• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 Kinds of Smashers You'll Most Likely Encounter

Being in the Smash Community long enough gets to you exposure to many different kinds of Smashers over time. But there's a good chance that you or someone you know will end up in one of these five categories of Smashers.

Take a look at this video and tell us what you think! Do you know these kind of Smashers? Are you one of these kind of Smashers? What other kinds of Smashers are there? Leave a comment and let us know!

Stephen "Omni" Silver

Comments

Low-tier mainer here. I use Marth. (obviously from my profile pic.) On the topic of turning a loss into a win, I would only think that when I use my losses to succeed like "Mango's anime plot armor" runs. Gotta hold that L and hold it well.
Marth is a Top/ High tier character in Melee

Or Cloud for that matter and he was here for at least half a year now never on previous titles! By the way HOW is ZSS top tier anyhow? Next to Rosalina she's the hardest character in the game to master because of her ridiculous speeds and aerials.

Or Cloud for that matter and he was here for at least half a year now never on previous titles! By the way HOW is ZSS top tier anyhow? Next to Rosalina she's the hardest character in the game to master because of her ridiculous speeds and aerials.
Fox is harder to play IMO. Everything for him is so fast it's hard to mentally keep up.

ZSS is top tier because she has such a high reward. She's a very high-risk character, but she can capitalize on mistakes so hard that she can win matches even if she loses in neutral more often.

That explains a lot of Nairo's dirt cheap wins I suppose. But I agree Fox is just too fast in melee to mentally keep up with let alone play as, Falco is another issue he's also ridiculous in speed.

That explains a lot of Nairo's dirt cheap wins I suppose. But I agree Fox is just too fast in melee to mentally keep up with let alone play as, Falco is another issue he's also ridiculous in speed.
When did we start talking about Melee? Fox is in Smash 4 too.

Watch Nairo. He wins because he's aware of ZSS's weaknesses and plays around them. ZSS's combo game basically only works when you commit to a combo starter or take a risk. Nairo mostly hangs back and walls out his opponent, maybe gets some small chip damage here and there until he gets a read that lets him dish out big boy damage.

Pick up ZSS, go to For Glory, and see how long it takes you to pull off that dthow>uair string>up-B kill combo. It's really hard, because even if your spacing and timing is perfect (which it'll need to be), DI can sometimes screw up the spacing enough to let the recipient get out of the up-B, or have it miss entirely.

Pretty much Ganondorf's level bad. It feels awsome taking a stock off of a High Tier with some cheap butt moves, and it feels almost like a victory for me.

When did we start talking brawl first melee now brawl jezz what's next the original? Falcon is bad in 4 too you know but not Ganon's level bad, it's just his speed that messes up anyone only began using him.

When did we start talking brawl first melee now brawl jezz what's next the original? Falcon is bad in 4 too you know but not Ganon's level bad, it's just his speed that messes up anyone only began using him.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ad71343f8ffe4995921f1fab59a2732aH0&ajaxhist=0 I was talking Brawl C. Falcon sir, not SSB4. And FYI, Captain Falcon in SSBB was Bottom Tier, below Ganondorf, at rock bottom for a good long while, I have almost two decades of SSB to my name, and I am not pulling this from nowhere, and I wish for there to be no cold feels towards each other. Good day to you.

Last edited:
Worse than GANONDORF just out of curiousity where did you get such preposterous information? I don't want any "cold feels" either but I have a feeling that isn't right. Mods can you help out please C. Falcon couldn't have been worse than Ganon in Brawl.

Last edited:
:4falcon::4ganondorf::falcon::ganondorf::falconmelee::ganondorfmelee:hes not considered worse NOW, I mean back then. I was saying I was a scoundrel for maining SSBB Captain Falcon because hes practically bottom tier "pretty much Ganondorf bad" that does not mean he is worse than Ganondorf. I mean, that I am the Low Mainer that Omni was talking about in a sense.

For Starters, Captain Falcon was consdered much worse than Ganondorf in the early days of SSBB, due to the lack of hit stun, allowng him to be "punished for punishing"
the momentum from his dashes did not boost his jump distance like it had in Melee, over all recovery sucked, attacks took to long with too little of a reward, was easy to ledge guard, and was hardly ever used.

Ganondorf was bad in the the meta game to, but he could Ganoncide, Launch further, and survive better than Captain Falcon could, with almost as good recovery, making him seem like the better option. It was not until much, much, later that people discovered that Captain Falcon was not quite as bad as initially believed, because after more usage, it was found that he could indeed combo to a greater extent then Ganondorf could, as his attacks were a bit faster, as well as his finishers and specials, such as the aerial Raptor Boost which did not sucide C. Falcon as Ganondorf's aerial side special did. these differences as well as a few others, allowed Captain Falcon to get higher than Ganondorf on the tier BUT only by a sword's edge.

Look man, I what I am talking about, I have been playing Brawl since it came out all those years ago and I myself main Captain Falcon, and have used Ganondorf in all of the Smash games he appears in, especially Melee. I am sorry if it STILL does not make sense to you, but I am done with this conversation. Sorry.

Ok if your that salty about the idea that Falcon was at first "Ganon level bad" then maybe I should try talking about something else for a change... let's see is there any other character (whatever tier from whatever game) you considered trying out and secretly need help with?

hue hue hue little one, I recon you do not play Brawl. because that is not how the tier works...
If I say that a character needs to be lower on the tier, that does not mean that I am bad and cannot play them well. If I had Brawl Online, I could show you how a real Falcon main plays ;)...

Last edited:
P.S. I did not make the tier for Brawl, believe me, I think Captain Falcon is waaay ahead of Ganondorf lol.

EDIT: I do not mean to seem salty. I apologize for my part in our argument, but I still hold to my beliefs. Let us just put this behind us and be friends

Last edited:
I actually played every Smash game in the series ( except for Project M cuz I have no idea how the hell I get it) A. B, exactly what I'm trying to do, put this argument behind us and start something new. And C, I'm only professional in 4 I'd say you might have a pretty good shot at beating the crap out of me if you had the chance. Let's try this again friend, is there any other character from any game in the series that you have considered trying or want to play as? :roll::pimp:

I have characters that I use for messing around in fights: Ike, King Dedede, Mario, and Toon Link. Captain Is the only character that I ever play now days when serious, and the Brawl Meta Knights are really annoying XD. Also, I am going out to play some Brawl at a big public place today with some friends. They say my Captain Falcon is quite...brutal lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom