• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[7/22/16] - Re-balanced (and more) Stages by soopercool101 - LXP Announcement!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
As a bonus, you could do the same for dranakar's revamp. Just a suggestion.
It won't be hard to do, and so it shall be done. (Theytah's revamp, on the other hand, would be much, much harder to do, and so I probably won't do it for that one)

EDIT: Edits of Dranakar's will definitely be included

Also, there is now a video of the melee Omega form:

EDIT 2: I also have a video up of a casual stage I've been fixing up from Brawl-, Lavaville!

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Fixed the Vault downloads on Kalos since Modulous is down. If anyone had trouble with them before, try again now.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I have nefarious plans for that, but I must ask: where are hitblocks for stages stored? In the pac? rel? Neither?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about collisions? Or hitboxes as in the spikes in stages like bowser's castle?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Collisions are stored in the pac, in a coll file.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but the spike hitboxes are stored in a separate coll file from the other stage collisions and require a target test rel to work.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I have nefarious plans for that, but I must ask: where are hitblocks for stages stored? In the pac? rel? Neither?
Hitboxes, to my knowledge, are mapped to certain bones in the pac by the rel. Lavaville and Burning Frustration use Norfair as a base, whereas Kalos and Bowser's Castle use Target Test.

Neither use different coll maps for hazards though. The second Target Test coll file is used for the Spring.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok thanks. In general, how does one edit the spike hitboxes in target test?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok thanks. In general, how does one edit the spike hitboxes in target test?
I haven't messed around with it all that much myself, but as my understanding goes, in the original target test there are two bones which are used to make opposite corners of a square hitbox, which can then be manipulated using bone animations.

EDIT: Four bones; two square hitboxes

EDIT 2: Ignore this I was WAY off. It actually has to do with a collision type.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Should be done with an HD Meta Crystal M and Omega by Saturday, just putting some final touches on it. Here's a video:

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Figuring out how to use every version of Metal Cavern with ASL is going to be a challenge.
My personal setup for it is:
No Button - Metal Cavern 64
R - Metal Cavern 3.6
L - Metal Cavern M 64
L+R - Metal Cavern M 3.6
Z - Metal Cavern Omega 64
Z + R - Metal Cavern Omega 3.6

Mimimax

Smash Rookie
Hi, I really like your stages, but there's a thing that you may haven't noticed and kinda bugs me. In PM 3.6, the UFO on Fourside has given proper reflection texture but your stages (Onett and Fourside) are based on the 3.5 versions and still use the pre 3.6 UFO so you might want to update you Fourside M and Onett M. Keep up the good work.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I really like your stages, but there's a thing that you may haven't noticed and kinda bugs me. In PM 3.6, the UFO on Fourside has given proper reflection texture but your stages (Onett and Fourside) are based on the 3.5 versions and still use the pre 3.6 UFO so you might want to update you Fourside M and Onett M. Keep up the good work.
Huh, I didn't actually know that about Fourside. In Fourside M the UFO is so far in the background that it really doesn't matter that much (though I might still update it if people want and I find the time). Onett M, as my second stage ever, is a stage I desperately need to revisit. It doesn't work on newer builds of Dolphin, looks terrible, and I've really come to hate the layout I designed for it, I just really don't feel like it works. I'm planning on designing a completely new layout for it, but I'll probably add in an updated version of the old one (since other people seem to like it more than I do) when I do.

Also, finished the HD 3.6-styled Metal Cavern M/Omega! You can pick it up here at modulous.

Last edited:

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
Yo Soop Bro I hope you don't mind If promote my brand new build. As I told ya before I did add some of your stages in, and some other competitive ones from other people.

Check out Project M Unsilenced & Rebalanced. The Competitive Stage & Music Pack.
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-unsilenced-rebalanced.430292/
So far 184 songs replaced and 22 stages added, and It took like a year to make it, so please take a look.
Though I should really add Meta Crystal M & and some of your upcoming stages in a update.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Gonna leave this little test vid here. Excuse the lag, it was recorded from my laptop.

I might try and polish this up and use it in the possibly-near future for a stage
If I can get it to be less of a buggy mess

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Gonna leave this little test vid here. Excuse the lag, it was recorded from my laptop.

I might try and polish this up and use it in the possibly-near future for a stage
Now will the computer stop getting stuck, right?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Working on a wifi-safe version of Smash U Battlefield that actually matches up to the collisions.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I released my edit of Wii U battlefield, download it here!

I've confirmed it is completely wifi safe on Wiimmfi, thanks to the wonderful Dranakar.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I've released a Smash U import stage, 75m Omega.

Video:

Also finally got around to updating the OP with my last few releases. As for all the stages I've teased but have not yet released, stay tuned, I plan on dropping most of them sometime in July.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know I've seemed inactive as of late, but I've been hard at work! Remember XP, that mod pack with way too many stages I worked on? We're back, and we've merged with the wonderful people at the Legacy dev team to bring you a brand new mod, coming "soon"!

It features pretty much every stage I've been showcasing, and more! Get hyped!

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know I've seemed inactive as of late, but I've been hard at work! Remember XP, that mod pack with way too many stages I worked on? We're back, and we've merged with the wonderful people at the Legacy dev team to bring you a brand new mod, coming "soon"!

I saw the reveal trailer on a fb post in my pm group lol, but right afterwards I started thinking that the XP might've meant it was related to PMXP. Nice to see that that project is still going on.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326

YAAASSSSZZ

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Get hyped!
As more and more of these team builds crop up, I find it harder to harder to continue working on my own. Taking a build with the brunt of the leg work done for my current goals is preferable, but I can never seem to agree with the SSS layout or costume choices. Ah well.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just curious, but do you know what animation or variable / etc controls the tilting on the main Yoshi's Island platform? Trying to figure out the tilt / how high/low the edges can get. Thanks in advance!

JoshD

Smash Rookie
I actually really enjoy the Kalos League stages. They're just beautiful to look at. I will mention one thing, the fire to normal transformation looks a bit rough. I am playing on a Wii, so that could be the problem. Overall though, very cool stage.

ZaneTheGreat

Smash Rookie
I'm really new to the whole project m modding, but can someone help me with the installation process on Dolphin for the sd verison.. yeah its kind of rough, i'm using winimage, and i extended my stages and what not but i do not know how to add stages without it- not working, please help me

Top Bottom