• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th Generation (Pearl Diamond) Pokemon:Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In the 7th pokemon movie (about Deoxys and Rayquaza) a NEW pokemon was revealed! Info is from Serebii.net

Gombe
(It won't show the pic, but click the link to see it)
Known Details
Type: Normal
Evolution: Snorlax
Known Appearences: Movie 7: Visitor Of the Space Fissure
Known Traits: It is known to scrounge for food, even in Trash Cans

It has been confirmed that this does evolve into Snorlax.

Also!

LUCARIO:Wave-guiding pokemon.
Type: Steel/Fighting

Manula:Sharp Claw pokemon
Type: Ice/Dark (Most likely)
Evolves from Sneasel

Usohachii:Bonzai pokemon
Type: Rock (Most likely)
Evolves into Sudowoodo

Manene: Mime pokemon
Type: Unknown
Posible pre-evolution of Mr Mime

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Zootematix
:laugh:
*Doesmannerism* Anyway, Nin is going to announce a new poke game around the 18th of July. Unknown if it's going to be a new RPG, or a 3rd Gen Poke-Puzzle.
Once again, I am sorry.
*Doesmannerism*

Dunkle

Smash Rookie
Stolen Image

Hello I am new here and my only use for signing up for one reason: Someone stole information from Serebii.net. The person who posted the image probably stole the information and image. 1. If you go there look in the 4th generation section, look at one of the pictures, fimailiar yes? 2. Look at the pic., see the SPP? It stands for Serebii's Pokemon page. 3. The information is almost exact from the information at SPP. 4. Now there is a topic in our forums that the admin posted that new pokemon games will be released July 15-18, but also there is a site that says that but... Im sorry to acuse someone but alot of ppl at the forums icluding my self are upset because of the thought. Sorry to acuse but I feel I must.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Re: Stolen Image

Originally posted by Dunkle
Hello I am new here and my only use for signing up for one reason: Someone stole information from Serebii.net. The person who posted the image probably stole the information and image. 1. If you go there look in the 4th generation section, look at one of the pictures, fimailiar yes? 2. Look at the pic., see the SPP? It stands for Serebii's Pokemon page. 3. The information is almost exact from the information at SPP. 4. Now there is a topic in our forums that the admin posted that new pokemon games will be released July 15-18, but also there is a site that says that but... Im sorry to acuse someone but alot of ppl at the forums icluding my self are upset because of the thought. Sorry to acuse but I feel I must.
BOO. HOO.

He forgot to cite his source. Sue him. How else is he supposed to display the image?

Serebii.net is ******** anyways for not allowing hotlinking.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Originally posted by Dunkle
Thanks for your concern. But there a few things I find interesting about "the forums" that you reference in your post that I find necessary to address and correct.

One, understand that this is also a message board, and perhaps unlike yours, the moderators and administrators do not actively monitor every post to such an extent that any content within any given post can be considered an endorsement by the administrators. Thus the characterization held by some on said forums that "they" are evil people whose only intention to steal is quite off base, as we receive literally hundreds of posts every day and only one member was involved in the posting of this image. This is by no means reason to conclude that every member, or every moderator, or every administrator on this site has a grudge against your site.

Two, it should be noted that had I personally even seen this image prior to learning its association, to think that adding the text "SPP" to an image equates it with your site is somewhat humorous, as SPP is not a trademark, logo, or other identifiable mark to anyone other than those who already know of your site's existence. If the image in dispute were in the public domain, for instance, your claims of theft would be invalid for the above reasons. It's worth noting that broadcast stations often append their logos to broadcasts so that reproduction of content that belongs in the public domain is less easily achieved, because such reproduction would also include the logo of the broadcasting company, an image that remains under copyright. That said, I do not believe this image is in the public domain and thus do not believe that these principles apply, but as a matter of practice it would be advisable to us a more identifiable image.

Finally, as I have already mentioned this image was posted by one user on a public forum, and thus it is silly to make the representation of one forum member on your site that "Thier (sic) just jealus (sic) becouse (sic) SPP is #1!" While this contention would be valid if the image in question were posted on a website by an editor that was also related to Pokémon (assuming the statement "SPP is #1" is true), this does not apply here as (1) this is a public forum, and the image was posted by a user, and (2) this site is not in direct competition with your site, as this site is about Super Smash Brothers. Thus you may rest assured that jealousy on the part of members of this site plays no role in any alleged theft.

I thank you for your time. If you would like to forward this message to your fellow members on your forum, feel free to do so. If you care to continue this discussion, I would only ask that you not do so in this topic as it is a discussion topic, but rather do so over PMs or instant messaging. You may find my contact information in my profile.

Kirby King, Administrator
Smash World Forums

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks guys, but he has a point. I should have mentioned where I got the info from. So, I GOT IT FROM SEREBII.NET! Happy? Good.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
This is reminding me of the RPGwh forum war. Which is reminding me of my craxx0ring days...long gone. *shudder*

I'm not a criminal.
I don't hold grudges.
I think snorlax is cool. The greasy preevo is lame though. I will buy the new game and breed one so that I can shoot the screen with a gun while it is displayed.

Burn the remains, liquify the ashes, beat the remains into putty, smash the putty to bits, cut the bits into crumbs, and eat that stupid gombe. Then poop it out. Then flush it. Then blow up my toilet.

DeathHandMewtwo

Smash Cadet
About the subject of too many Pocket Monsters...

Satoshi Tajiri originally made over 1000 Pocket Monsters....so there will be many more where that came from. :p

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I too saw this.....what a disgrace!

Ok, ok so it's not an absolute disgrace, but COME ON!!!!! Snorlax doesn't need a dang evolution! He's quite powerful as he is...I can just about imagine, he's probably going to have HP close to that of Chansey and attack close to that of Salamence! I could be totally wrong, but.....my word! as for there being a 4th generation.....I'm getting sick of all the games coming out so close together, it has hardly been over a year since the newest one came out.....what next?

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Man looks like they ran outa ideas, that Pokecrap...er Pokemon looks ********. What next? A Pokemon that looks like a toaster?! And yeah there are too many Pokemon already, I hope this is the last generation they release. We (or at least I) don't want more Pokemon, we want a game in which we can capture them ALL! No more "trade to catch them all" crap! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But what about the money?

Zap: I can se you love pokemon. And Toilets.;)
EDIT:
That's exactly why R/S bombed
It didn't bomb. Over a million sold in Japan alone? That's no bomb.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Snorlaxitive!

All of this Pokemon is just too much...

Okay, I get the idea that nobody likes this little guy (I'm not too crazy either..) but you have to think about it...

(The positives)

Can you imagine a Level 5 baby Snorlax hatching from an egg? You could, but it's awfully hard. Gonbe is just here to clear up any confusion with breeding and whatnot. Plus, if there is another Pokemon Stadium with the Little cup challenge, you could now use Gonbe, the kin to one of the most powerful Pokemon!

Or not...

(The Negatives)

Pretty much ALL of the baby Pokemon were just filler. Honestly, I think that the only Pokemon that should get an pre-evolution are ones that don't evolve at all. (Like: Lickitung, Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Dunsparce. etc.) We didn't really NEED a Pichu or Igglybuff or anything like that, the older basic stages were better.

And IMO: Azurill was the WORST idea ever! :grrr: That little turd can rot in the bowels of heck!

Since Snorlax didn't have any evolutions, Gonbe seems less pointless than say... Cleffa...

Offtopic:

I'm getting sick of all the games coming out so close together, it has hardly been over a year since the newest one came out.....
Yup. It feels like yesterday that Nintendo released Wailmer...

We (or at least I) don't want more Pokemon, we want a game in which we can capture them ALL! No more "trade to catch them all" crap!
That's exactly why R/S bombed. I swear, Nintendo is being too greedy with it's Pokemon franchise. There's no way that I'm buying an E-Reader, E-Reader cards, Pokemon Saphirre, Pokemon Collesium, AND Pokemon FR/LG just to "Catch 'em all"! It's just moronic...

Serebii.net is ******** anyways for not allowing hotlinking.
Yeah. Where else am I going to get one of those winking Electrodes? :confused:

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I will probably, however, get Fr or Lg, just from the fact, I loved the originals, they were the best! Besides it's the only way to get my fav. Poke'mon: Mewtwo! I also like the new rainbow islands, seeing as you can get Lugia and Ho-oh (with aurora ticket) and Deoxys (with mystery ticket).....unfortunately, it's a nystery on how to get the 2 tickets, either a promotion or another NP e-reader card give away.....which...........SUCKS!!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You have it mixed around. You need the mystery ticket to get Lugia and Ho-oh, and The Auroa ticket to get Deoxys. Mystery Ticket is available in a *** promo and the other should be available IN GAME! So....yeh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Whoops double post. Anyway, I was visiting SEREBII.NET and found this little tidbit. A new poke name has been revieled. Koitsu. It's name means "That guy". It's rumored to be a watertype.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Oops

Sorry, I did get them mixed up mic....can't believe it, considering Deoxys is one of my favorite Poke'mon. It is currently unown (bad pun) on how to get the 2 tickets in America, it's probably a promotion like you said.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Oh man.

The Pokemon franchise is going to die. The idiots deciding to do these things are not very smart. They should know that people don't want more Pokemon, they just want more different ways to play with them. And have you seen the quality of the latest tv show episodes? The quality is now crap. I could write better scripts and animate better in my sleep.

Their strategy of making different versions of the same game (and repeating the same thing in every tv show episode) was bland from the start.

It was fun back in the days of Venomoth, Vileplume, Arcanine, and the introductions to Donphan, Marill, and Togepi.

Nowadays, it's just stupid. Kecleon was stupid. Gombe is stupid. The new Pokemon are just dumb.

And if they decide to make a Pokemon more powerful than Mewtwo, they deserve to die!!

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Hmmmm, words of wisdom..lol

I totally agree, I do not watch the TV show anymore, but....it sounds like I haven't missed much! I mean, it's alright to come out with more games, but they're too close together, and like you said, we want more ways to play w/ Poke'mon not tons of new ones! I to miss the days of R/B/Y days...I liked G/S, but that's when things started to crumble.....and very quickly too! We want new moves, traits, etc. I to agree that the franchise is going to die, which is a sad thing, and it probably won't be too much longer before it will.

Originally posted by choknater
And if they decide to make a Pokemon more powerful than Mewtwo, they deserve to die!!
I totally agree, they were REALLY pushing the envelop with the new offensive form of Deoxys, REALLY pushing it! I'm afraid they probably will though....and that day, is the day that TRUE Poke'mon dies. Actually...I just checked the Fire Red Deoxys again, and there has been some debate, but the offensive form of Deoxys just might topple Mewtwo as king, which ticks me off!!! In case you wondering, Fire Red Deoxys beats Slaking and Mewtwo in attack, and spec. attack respectively! Man, that's cheap! Here's his stats

Deoxys (FR form)
HP: 50
Att: 180
def: 20
speed: 150
spec. att: 180
Spec. def. 20

as you can see, one hit and the guys screwed, but since only 1 Poke'mon is guranteed faster than him...he can easily sweep entire teams. On battle sites he's been dubbed "Cheapest Poke'mon Ever."

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Who can see people with both Mewtwo and Deoxys in their party? *Sees thousands of hands raised*

Sigh.........

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
lol!!

Originally posted by mic_128
Who can see people with both Mewtwo and Deoxys in their party? *Sees thousands of hands raised*

Sigh.........
I totally know what you mean, it seems 00ber usage is on the rise these days.....but I prefer to see more of them, (although having a team of 4-6 of them is pathetically n00bish) seeing as I like them, but I only try to have 1 on my team, especially if it's Deoxys, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, or Ky00ber.

As a side note: Although some teams have tons of 00bers, they still lose. For example: There was this one team that had: Dragonite, Tyrantitar, Groudon, Mewtwo, Lugia, and Rayquazza; I beat his team quite easily, and I only had 1 legendary, Fire Red Deoxys, and he wasn't what contributed to winning either, it was my umbreon! He totally pwned this guy's team!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Cool. I have something like that with 00bers. I vs a guy who has Gorudon, Latios AND Rayquaza in their party, with only my Latias. I need a new team....*Goes off and trains a wurmple*

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
WOW!

Cool. I have something like that with 00bers. I vs a guy who has Gorudon, Latios AND Rayquaza in their party, with only my Latias. I need a new team....*Goes off and trains a wurmple*
Some one who sees with me eye to eye on 00bers! That's a rare thing indeed. I just like them b/c they look cool, and add a nice boost to your team. Btw Mic, do you have an all lv. 100 team? I do, but I'm sorry to say....it's made of of 3 00bers. It has Shedinja, Salamence, (he's almost lv. 100, I'm working on him now.) Metagross, Latios, Rayquazza, and Kyogre. I really need to find 2 other pokes to raise in place of Rayquazza and Kyogre, but for now that's my level 100 team. Maybe I need to work on my Castform and Sceptile....hmmm?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shedinja's an 00ber? I have 2 then. I like the whole "Ledgends" thing. The pokes also look cool, but....I just like the onnes that have been with me since the start. That may explain my current suckyness.

I have a level 100 Plusle and Roselia. Kill me

And mine are all lev 100.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Oops....I need to clarify..heh heh!

Shedinja is not an 00ber, he's far from that! I meant the 3 00bers as: Kyogre, Rayquazza, and Latios (depends on if it has soul dew or not....mine does.....so it's an 00ber....if it doesn't, it's just a strong legendary.) You also have a Shedinja? Don't you love how unique he is? (besides having 1HP of course....) Roselia and Plusle? Roselia is pretty good, I don't see anything wrong with that....Plusle? I would raise a lv. 100 Plusle, but not without a Minun....so I'm not going to kill you for that one either, I mean, we all have Poke's that we like that other people consider "weak". I often think back to what Lorelei (spelling?) said in the AWESOME days of R/B/Y: "Strong Poke'mon, weak Poke'mon, it's the only selfish perception of people, truly skilled trainers should win with their favorites." I always wanted a lv. 100 unown, and with Fr/Lg coming out, I'll try to raise a psychic Hidden powering (w/ a base damage of 70) unown, then I'll give it choice band....and since it only has 1 move, it's not going to matter!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ooohh.....nice idea! What unown though?
Roslea can get 1hKo'd by earthquake, and 2 of the pokes do that so....Plusle is also not great due to none being weak to electic. The only use he gets is Fake Tears, and if he survives another turn, thunderwave.
"Strong Poke'mon, weak Poke'mon, it's the only selfish perception of people, truly skilled trainers should win with their favorites."
Should win. But they don't. It also doesn't help if their favorites are 00bers.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Ooohh.....nice idea! What unown though?
Roslea can get 1hKo'd by earthquake, and 2 of the pokes do that so....Plusle is also not great due to none being weak to electic. The only use he gets is Fake Tears, and if he survives another turn, thunderwave.

Should win. But they don't. It also doesn't help if their favorites are 00bers.
Yeah, especially if they're 00bers! Heh heh! What type of unown? I was thinking a modest nature unown with EVs maxed out in Spec. att, as for the other 258 EVs, I don't know.....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I actually just meant letter.....I have a feeling the other topic is heading for closure, so that gives me an Idea.....

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Yep.

I actually just meant letter.....I have a feeling the other topic is heading for closure, so that gives me an Idea.....
I have that feeling too...too bad! What letter? Well Probably either the "!" one or the "?" one, it'll probably end up being the "?" one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
! or M for me! If there were numbers, I'd train a team of unowns to spell mic128. Or was it too obvious?
I might grab some of my pokes in collousieum for my team. Shame I can't trade yet...

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Really?

I'm shocked that being a Poke' fan as you are, you can't trade yet....it's also coincidental, for even being a Poke'mon fan as myself, I to am not able to trade yet....I need to defeat the "Elite 4" of Colosseum yet....(I'm currently on the 82nd Mt. Battle in story mode....and I'm not quitting until I get 100!) Heh, spell Mic128 eh? I could spell my REAL name with unown, and it'd come out exactly too!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's only because I got it on thursday, had homework, and my brother is playing it. I am shocked. My bro thinks pokes sucks, but is actually enjoying the game.
*Spells name* Dang. One letter off. Have you got all the pokes in it? (Obviously not
Ho-oh,
) but the others?

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I see

It's only because I got it on thursday, had homework, and my brother is playing it. I am shocked. My bro thinks pokes sucks, but is actually enjoying the game.
*Spells name* Dang. One letter off. Have you got all the pokes in it? (Obviously not
Ho-oh,
) but the others?
Heh, all my work is homework.....because I'm homeschooled! Hurray! I don't have any siblings either *Thanks the Lord* but that in itself can be an advantage and disadvantage, I mean it's pretty lonely as an only child some times! All the pokes? Nope, I missed a few, and I need to find out where to get the "pick-and-choose" pokes again...I heard it was at the Colosseums in story mode....well....I doubt I'll post again (for tonight)...although I'd love to....it's 12:12 PM here in the Eastern time zone....and I'm tired! Heh heh (besides...I've gotta work on my 4-H project toomorrow...:rolleyes: :eek: Oh, well....)

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
*cough*Nerds!*cough*

Ok, if you're through with your private chat...

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say that there are too many pokeys. We get it- Tajiri loves his babies! This is my idea of what they should have done if they must get them all out:

Cram all of them into the same game (or two games with half/half) and you can chose to take them in sets. Catching a certain amount opens an new land. But that's only in a perfect world. Of course, the game pack would need tons of memory. And Nintendo obviously loves its money, so might as well charge 30 bucks for the same basic game formula over and over. Heh, and why buy Colosseum when I can borrow it from a friend? Not like I really care about the stadium part; I just loved GSC and old skool legendaries are kickarse.

Also:
Originally posted by Kirby King
A whole bunch of manly stuff.
I've never seen you so... so... sexy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok, Gombe's name is going to be MUNCHLAX and is most likely going to be in the NEW RPG announced called Diamond (great...) and Pearl. I sence they're running out of names...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom