• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I don't know how y'all can say Bayonetta and Corrin don't deserve to be in the game. Look at their movesets. They're even more advanced than Ryu's. For these final inclusions, it's not about the name of the character but what they can bring to the game. Sorry, but K. Rool and Wolf don't bring to the game the same unique experience that those two bring, and imo that's why she deserves to be in over a whole bunch of other characters.

I mean, what constitutes "deserving" to be in the game? She not only won the ballot but brings gameplay to Smash that we've never seen before. Corrin the same, sans the ballot.
That's not a very good argument. Shantae, Medusa, Ayumi Tachibani, Wonder Red, Paper Mario, Snake, etc... They all could've brought a unique play style to smash. Does that mean they deserved to get in? Nope. Plus a lot of people, including myself, think there's something fishy going on about the Ballot.
"*Among the realizable characters." For all we know King K. Rool was the top vote and didn't get in because Sakurai thought he was to green. Heck, we didn't even see any of the official results. Why don't we know the top characters from the west and everywhere else in the world? For all we know Bayonetta wasn't even in the top 20. Plus Sakurai said it takes up to a year to create a character, but some how he manged to create Bayonetta, a stage, gather music, get the licensing, and acquire a VA for the character all while also working on Corrin and Cloud. OK...

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread, but I've been labbing with Cloud ever since he's been out. (hype) I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but Finishing Touch can hit certain characters that are grabbing onto the ledge. I'll post a thread in a few days with a list of who it can and can't hit.

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Is anyone else kind of bugged by the fact that they just used "FF" for Cloud's series symbol instead of the FFVII meteor logo?

Staticky

Smash Cadet
Should I start a thread on where we think Cloud is in the metagame? I would like to start a discussion here but it would probably be drowned out by people salty that Goku didnt get into the game

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
That's not a very good argument. Shantae, Medusa, Ayumi Tachibani, Wonder Red, Paper Mario, Snake, etc... They all could've brought a unique play style to smash. Does that mean they deserved to get in? Nope. Plus a lot of people, including myself, think there's something fishy going on about the Ballot.
"*Among the realizable characters." For all we know King K. Rool was the top vote and didn't get in because Sakurai thought he was to green. Heck, we didn't even see any of the official results. Why don't we know the top characters from the west and everywhere else in the world? For all we know Bayonetta wasn't even in the top 20. Plus Sakurai said it takes up to a year to create a character, but some how he manged to create Bayonetta, a stage, gather music, get the licensing, and acquire a VA for the character all while also working on Corrin and Cloud. OK...
Bruh if it takes a year to create a character we'd be receiving our first DLC like today

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is anyone else kind of bugged by the fact that they just used "FF" for Cloud's series symbol instead of the FFVII meteor logo?
Should have been a meteor. Or a crystal, but I guess the crystal represents FFIX more.

I guess a Meteor would have sufficed. It's weird since Sakurai never mentioned anything about Final Fantasy as a franchise with strong ties with Nintendo in the past, so... why try to "Un-7-fy" Cloud's logo?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anybody else having trouble facing LVL9 CPU Cloud?

I get crushed! I managed to survive as MM, and oddly 2-stocked him as Link, but with the rest of the cast, it's so freaking hard. Camping a CPU is always easy, so maybe it's just that. But fighting Lvl9CPU Cloud from up close is an absolute nightmare, lol. He perfect shields everything.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
After postponing it for so long, I finally made my way over here. I love Cloud so far. He feels so natural as an Ike main. I am still a little disappointed in the lack of music for his stage but all that matters is Cloud is here and he's fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Smashville is bar none Cloud's best stage. The fact that he could camp on the moving platform and charge up Limit Break helps him immensely. I fought another Cloud and I struggled the most here.

Might be early to talk about MUs, but I'm pretty sure Cloud has the advantage on Cloud if played patiently. The big range and speed on alot of Clouds moves don't give Luigi a reliable in. If Luigi gets in on Cloud, he can rack up crazy damage, but that really isn't anything new. You can add me and PM me for a time to get a few matches in :) .
All right! I'll PM you to arrange a time! :)

Nah. I think Cloud should have a symbol to represent Final Fantasy as a whole, not just 7. I will admit that the "FF" is kinda lame, however.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Should have been a meteor. Or a crystal, but I guess the crystal represents FFIX more.

I guess a Meteor would have sufficed. It's weird since Sakurai never mentioned anything about Final Fantasy as a franchise with strong ties with Nintendo in the past, so... why try to "Un-7-fy" Cloud's logo?
Maybe.... cuz Warrior of Light?!?!

But on a serious note (even though it's possible) Cloud IS the face of Final Fantasy, even if Square didn't intend him to be.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Smashville is bar none Cloud's best stage. The fact that he could camp on the moving platform and charge up Limit Break helps him immensely. I fought another Cloud and I struggled the most here.

All right! I'll PM you to arrange a time! :)

Nah. I think Cloud should have a symbol to represent Final Fantasy as a whole, not just 7. I will admit that the "FF" is kinda lame, however.
So... what, it's cool for Ryu to have SF as a logo?

Cloud looks completely and utterly ashamed of himself when he loses, like he just let all of his friends down. He can't even bear to look at the player. Almost seems like he's gonna cry...

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace

Cloud looks completely and utterly ashamed of himself when he loses, like he just let all of his friends down. Almost seems like he's gonna cry...
Really? I kinda get the "not interested" vibe when he loses.

D

Deleted member

Cloud looks completely and utterly ashamed of himself when he loses, like he just let all of his friends down. He can't even bear to look at the player. Almost seems like he's gonna cry...
No, it makes sense for Ryu to have the SF as a logo.
I thought that maybe FF would get something like a Crystal or even a Moogle or Chocobo. The FF makes sense.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Man I wished I saved the replay, but I went up against a Captain Falcon and we were both down by one stock. He knock me off the stage, but I could easily get back with a second jump. So as he tries to spike me, I hit him with my Up B in mid air, pressed it again and we both went down Except I grabbed onto the ledge as he got slung down.

Was amazing. Gotta do that some more.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
There could have been other logos, but it's nice to see FF get recognized as a whole. Remember, logos usually represent the series the character is a part of, not the specific game that one character came from. Rosalina and Luma, for example.

A crystal would have represented FFIX and/or FFV too much, and a Chocobo has been in a lot of games. The FF or it makes sense to me.

*Meant to say a Chocobo would have worked as well, whoops.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, I finally downloaded Cloud this afternoon.

He felt really awkward at first, but after beating Classic and taking down a few For Gloryers, I'm really thinking I'm gonna main the guy. His playstyle feels really natural to me, and I'm having a blast playing him. I just have to work on my Limit Break timing...

Last edited:

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
There could have been other logos, but it's nice to see FF get recognized as a whole. Remember, logos usually represent the series the character is a part of, not the specific game that one character came from. Rosalina and Luma, for example.

A crystal would have represented FFIX and/or FFV too much, and a Chocobo has been in a lot of games. The FF or it makes sense to me.

*Meant to say a Chocobo would have worked as well, whoops.
\
A long shot for sure, but you think IF there's another smash we'll get more FF chars in the future hence the symbol?

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
After postponing it for so long, I finally made my way over here. I love Cloud so far. He feels so natural as an Ike main. I am still a little disappointed in the lack of music for his stage but all that matters is Cloud is here and he's fantastic.
I was also really disappointed the Midgar stage didn't have more songs, these would have been perfect:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
\
A long shot for sure, but you think IF there's another smash we'll get more FF chars in the future hence the symbol?
Anymore FF characters would be a dream come true. Onion Knight, Zidane Tribal, Terra, heck, I'd even be pleased with Lightning or Tidus making it in.
Of course, it'd have to be in the next Smash game, as this one won't be getting anymore characters past The Angel Killer.

Thanks! Just let me know the info once it's set up and we can get to work. Is anyone else working with us?
I'm free if you need any help. I've just been sitting here testing knockback percents that kill Cloud.

Last edited:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Oh, boy! New icon! :4cloud:

Cloud is so much fun. I'm still getting used to him, but he's a definite main. Haven't tried him out on the Wii U, yet. I really wish there were more than two songs on Midgar.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Not really. I won't deny that it's a little uncreative though; but what Cloud lacks in a creative logo, he makes up for by completely replacing the post match music with the FF7 victory fanfare. No other character has this and I think it's a better nod to Cloud and FF7 than a logo.
I was also really disappointed the Midgar stage didn't have more songs, these would have been perfect:
Same here. The fact that there is no One Winged Angel or any other song from FF7 kinda bothers me.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
After a rough start on For Glory, I started going on a rampage with Cloud. The juggles, options, mindgames, punishes, are soooo satisfying. Thank you based Sakurai for not only giving us Cloud, but also making him fun!

D

Deleted member

Just spent about an hour playing Cloud. He's super fun~
I think he's good enough for me to have as one of my mains.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I took a picture of Cloud while Bahamut Zero was going off and he just kinda turned into Zack.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Can someone tell me if you can cancel Limit Charges with a dash? If you can, then true Melee dash dance confirmed for Cloud. But I mean, being able to perform any attack out of limit charges is amazing enough.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It is funny when you miss an edgeguard with Limit, only to stab them with Limit Climhazzard on the way up.

Cloud really feels like two different characters depending on Limit. Normal's goal is to raise damage or create space while Limit looks to finish them off. Blade Beams highlight this really well.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hmmmm....

Yeahhhh. Not feeling him too much.
I don't know. He just doesn't click with me very well. I may use him for fun, but he probably won't be my main.

The hype train stopped short for me brothers and sisters :crying:

Hyped as **** for Kamui tho!

D

Deleted member

I'd love to play with you tomorrow!
I'll think about it. I had a miserable time tonight against my friends and on For Glory. :/
If not tomorrow, definitely Friday. I think I will need a one day break to just relax a bit.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I just got done beating Classic mode 9.0 with Cloud. Master fortress was a pain, but it was worth it to see The Congratulations in the Final Fantasy 7 logo.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I've had much of last night and today to play as Cloud. And I really like playing as him. He is probably by far my favorite DLC character to play as. And considering I'm a bit lukewarm about Corrin and Bayonetta, that may just stick :)

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Cloud feels so 'natural' to use. He's fun as hell to play as, despite his less-than-ideal recovery. His Fsmash is probably my new favorite, but his moves in general just feel satisfying to execute (successfully).

He translated into Smash quite well imo, and I don't think I've ever had this much fun with a Smash playable in a long time.

Top Bottom