• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

500,000 copies sold in one day (edit, read first post plz)

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
At this rate, brawl will beat Melee's six year long record in a matter of months.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
At this rate, brawl will beat Melee's six year long record by a large amount of months.
is that what you meant? if not then time paradox!

and if you meant sales wise...it will probably be quiker than that.

new info(hopefully) japan has officialy ran out of stock of brawl copies, sales wont resume until a month from now(in japan only, aka only their problem) so that nintendo can make more copies of brawl to appeas the masses.

I could be wrong, but I heard this from a friend and he is a credible source so I thought this miht be true and on topic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Brawl can't sell 40 million copies, there only around 20 million Wiis have been sold.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
but remember Wii out sold the 360 in console wise ages ago, regardless of halo, Brawl is a much bigger game and Halo is a dirty baby in a dipper compared to Brawl. What has Halo got that Brawl doesn't? The cheif, thats it, Brawl has WAY more than Halo 3 and is alot better. Halo is now dead, never to return as a first person shooter. Smash Bros will live on, for every home console nintendo made and will make a smash bros game will be born. The Halo series seemed rushed compared to Brawl

NukeA6

Smash Master
but remember Wii out sold the 360 in console wise ages ago, regardless of halo, Brawl is a much bigger game and Halo is a dirty baby in a dipper compared to Brawl. What has Halo got that Brawl doesn't? The cheif, thats it, Brawl has WAY more than Halo 3 and is alot better. Halo is now dead, never to return as a first person shooter. Smash Bros will live on, for every home console nintendo made and will make a smash bros game will be born. The Halo series seemed rushed compared to Brawl
Halo isn't dead. There will still be games for it. Multiplayer games.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't even bother to talk about Halo outside the Halo thread, SWF is the worst place for any game not on a Nintendo console. I bet if Halo was Wii exclusive people here would worship it just like Smash.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
I don't even bother to talk about Halo outside the Halo thread, SWF is the worst place for any game not on a Nintendo console. I bet if Halo was Wii exclusive people here would worship it just like Smash.
Unlikely, first person shooters just aren't as popular with the Nintendo crowd as with other console fans, never have been.

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
In Japan, Brawl sold over 500,000 units on launch day, 820,000 units in it's first week and about 1.2 million units total as of February 18, 2008. Brawl has officially set the record for the fastest selling Wii game!. Pure awesomeness! :)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
just to compare, how much did halo sell and how much did brawl sell in japan so far O.o

Top Bottom