• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th Gen RMT: Revamped and Doing Good

Wrath`

Smash Master
Back with another team, I basically scrapped my old one and only kept Nattorie and Infernape.

Ankinator (Borutorosu) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Psychic

M4F has this as his current lead, so I tried it out myself and it does wonders. Taunt is an obvious choice with Mischievous Heart, also out speeds most other MH users too. With a surprisingly good Special Attack stat T-Bolt and Psychic provide good coverage and usually net a KO. I usually only lose to pokemon that I think use set ups(do to my lack of knowledge), or ones that predict the taunt and sock it to me.

Terra Cotta (Terakion) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Retribution

What I guess would be a standard set on Terakion, it does it's job when I need some physical bulk with good attack.

UFO (Nattorei) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Worry Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

The same wall as my last team, it does it's job well and gets up the mid rocks most of the time, unless I get greedy with Gyro Ball or PW. He's got some surprisingly good attack for a wall, I have broken some subs that I would have never guessed I would have before. Worry Seed is kind of a gimmick to hit a Shadow Tag Chandelier or Speed Boosting Blaziken unsuspectingly, but it's only happened once, so I think I need to change that move.

Puppet Hands (Sazandora) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SAtk / 156 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

My hard hittin' special dragon. I absolutely love this thing. Come in on something good and pick any move really, well not U turn, I wanna switch that one. Draco Meteor does monstrous damage to even resisted pokemon. Unless it's Nattorie, that thing only took 30% if I remember correctly.

Gokuazaru (Infernape) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

My bro form Gen 4, a different variant, I usually ran a mixed lead with LO, but decided to run a SD one instead, I never actually use SD, I never usually use any stat boosting move,I need to start though, I heard it allows you to sweep teams........:awesome:

Metal gear (Genosekuto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 20 Atk/236 SpA/252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- U Turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Just another Special Attacker, but scarfed for speed. Going to remove Flash Cannon for T-Bolt soon as it is not doing me much. There is not much to say about this guy, I kinda just stuck him on here, so eh.

EDIT: Used Gate's set

A team that is doing good in random battles, I have a 11-4 record so far, I need to start laddering now so I can face better teams and such.

I usually build on a basis of 2 Physical Attackers, 2 Special attackers, 1 Wall and 1 Utility.

Any and all critiques appreciated.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
now that i think of it

wouldn't it be better to run grass knot on borutorosu? grass/electric has pretty good neutral coverage and most ground types (especially leads) are heavy, meaning that grass knot will deal more damage

i'm going to try it out and see how it works, but i think it'll work better in the end

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Genosect:

1. Should be Hasty.
2. Only needs 236 SpA, as this gives him >500 SpA if you switch in and get a SpA boost from Download, more than enough to hit everything in the metagame hard.
3. Should run U-Turn instead of Bug Buzz both to give him an out, a physical move, a way to scout, and because Bug Buzz sucks.

Run this set instead of the one you have now.

Genosect @ Choice Scarf
Hasty
20 Atk/236 SpA/252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Wrath`

Smash Master
That Geno set looks good, i don't know too much on Dowloads boosts and such, but dang 500+ power? Yeah gonna switch that in.

As for the Grass Knot, I have been seeing more Fighting leads so far, maybe as I ladder GK will prove more useful, but for now I will stick with Psychic.

Top Bottom