• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7-Baiting

Vinnie

Smash Master
Every time I do a 7 hammer, the opponent usually rushes in in an attempt to get the apple. It only heals 5%. Would a better option, instead of eating it, be to leave it there to bait your opponent in?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Every time I do a 7 hammer, the opponent usually rushes in in an attempt to get the apple. It only heals 5%. Would a better option, instead of eating it, be to leave it there to bait your opponent in?
Yes, but only as soon as you drop it there.

If he usually rushes in, watch him closely and react to what he does -- act as if the apple isn't even there... When you know he is rushing in, it means your bait is working! Then just punish him with a shieldgrab or whatever.

Once you knocked him away, eat it and you'll have a better advantage: he gained %, and you lost %... Win.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The apple heals only 4%.

I've though about using this before, but it just isn't practical. Picking up and eating the apple happens really fast with little/no lag. It's really hard to punish somebody that eats your apple.

imo, it's not worth it to leave it there. By eating the apple it helps you survive longer because of Bukit Braking.

Splice

Smash Hero
You could always just get a 9 instead. I've found that always works pretty well.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
that's because tomatoes got way more supplements than an apple.

Top Bottom