• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 Kinds of Smashers You'll Most Likely Encounter

Being in the Smash Community long enough gets to you exposure to many different kinds of Smashers over time. But there's a good chance that you or someone you know will end up in one of these five categories of Smashers.

Take a look at this video and tell us what you think! Do you know these kind of Smashers? Are you one of these kind of Smashers? What other kinds of Smashers are there? Leave a comment and let us know!

Stephen "Omni" Silver

Comments

Sorta low tier mainer/DEFINITELY new main every week.

l swear to god, l put maybe 2 weeks into Shulk, now l'm looking at Diddy, and then l'm gonna think l should just play Corrin, so on and so forth. Life is hard for us.

I'll play one more game.....

...and then I'll play another....

I would be a low tier mainer since I'm pretty loyal to Link...but I also use Cloud and ZSS and know my way around a Sheik and Rosalina....

Last edited:
1 more game until 3 am. I main just 1 character but I switch my secondary all the time.

Hey, you forgot the cancerous FG memelord who watches a whole bunch of matches on Twitch and thinks that they're good because they see a lot of top-level matches and can keep a For Glory W/L ratio of just under 60%. Often, though not always, a fan of Undertale, though about half of them haven't played it, they've just watched a cancerous Let's Player do it.

Last edited:
Bit of a johner.

Does having medical issues that include on and off arthritis in the hands make it legit though? >_> <_<

(In seriousness I'd say about half of the time my medical issues are legit making things difficult for me, half of the time I just got slapped and I don't wanna admit it)

Low-tier mainer here, though not at my own fault. I'll always pick up Kirby regardless of where he is in any given Smash's tier list.

...Hence why I don't play Melee.

Being in the Smash Community long enough gets to you exposure to many different kinds of Smashers over time. But there's a good chance that you or someone you know will end up in one of these five categories of Smashers.

Take a look at this video and tell us what you think! Do you know these kind of Smashers? Are you one of these kind of Smashers? What other kinds of Smashers are there? Leave a comment and let us know!

Dang it man i'm a "New main every week-er" :(

Low-tier mainer here. I use Marth. (obviously from my profile pic.) On the topic of turning a loss into a win, I would only think that when I use my losses to succeed like "Mango's anime plot armor" runs. Gotta hold that L and hold it well.

The last point about morphing percent leads, taking stocks, etc. is true for me but not related to low tiers - related to player skill. If I play someone PR'ed or I know is better than me but I take a stock that's my main selling point.

If I ever play Omni ima use Kirby even tho I never played him before, act like a big shot when I take a stock, lose the match then john, and ask for one more game.

"banking on the fact that you have not encountered this character"
"hit you with a setup that only works one time"

Nothing ever works. :4zelda:

Not really any of these tbh. I would be a one more gamer but I have a limited time that I am allowed to play every day, sooo.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess I'm both the low tier (although not to the extension to how Omni describes them) and the "One more game" guy.

Also what about the kind of Smasher where you beat them several times, then the one time they beat you, they just leave the room after that.

I guess I'm both the low tier (although not to the extension to how Omni describes them) and the "One more game" guy.

Also what about the kind of Smasher where you beat them several times, then the one time they beat you, they just leave the room after that.
You mean the Dapper, Intelligent, and Cool Sources of gameplay? Or just DICS for short?

(Props if you know where l stole this joke)

You mean the Dapper, Intelligent, and Cool Sources of gameplay? Or just DICS for short?

(Props if you know where l stole this joke)
Hey now those guys are pro. They persevered through LOST of losses from poor rolling options and finally got a single win. They're good.

Hey, you forgot the cancerous FG memelord who watches a whole bunch of matches on Twitch and thinks that they're good because they see a lot of top-level matches and can keep a For Glory W/L ratio of just under 60%. Often, though not always, a fan of Undertale, though about half of them haven't played it, they've just watched a cancerous Let's Player do it.
im #triggered

Lmao at all of these people who are on this comment section saying that their main is a low tier when they're in fact not low tier. Lmao.

Lmao at all of these people who are on this comment section saying that their main is a low tier when they're in fact not low tier. Lmao.
While it may be true my mains from previous games are not low tier in the least, I primarily play Smash Wii U now, and my main is Jigglypuff, so... You're right. My main isn't "low tier", it's bottom tier.

Last edited:
but... people keep saying my Pally is low tier trash. I high disagree with that notion but I hear it everywhere.

Are THEY wrong? am I wrong? Is Rick Berman wrong? F*** YOU RICK BERMAN!

i main low tiers but i have my top teir trump card that im working on for about a month or too.
im also the smasher who beats vloggers who are all talk :4sonic::4samus:

Low Tier main and before that weekly character switcher. I hate to say it the low tier main description at least for me is pretty accurate. But I think it is less because I like doing well with a low character and more so I like seeing improvement in my own individual skill. I like visibly seeing that even if it is just doing a little better against someone that always beats me. Link and Marth always though.

I consider myself a character switcher but not on a weekly basis. And I'm also a sucker for being someone a one more gamer, but they're called comps for a reason what are ya gonna do? Why do I get the feeling there are more types of players out there tho I think something's missing here.

Top Bottom