrelevant in my case.
I actually deleted stuff I knew wouldn't matter to me either right after asking. XD

So it fits now. I just wish I had a good enough PC to run this mod on Dolphin.

lol getting this all to fit on a standard 2gig SD card was a challenge, I had to leave out some beautiful music I'd have loved to have, but I wanted this to be able to run on literally EVERY and ANY loading method.

thatoneguynolan

Smash Rookie
Does this work with the Homebrew version of PM? It looks like it's for the Hackless one but I can't use that version.

Last edited:

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
This is, like, the greatest PM custom build ever. I chose to remove all the custom stages to save space, but sh**, the alt costumes are fantastic, and Smash 3 pallets being pre-installed is chocolate icing on the chocolate cake. Byoutiful.

PSMPaul

Smash Rookie
If only this could fit on a 1GB SD card.

Last edited:

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
Does this pack work with the Wii version of Project M? (Rather than on a PC and or Dolphin.)

Last edited:

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm using dolphin with a 2GB virtual SD card. The game hangs whenever I try to load up a stage. What's going on?

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
How do the CBliss costumes work in relation to the Results Screen? Is there a custom STGResult file being used to load the extra textures required or are they just not using the correct icons?

A lot of your samus skins aren't ice compatible. It crashes when you change to ice.
I will look into this

Does this pack work with the Wii version of Project M? (Rather than on a PC and or Dolphin.)
I have tested and played this on all three methods, Dolphin, Wii and Wii U. All worked fine, the only thing that gave me trouble was trying to play this on Wii U with the gamecube controller adapter. Having that plugged in caused the loader to hang. (If anybody gets PM3.6 working with adapters on Wii U, PLEASE LET ME KNOW)

So, I'm using dolphin with a 2GB virtual SD card. The game hangs whenever I try to load up a stage. What's going on?
Considering my friends and I have been playing this for the last 3 days with not a single issue or hanging (this built is literally copied exactly as it runs off my SD card), I would say there's something wrong on your end. What stage are you loading?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I keep getting a message saying the metal gear z stage can't be copied to my SD card, and I'm getting a freeze on the projectmgame.com screen

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
Great build, very fun. A minor note though, Dr. Mario shoots fireballs, and Sunshine Mario shoots pills.

StoobertGacks

Smash Rookie
Well, I have two issues to report in:
1) Brawlbox crashes whenever I try to change a CSP for a character. Thus far I've tried to change both Fox and Bowser only for it to crash on the Texture Converter screen
EDIT: For Fox, any CSP's that have a CI8 format crash when trying to be replaced. Still to go on Bowser
2) Captain Falcon's HD textures, any of them really, cause considerable lag on particularly large stages, i.e. Unova Route 11, Magnet Train, Lanayru Desert, Time Gate, etc.; will edit with more testing.
EDIT: He doesn't lag on Training Room or Delfino Secret.
I'm currently testing the waters with everything I can, so any issues arise, I'll let you know. I'm yet to experience crashing ingame though so that's a definite plus. Good job man, I think I've found my favorite build yet.

EDIT: Shadow Mario shoots pills as well, presumably over a Dr. Mario outfit. I'm not sure how to change that, but I'm sure someone will know.

Last edited:

StoobertGacks

Smash Rookie
I have tested and played this on all three methods, Dolphin, Wii and Wii U. All worked fine, the only thing that gave me trouble was trying to play this on Wii U with the gamecube controller adapter. Having that plugged in caused the loader to hang. (If anybody gets PM3.6 working with adapters on Wii U, PLEASE LET ME KNOW)
As far as I've heard it's impossible, something about the adapter being made solely for Smash for Wii U, I'm no expert though, just what I've heard.

RobbyVee

Smash Rookie
I keep having trouble loading this from the homebrew channel. I have it ona 8gb sd card, and PM is accesible as an app. But, when i click "play" at the launcher, it sends me back to the wii menu rather than booting up the game. Do you or anyone else know how to solve this?

EDIT: Shadow Mario shoots pills as well, presumably over a Dr. Mario outfit. I'm not sure how to change that, but I'm sure someone will know.
There's a way to change which Mario slots shoot pills, but I wanted people to be able to put their own Dr. Mario slots over mine if they didnt like the change in costumes. I'll probably make a version where on Dr. Mario shoots pills something this week.

Brawlbox crashes whenever I try to change a CSP for a character.
Yeah, I dont know anything about that, I'd upgrade to the latest version.

Captain Falcon's HD textures, any of them really, cause considerable lag on particularly large stages
They are his Wii U models, I'll see if I can find a less lag-prone model to put the textures over. If I dont have a solution by Friday, I will put Brawl Falcon back in.

Your Jungle Hijinx alt for Japes is largely unplayable. Invisible water, ahoy.
Yeah, I spent about 3 hours, ran through about 4-5 different rels (including the one the stage came with) and couldn't find a solution. I don't know why it behaves like that over ASL, but perfectly fine on its own.

I keep having trouble loading this from the homebrew channel. I have it ona 8gb sd card, and PM is accesible as an app. But, when i click "play" at the launcher, it sends me back to the wii menu rather than booting up the game. Do you or anyone else know how to solve this?
PMs loading method is for 2gig cards only, its on their site...
If you want to used an SDHC card, use Riivolution. Your results may vary.

StoobertGacks

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I spent about 3 hours, ran through about 4-5 different rels (including the one the stage came with) and couldn't find a solution. I don't know why it behaves like that over ASL, but perfectly fine on its own.
I'm not too knowledgable on these things, but maybe you can make Jungle Hijinx the standard stage and Jungle Japes the alt? Just brainstorming really, trying to help out.

Yeah, I dont know anything about that, I'd upgrade to the latest version.
I'm pretty sure v0.76 is the newest version. I've been having the same problem on Vanilla P:M trying to change Stage icons, but I haven't found much help on the Brawlbox Help thread. Oh well, I'll just tinker around, see what's working and what's not. By the by, any reason the character portraits are resized? They were at 128x160, but now they're at 128x148. Odd change, but significant nonetheless.

EDIT: AHHHH I FOUND A TEXTURAL GLITCH ON YOSHI'S EGG. Idk if it's on all yoshi costumes, but the Red and Yarn one have really jank'd out textures.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
redownloaded, now when I go through all the PM launcher menus, it reverts to VBrawl, which then freezes

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
Considering my friends and I have been playing this for the last 3 days with not a single issue or hanging (this built is literally copied exactly as it runs off my SD card), I would say there's something wrong on your end. What stage are you loading?
Every stage that has an alt does this. What version of dolphin are you using?

EDIT: Ok, after a bit of testing, it seems like this strange hangup is only happening with the gamecube controller plugged into the official Nintendo GCN adapter. If I use keyboard controls to select the stage, everything is fine.

Last edited:

Todo

Smash Rookie
Does anything about the gameplay change? Like could it be used in a tournament if I were to host one?

Top Bottom