• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Alright, What FF game should I play now? I just got done with the story mode for some Dissidia characters. So I beat I & II. So give me something good.

I love the swishy sound his spear makes during his entrance in Dissidia: https://youtu.be/K7uIwlu-A-Q?t=53. That being said, as much as I like Liam O'Brien's voice acting, I kind of wished they used someone else for Kain... The deep voice works, but there's someone about the way Liam talks that makes it sound off for me. Maybe someone like else like Keith Ferguson would have worked. Also, with a FFIV character, we might get this remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKbSJ15cZc.

Helps that Lightning is the same height as Cloud so all they need to do is some "simple" editing. Also, have you all seen Lightning's trailer for Dissidia 2015? The stage they used reminds me of the early Final Fantasy XIII screenshots. People might have hated the story and characters, but man, could you imagine FFXIII if it had Dissidia's combat?

If there is ever a remake of Final Fantasy XIII, all it needs it a combat tune-up and boom. There you go, game's like 10x better since the combat would start out engaging rather than engaging only if you managed to get to Gran Pulse. I'm being unrealisitic, but dude, Dissidia's combat looks so over-the-top and that's what makes it so freaking awesome!
I thought Final Fantasy 13 was a very well made game. Beautiful graphics, Lovable characters, fantastic music and a interesting combat system.

I am happy she's in Dissidia. Her combo game looks incredible.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
He might think that it would be unfair to Zack as his own character to be stuck as an alt for Cloud. He has gone on record saying he doesn't like to do character alts for that reason.
After all, the only special move of Cloud we've ever seen Zack use is Meteorain, which ironicly is the only limit break we have not seen in the trailer (the normals should be fine, too though). While many wouldn't care, Sakurai is a stickler for this kind of thing as he doesn't want to misrepresent a character.
Character-inspired palettes are A-OK though.

Cloud's playstyle really is hard to tell from what's seen so far, mostly pretty decent/bad in terms of landing lag on aerials, Ftilt likely very punishable though no telling since we can only guess how soon into it after it's active you can IASA. No real poking move like Marcina Dtilt and instead there's a slide that can go under a lot of things but you can't seem to true combo after.

It's hard to tell how he'll be able to "play it safe" if he needs to, though he does have that Blade Beam projectile which is nice so he has a potentially good option to force approaches himself. Recovery is also worrisome too, from what we've seen so far is just his Up B/Climhazard as a recovery, and while Limit makes it godlike, it's one use and along with it just spends your entire Limit which could have been used elsewhere.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm also remaining slightly worrisome over some apparent potential serious problems.
Cloud seems to prefer air battles for the most part, like most of Dissidia. Blade Beam is definitely going to be a key part in starting that. Once there, Cloud proceeds to vortex the enemy by chasing their landing or spiking them with fair.

His ground moves seem mostly to serve as a means to break down defences, GTFO moves or anti-airs. The only way ftilt would justify having that lag (if true) is if it was almost as strong as fsmash.

So yeah, forcing the opponent into the air seems to be a key part of Cloud's strategy.

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
Square Enix is having a Black Friday sale on their website! Chrono Trigger for DS is $6 among many other great deals, y'all should check it out.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else started playing Shulk more now cause he looks like Cloud?

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
To hold my excitement ive been playing a bunch of FF games
Me too, I just got FF7 and am starting to replay it after my first playthrough a decade ago. It's a lot better than I remember, shucks.
Cloud is also a lot funnier than I remember him being. xD

]So if we could have another member from the Final fantasy series join Smash (which will not happen) Which character would you prefer.
If my flirtatious, lovable, cheeky little thief, mischievous scamp who doesn't need a reason to help people got in, I would - well, I might explode. Just explode. At least he's a good character in Dissidia, though. :v

<3
Some people like the stoic tough badass guys like Cloud (psst, I know about later Cloud, but spoilers) and Squall, but personally I prefer the funny, cheerful, naughty guys who aren't afraid to play around and have fun but are always there for their friends and ready to help out. ^_^ To each their own.

Alright, What FF game should I play now? I just got done with the story mode for some Dissidia characters. So I beat I & II. So give me something good.
Like, almost all of the FF games are amazing, so take your pick.
Can't go wrong with 6, 7, 8 or 9. 10 is tricky, a lot of people didn't like it, especially the ending. :/ Even 5 is really fun to play as a game.

Personally I recommend 9, it IMO has the best (at least the most hilarious!) opening premise
and solid everything else, great, lovable characters with most of them getting a lot of development throughout, excellent story (it's the FF that focuses on war and
genocide
and it's effects, as well as who someone is as a person and what they want their life to mean and how they want to live it) and the gameplay is about the same as 7 and 8. Trance is worse than Limit Break as a system, and you'll need to set up the ATBs to be as fast as possible.

/ff9 obsessive rant

but again all of the FF main games are fun to play and great games overall. You can even pick randomly and it's pretty assured you'll have a good time. ^_~

I'll be off playing FF7 (so good) for the rest of November nooow. Byeee.~

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Is anyone excited for Final Fantasy XV? I am going to buy it when it is released. Do you think it will be a good game?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
uh, does that mean you disagree?
Kind of? I mean, insofar as Smash, what you described is pretty much everybody's gameplan that has a spike, lol. I know you know vortex and vortex setups are a little more elaborate than that, man.

I just feel like a trailer isn't going to give us a real good look at what his meta is.

Smooth Criminal

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I'm back. I've been stuck with family all day. FFXV looks neat but I probably wont play it for the same reason I won't play mkx .....I dont have the gil.

Anyways does anyone else wanna help me out with the community guide/meta thing I made? I have a few people but the more the merrier

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I'm back. I've been stuck with family all day. FFXV looks neat but I probably wont play it for the same reason I won't play mkx .....I dont have the gil.

Anyways does anyone else wanna help me out with the community guide/meta thing I made? I have a few people but the more the merrier
While i do not know a lot about Smash and still improving but i would still like to help in some way!

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Is anyone excited for Final Fantasy XV? I am going to buy it when it is released. Do you think it will be a good game?
From what I've seen of it it looks pretty good but I'd need to get a PS4 for it and I don't have the money for that right now

I'm not exactly the best at this kind of stuff but if you want help I'd happily do it

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I actually like FF Mimes
Mime Anna changed into the Berserker class!
Mime Anna lost control!
Mime Anna did 777 damage to Cloud haters!
Mime Anna changed back into the Mime class and leveled up!

Another adventure for Teh Epic Anna, all in an RPG day's work..

If I can help in any way I'd be glad to.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Should we start assigning duties after we've formed a group of people to help out with Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's community guide? Perhaps those of you that just want to help with more simple things could help with submitting information on KO%s, and how much damage each move does (depending on charge/hitboxes). For more seasoned players that really want to help with in depth stuff, we could probably form uses for each move upon further inspection after release and matchup impressions. We'll probably have to wait on someone like @KuroganeHammer to give us specific frame data and other numbers (that are accurate), and then anyone could help out with combos I guess.

So far I'm actually having some faith in this community, what a pleasant surprise.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Should we start assigning duties after we've formed a group of people to help out with Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's community guide? Perhaps those of you that just want to help with more simple things could help with submitting information on KO%s, and how much damage each move does (depending on charge/hitboxes). For more seasoned players that really want to help with in depth stuff, we could probably form uses for each move upon further inspection after release and matchup impressions. We'll probably have to wait on someone like @KuroganeHammer to give us specific frame data and other numbers (that are accurate), and then anyone could help out with combos I guess.

So far I'm actually having some faith in this community, what a pleasant surprise.
I might be able to find out the percentage damage for each of Clouds attacks and if also possible find out the KO%s.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Ah I just remembered stages. I'll need to update the thread with it. I wonder what stages will be best for him? I imagine stages with platforms but we'll see. Also if we could get it stickied or something that would be nice.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ah I just remembered stages. I'll need to update the thread with it. I wonder what stages will be best for him? I imagine stages with platforms but we'll see. Also if we could get it stickied or something that would be nice.
His overall range (which is disjointed) and the fact that he has a projectile could make it so he can adapt well in most stages.

But I'm sure one of his bad stages would be Castle Siege because of the second stage's statues blocking projectiles.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Smashville and larger stages may be good for him so he can charge LB. I'm just assuming this. Also if finishing touch goes throughr....say battlefields platforms itll be an amazing and super scary move.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Smashville and larger stages may be good for him so he can charge LB. I'm just assuming this. Also if finishing touch goes throughr....say battlefields platforms itll be an amazing and super scary move.
Smashville is actually pretty small, imo :lol:

But I agree, big stages = more space to safely fill the Limit Gauge

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
so, how about we especulate Wave 5 Mii suits: we know that chocobo hat is in, but i think there will be more now that square-enix is in....let's see....some ideas:

Brawler:
Moogle Suit/ Moogle hat
(Was going to add Tifa, but thinking on a Lonk Mii with breast scares me, :S)

Swordfighter:

Warrior of Light Armor/ Warrior of Light Helmet
Black Mage Robes/Black Mage Hat
Kain Armor/Kain helmet
Gilgamesh Armor/Gilgamesh Mask
Terra Outfit /Terra Wig
Sephiroth Outfit/ Sephiroth Wig

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wave 6?

Did sneaky Sakurai-san add some DLC without me noticing?

Because I'm pretty sure last wave was Wave 4...

. . .

Anyway, I'll go with the obvious: Tifa as a Brawler, Zack (or Sephiroth) as a Swordfighter, Barret as a Gunner

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Smashville is actually pretty small, imo :lol:

But I agree, big stages = more space to safely fill the Limit Gauge
Wait... Has it been confirmed that he just fills/charges his Limit Gauge manually? I just sort of assumed it was more like Lucario's aura.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I agree with Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts we need to establish a meta game thread. On the day Cloud is released I will be analyzing Cloud and guessing what he can bring to the competitive Smash community. Although I'm not the best smasher, anyone who like to do some Cloud vs. Cloud matches with me to further my research is more then welcome.

Strong-Arm Strong-Arm If you don't mind, I would like to help with the guide you are making.

As for stages, Cloud looks like he will need a medium size stage like Smashville and FD. Cloud looks like he will have a hard time recovering without the limit breaks unless Cross slash can give him some floating mobility. I would say more, but I'm starving.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Should we make a list of people who is helping making the thread?

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I can make the list or we can have Ffamran Ffamran make a list of those who will help with the development of Clouds meta game.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Ok it would be helpful if I knew of who else would like to aid me. If I have to do alot of it on my own I will but it would be awesome if we as a community and group pulled together and fought further. I have to update the guide/thread i made with new sections which I will do once I get home.

I think a list of cloud figure heads or something to that effect would be great for keeping track of things. So imo yes let's make a list

Top Bottom