• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Hey guys take it easy, we're all friends here. Also has anyone been keeping up with the new Dissidia?... Just me? Ok.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They really do. It'd be nice if the greater community gave them a second shot. Thankfully there's discussions going about regarding their use in competitive.

I also noticed you got demodded. How'd that go?
Let's just say that I've been too timid to handle certain issues. Moderators have to be able to handle any kind of problem that stirs, and take any kind of rubbish that they receive as well. Time and time again, I've shown to be too timid to take such comments, and that was one of the reasons for my demotion.

Jaku618

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaku618
Welcome aboard, Jaku. Make yourself at home with the rest of us AVALANCHE. :)
Thanks.There ain't no getting off this train!

You're already Top 5 best guys in the social just because of this.

Welcome aboard!
Its cool to see another FF5 fan the game is the one I always seem to come back to if I just want pure fun. I forgot about FFtactics as well is one of my favs for the exact reason and more.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yo you guys dont know anything about how much i love FF5.

Tino Tino Good that you're stopping because you've been on his ass in CLOUD boards for stuff that happened in ROSA boards.

As far as we're concerned, MSG hasnt done anything here that is worthy of any sort of aggression. Especially unprovoked and public aggression.

So thanks for leaving him alone lol.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
*sigh* I guess I was being antagonistic towards M&GS and I have no right whatsoever to do such a thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I don't expect your forgiveness or anything but believe me when I say this: I am very sorry. For everything and I mean everything. I meant no disrespect.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
How often do you guys use SH nair? Obviously everyone uses it, but I'm talking about an immediate SH nair like in Neko's video. I've been using both immediate nair and delayed FF nair interchangeably. I'm still debating which one is safer, with a FF'd one you get lag, but immediate ones keep you vulnerable in the air for sooo long on block. FF'd ones have a lot more combo and techchase potential as well. I've gotten FF nair -> missed tech -> FT multiple times, and at lower percents you can do FF'd nair to dtilt or side b.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*sigh* I guess I was being antagonistic towards M&GS and I have no right whatsoever to do such a thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I don't expect your forgiveness or anything but believe me when I say this: I am very sorry. I meant no disrespect.
I was a moderator since mid-2012 (which was before you became a member). I would've lost my moderator privileges a lot sooner if the staff thought that I was a terrible moderator.

Now that I'm back to being a normal user, it's nice that I'm being forgiven for my past mishaps. I'm not lying when I say that being a moderator is a huge responsibility, so you should never take the job lightly if you're ever given it.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How often do you guys use SH nair? Obviously everyone uses it, but I'm talking about an immediate SH nair like in Neko's video. I've been using both immediate nair and delayed FF nair interchangeably. I'm still debating which one is safer, with a FF'd one you get lag, but immediate ones keep you vulnerable in the air for sooo long on block. FF'd ones have a lot more combo and techchase potential as well. I've gotten FF nair -> missed tech -> FT multiple times, and at lower percents you can do FF'd nair to dtilt or side b.
Rising Nair and Falling Nair are used interchangeably, based on the situation.

Rising Nair is more for set ups and retreating.
Falling Nair is more for spacing.

Of course, one can do things the other can do, so its mostly up to you.

I'm still trying to get the hang of Nair on a higher level since it's becoming clear to me how well you control the neutral is based off how well you can use Nair and Uair lol.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I leave for a few hours and look what happens. At least the issue got resolved.

Just remember that we're not here just so you could complain about your problems with another part of the boards. It leaves a bad impression on ALL of us.

Also has anyone been keeping up with the new Dissidia?... Just me? Ok.
I don't keep tabs on any games that aren't coming to the US anytime soon, if at all, even ones that I like.

Let's just say that I've been too timid to handle certain issues. Moderators have to be able to handle any kind of problem that stirs, and take any kind of rubbish that they receive as well. Time and time again, I've shown to be too timid to take such comments, and that was one of the reasons for my demotion.
Alright, I can understand that. There will be times will the lot of us will respond in the same manner. We are people, after all.

I only have a fairly sized idea of how the 'system' works (though I'd like to know more), so...
Whatever the case, whatever happened between you and the staff should be best kept between the both you, so I'm not going to pry.
There must've been something they liked though if they kept you on for about four years. Pretty good run I'd say.

I'm not lying when I say that being a moderator is a huge responsibility, so you should never take the job lightly if you're ever given it.
Why do you think I WANT to do it? I didn't want to do it just so I can have the pretty red nametag and such. I love this community and I want to contribute in any way I can. Plus I love doing such tasks and having that responsibility.

Rising Nair and Falling Nair are used interchangeably, based on the situation.

Rising Nair is more for set ups and retreating.
Falling Nair is more for spacing.

Of course, one can do things the other can do, so its mostly up to you.

I'm still trying to get the hang of Nair on a higher level since it's becoming clear to me how well you control the neutral is based off how well you can use Nair and Uair lol.
This. I don't think I could've explained it better. :shades:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why do you think I WANT to do it? I didn't want to do it just so I can have the pretty red nametag and such. I love this community and I want to contribute in any way I can. Plus I love doing such tasks and having that responsibility.
As long as you are a positive influence, and have not committed any offenses (no warnings and/or infractions), you might have a chance, but the decision is made by the administrators alone.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Is FH AC fair good at all? I've been using it a lot more than I think I should be using it

Oh, and I found a use for jab walking. You can use it to walk through Diddy's peanuts if he insists on shooting them at you

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was a moderator since mid-2012 (which was before you became a member). I would've lost my moderator privileges a lot sooner if the staff thought that I was a terrible moderator.

Now that I'm back to being a normal user, it's nice that I'm being forgiven for my past mishaps. I'm not lying when I say that being a moderator is a huge responsibility, so you should never take the job lightly if you're ever given it.
I have no interest in being a moderator myself since I already have a busy lifestyle here but I can already tell it ain't an easy job.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm interested and I applied, but at this point I just assume that I havnt qualified kek.

Probably will try again later.

I seriously want to reorganize this board and make it an easy place to find info.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I need to fill out an application, but I'm going to wait a bit and earn some brownie points with the other mods first (they can give out recommendations if I recall), then make my move. I'm also going to wait a bit because I'm one of those "my work speaks for itself" type of people.

As long as you are a positive influence, and have not committed any offenses (no warnings and/or infractions), you might have a chance, but the decision is made by the administrators alone.
Then I've got a fair shot then. My slate's clean (unless you count getting kittyloafed by Hong like I did once.) and I'm throwing my weight around to better the community wherever I can.

Is FH AC fair goo...
Yes.
I've been using it a lot more than I think I should be using it.
Please continue.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
So I met with a Bayonetta player on For Glory that I lost to in the past that BM'd like crazy. He didn't do it this time around though

I got so salty and frustrated last time that I didn't save the replays to see what bull**** was getting me whacked. I was just the typical complainer about Witch Time and other Bayo nonsense

This time however...

Pros:
- I've improved since the last time I played him
- Read the Witch Times
- Edgeguarded
- Grabbed a lot and stayed more mobile to avoid Heel Slide and stray Witch Times
- Full hop rising Dair OoS is amazing in this match up

Cons:
- Must never roll out of Limit Charge. Heel Slide covers that option
- AC falling Dair is useless and dangerous in this match up
- Missed punished for days ughghgg

Anything else you guys think I could have done better against Bayonetta?

Jaku618

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaku618
Don't we have a video critique thread for that?
More blade beams to condition Bayo options in the neutral and sheild the ground version of heel slide more its pretty punishable.Use your disjoints more to your advantage since it beats most of her moves except like up-B.
Pretty much zone her out more and play kinda lame.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So I met with a Bayonetta player on For Glory that I lost to in the past that BM'd like crazy. He didn't do it this time around though

I got so salty and frustrated last time that I didn't save the replays to see what bull**** was getting me whacked. I was just the typical complainer about Witch Time and other Bayo nonsense

This time however...

Pros:
- Read the Witch Times
- Edgeguarded
- Grabbed a lot and stayed more mobile to avoid Heel Slide and stray Witch Times

Cons:

I can see why you lost to him frequently, looks like a pretty good player.

As for advice, I guess you could've tried reading the one combo he kept using. I would have also thrown out more Blade Beams and pretty much played zoner the whole time.

Don't we have a video critique thread for that?
Yes, but it doesn't hurt to post critique videos on the social on occasion. Plus you're likely to get a quicker response if you post your vids in high traffic areas.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

This time however...

Pros:
- Read the Witch Times
- Edgeguarded

Cons:

I never swear, but DAMN that last KO was fresh.
EDIT: But I wouldn't have charged limit so far so I could spam BB more.
Otherwise...

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I have posted my video for critique here but everyone ignored it :( </3 !

Lol but Chalice Chalice From watching you play, I can tell you've put alot of work into the character and definitely better than the average Cloud player. Little things I'd suggest is shield more. Shielding is Bayo's main weakness as her grab range and follow ups are pretty lack luster. Particularly in the first match, you were doing alot of just throwing out moves instead of reacting to Bayo. Your lucky she only got one WT on you. That, and you wasted LB on the BB early on the stock 1st stock. You might be able to get away with that pre patch, but with the LB charging getting nerfed, as Cloud, holding onto limit is even more valuable. I wouldn't use it at all unless I have a guaranteed LB CS punish (27% is nice even if it kills), am going for a kill (LB CS is the best, but LB CH can be used, and FT for an airdodge read usually), or obviously, need to use it to recover. Wasting limit on a less than probably 19% landing isn't worth it imo.

I will admit, regardless of how good an internet connection there is, it's harder to play the punish game due to the lag (3-7 frames of lag is still lag), but imo, shield and punish is the most optimal way to fight bayo (mostly because of how strong WT is). The great thing is that post patch, it's actually safe to go for the punish on WT.

I posted a set where I lost to a shiek (supposedly the 3rd or 4th best Shiek in Florida) in tourney. I'm still dissecting the video to see what I'm doing wrong on the MU but any additional input is appreciated.

https://www.twitch.tv/arcadeodyssey/v/55248243

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'd think it'd be better to just powershield the peanuts no?

And yeah FH AC Fair is pretty good.
Yeah it would lol
But if you want to look flashy then you got it
The high hitbox of jab 1 takes out any peanut that's not fully charged

I feel like FH AC fair leaves you so vulnerable... you're hanging in the air, unable to do anything until you land, just asking for something like OOS uair or fair. Am I using it wrong? Should I be using it on people I know are going to jump? Wouldn't uair be better for that?

Jaku618

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaku618
*Need to work on your falling dair spacing
*You had the right idea to use LCS on Sheik when she use BF but, use it at the wrong time
*Tone down the airdodging Sheiks always wait for those
*Lack of spacing with Nair and landing with Fair a bit too much gets predictable
*Tone down using Dash attack its a great walling move but punishable
*CS is a great anti air use it more when Sheik short hop
*Around 2:07:37 when you use LBB you should of reverse it to the ledge
Other than that you seem fine just miss a few punishes.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
*Need to work on your falling dair spacing
*You had the right idea to use LCS on Sheik when she use BF but, use it at the wrong time
*Tone down the airdodging Sheiks always wait for those
*Lack of spacing with Nair and landing with Fair a bit too much gets predictable
*Tone down using Dash attack its a great walling move but punishable
*CS is a great anti air use it more when Sheik short hop
*Around 2:07:37 when you use LBB you should of reverse it to the ledge
Other than that you seem fine just miss a few punishes.
Thanks for the input. Shiek is the only MU I struggle with (extending back to my old main, Falcon). That and everyone else warning me that "that guy is a very good shiek, good luck" made me admittedly nervous. I felt like I played subpar, and horribly but looking back at it, I wasn't as bad as I thought I was at the moment. What killed me is that I only got one LB CS kill off of the Shiek BF onto the stage. He did it sooooooo many times and gah, how did I barely take advantage of that. That, and I coulda won game one if I punished the fmash at the end with LB CS. Another big opportunity from the game.

Something else I noticed rewatching it is that Dtilt seems to be a really strong tool for the neutral vs Shiek. When Shiek tries to grab you and you dtilt, leaves the both of them for Cloud to start his uair/utilt strings.

If you ever wanna post vids of yourself for critique let me know. Again, I appreciate the advice :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wasn't being hostile, I was just being honest.
I understand, but just keep it to yourself sometimes.

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I don't expect your forgiveness or anything but believe me when I say this: I am very sorry. For everything and I mean everything. I meant no disrespect.
Not really imo. Just try to keep it under control. I mean it didn't really bother me. It was your style afterall.
I have no interest in being a moderator myself since I already have a busy lifestyle here but I can already tell it ain't an easy job.
Same here lol.
I need to fill out an application, but I'm going to wait a bit and earn some brownie points with the other mods first (they can give out recommendations if I recall), then make my move. I'm also going to wait a bit because I'm one of those "my work speaks for itself" type of people.
I'm looking forward to you become a mod someday.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah. He did better with Ganon and Ike lol.

I lost to his ike because I kept running into things and then he dipped before I could get my runback lmfao.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Its looking really good. Haven't played the PSP game, but I'm looking forward to it. Crossing my fingers they bring back Kefka.
You're going to get your wish trust me the developers have said that they plan on releasing over 50 characters, they would like to include even more as to them "50 feels like a small number". They also wish for all characters playable in the previous Dissidia titles to return. Takeo Kujiraoka and Yosuke Hayashi of Team Ninja are also considering adding Noctis from Final Fantasy XV after the games release. So we're going to have the roster from previous games and then some.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Oh was unaware these boards finally had a mod, rip my dreams. Guess I didn't qualify or something, but oh well I'll try again at a later time no biggie.

Top Bottom