• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Onoh

Smash Cadet
NNID
benclaremom
:4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:
The future of For Glory. (To be honest I will probably be a part of this too. :awesome:)

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Wow. This is amazing. I immediately went and watched Advent Children yesterday again for the hype.
My boy Shulk didn't work out, here's hoping Cloud's frame data is better.
Yo, did you see that Nair he landed with against Mega Man in the trailer? Looks pretty damn fast.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Yo, did you see that Nair he landed with against Mega Man in the trailer? Looks pretty damn fast.
I know, I'm thinking about using this character because of how good he looks. And I've been looking for a secondary, and my search's results have been well... cloudy. Let's just say that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If only Cloud had a Zack alt...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I just want to say that I'm very happy Cloud is in the game, even though....admittedly, I had put down some people in the past who claimed characters like him had a chance. I didn't think Nintendo would actually go through with it. And this, is coming from a huge Final Fantasy fan.
Regardless, I'm very happy to be wrong. Congrats too all of his supporters. :) This was really spectacular to witness. Can't wait to finally play as/against him! ^_^

Btw, for those of you who know of Quas Quas.
Check out what he's working on!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And... they didn't use Dissidia's dash sound effect. Smash 4's I don't know where it comes from sounds lighter and softer than Dissidia's.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
They could do what they do in the ridley stage and remove them entirely
As long as I get to smash to good ol' FF tracks with 4+ others, I don't care what they do to make it viable for 8 player smash.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Anyone else notice in the reveal trailer Cloud says "Kakatte koi!" just like Fox's old taunt back in Melee? (with the Japanese audio on)
I feel like that was a throwback to that, a reference. I hope it stays in as one of his taunts! :D

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone else notice in the reveal trailer Cloud says "Kakatte koi!" just like Fox's old taunt back in Melee? (with the Japanese audio on)
I feel like that was a throwback to that, a reference. I hope it stays in as one of his taunts! :D
Kakatte koi is pretty much 'come on' in Japanese so it's not a throwback to Melee. I don't think Sakurai wanted people to remember how good Fox used to sound
buncha text
er mah gerd azewmengeh die oh
erm a feen

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Cloud is looking solid so far.
It's going to be a pain in the butt waiting for him in December along with the other smash announcement.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I think we may have to wait longer than december for cloud though, in this
Cloud's run animation looks really weird. I assume this means he is unfinished. But he could be finished by december, that's just my two cents

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Considering Lucas was announced in April and was released in June.....yeah, we might have to wait for a while, probably until the December update with the other characters.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I think we may have to wait longer than december for cloud though, in this
Cloud's run animation looks really weird. I assume this means he is unfinished. But he could be finished by december, that's just my two cents
The running animation might be a reference to how his attack run up animation looked in FFVII, or to the Dash every character had in Dissidia. There have been a couple of odd run animations in Smash (Bowser's melee run, anyone?).
I agree that there might be some things left to polish on his shading/model (looks kinda off in some scenes), but that isn't all that odd for the character trailers.

I do believe there is a pretty good chance we'll see Spikey in december, maybe even alongside another character.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The running animation might be a reference to how his attack run up animation looked in FFVII, or to the Dash every character had in Dissidia. There have been a couple of odd run animations in Smash (Bowser's melee run, anyone?).
I agree that there might be some things left to polish on his shading/model (looks kinda off in some scenes), but that isn't all that odd for the character trailers.

I do believe there is a pretty good chance we'll see Spikey in december, maybe even alongside another character.
Or Kingdom Hearts where apparently, Cloud doesn't run unlike Squall Leon, so he flies and spams Sonic Blade to move around.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860

I haven't played Final Fantasy at all. But you make a good point. And to be fair, Melee was made in 11 months, smash 4 was in development for a few years. I would be hype if they released him along with another character in december, but this is sakurai we're talking about... we never know.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
I kinda agree with this? I always felt 6 was the superior FF game when I got around to playing it (which was after I played 7 and Mystic Quest; hysterically enough, the first two FF games I ever played).

Still, I wouldn't deter people from playing 7. It's a classic in its own right.

Smooth Criminal
but that remake money.

If that succeeds. Square enix might actually start meeting fan demands as opposed to going this downward spiral for the ff series.

That or suggest to them to remake more games. Square enix is in a weird place right now. Long gone are the days when I was a rabid fan (which was actually around the time they stopped calling themselves square soft-yes I know it was because of a merger).

Also get your amiibo money ready. That cloud amiibo will vanish, if they ever make one (not that I'd personally bite).

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
About the whole dash thing... now that I think about it. Even in the original FF7, he doesn't run up to the enemies to attack, he dashes like he does in Smash.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
About the whole dash thing... now that I think about it. Even in the original FF7, he doesn't run up to the enemies to attack, he dashes like he does in Smash.
Meanwhile, Tidus in Final Fantasy X whose regular attack is a jump attack that would make Link jealous.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
but that remake money.

If that succeeds. Square enix might actually start meeting fan demands as opposed to going this downward spiral for the ff series.

That or suggest to them to remake more games. Square enix is in a weird place right now. Long gone are the days when I was a rabid fan (which was actually around the time they stopped calling themselves square soft-yes I know it was because of a merger).
idk man, if you set aside the MMO part of it, A Realm Reborn is actually more Final Fantasy than...well, a lot of the **** in recent years. It's doing super well right now (1-2 million subs!), and it's also a stellar example of what happens when you actually listen to your fans and take feedback. Hopefully the other devs at Squeenix take note of that in the future.

Also get your amiibo money ready. That cloud amiibo will vanish, if they ever make one (not that I'd personally bite).
I'd bite, lol. I already got Dedede and I plan on getting Ryu. I may as well go for broke!

Smooth Criminal

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Allow me to express my profound joy for having :4cloud: join the party.

I admit my first reaction was *rolleyes* "Should have been Crono! Or Black Mage...! ... Or Chocobo... or... Oh **** this, Cloud looks freaking dope!"

And I've been glad he was included in the game ever since.
The fact that he hasn't been on a Nintendo console (yet) is just a tiny detail for me. FF has been HUGE on Nintendo. Maybe through Cloud, we're going to get FFVII and up back on Nintendo.

I confess I would have liked to see a bit more magic useage... Bolt, Ice, Fire, Quake, Bio, etc.
But... having almost (if not all) his Limit Breaks represented, is a HUGE plus for me.
I would have also liked having his Limit Break work like Little Mac's Power Meter, cause that's basically how it works in the game (except he gains it from taking damage, as opposed to Little Mac getting it from dealing it). BUT it's close enough.

Too bad the Summons are limited to Midgar only. And that also means Midgar is automatically banned from tournaments... What a shame, playing in Midgar with FFVII music booming out of the speakers would have made tournaments so much better (as opposed to... eh... Smashville music. :/ ).

But, the important thing is, he's here! And I can't wait to see his palette swaps, and music choices! And most importantly, can't wait to use a sword fighter which I actually CARE about! :D :D :D

Time to do some squats!

P.S. I am SO going to use his Summon Taunt that reads: "Not Enough MP!" in multiplayer matches. XD

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wow look what I found:
https://www.change.org/p/rollout-gaming-get-cloud-out-of-smash-4

Some people just want to watch Nibelheim the world burn.
On one hand, Black Mage would be a more interesting character to play as
On the other hand, Black Mage isn't THE JRPG character
I cant wait to enjoy killing clouds as ike :)))
psstt...You can't barge in forums to post stuff like this. It'll get you warnings or infractions. Besides, who says I can't play Ike AND Cloud?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Actually, considering Final Fantasy Explorers is coming out, anyone have thoughts on that? It looks awesome imo
World of Final Fantasy, though. Look at chibi Cloud. LOOK AT HIM!

Would you not want a plushie of him? Any answer other than "yes" will involve tar and feathering for heresy.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The salt is strong.

Seriously though...what is wrong with these kind of people? First that god awful Federations Force petition and now this nonsense.

The saltiest community I've seen about Cloud getting into Smash has been from a booru.
It's like these people actually believe the petition will work.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
World of Final Fantasy, though. Look at chibi Cloud. LOOK AT HIM!

Would you not want a plushie of him? Any answer other than "yes" will be involve tar and feathering for heresy.
I hope World of Final Fantasy and the new Dissidia has FFIX characters that aren't just Zidane. IX was my first final fantasy and I swear this game get's no love.

Last edited:
Top Bottom