• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 4BR Social

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Aw no two purple banners :(
Not with that attitude :p.

Hope everyone is settling in well. If anyone wants to make any threads, go ahead. Camalange Camalange TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder and I are currently working on getting more off site top players contacted, as well as TO's and personalities, so until then things will be a bit quiet as we finish sorting out the initial 4BR before proceeding with a few things. When some of the major projects begin we'll make sure everyone is tagged and made aware.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've recently upgraded my internet, and I'm waiting for the adapter for a wired connection. I'm excited to potentially have online matches worth learning from, and this group seems like a fine opportunity for it, heh. Teach me something new.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've laid back on the wifi recently, because it was affecting my offline play, especially with Fox. It throws off any sort of precision or timing I have ;/. I can definitely try to get a wired adaptor and give it another go though.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just putting it out there ahead of time: when eventually we get to the tier list project I'd like to make sure as many people as possible have actual Robin experience. I don't want to see any crazy talk like saying Robin's bottom 10 or even bottom 15. The buffs in August changed a LOT. (My personal opinion is Robin falls somwhere in the 15-22 range)

So if you haven't played a good one and would like to, please contact me.
:4robinm: is bad LMFAO.

:018:

istudying

Smash Lord
I've laid back on the wifi recently, because it was affecting my offline play, especially with Fox. It throws off any sort of precision or timing I have ;/. I can definitely try to get a wired adaptor and give it another go though.
I have been using a wired adaptor, but you will still suffer from input lag.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can only play online for so long before it drives me insane. I never rage irl but something about netplay, man... Oh yeah, it's the lag. Just gets under my skin.
Not with that attitude :p.

Hope everyone is settling in well. If anyone wants to make any threads, go ahead. Camalange Camalange TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder and I are currently working on getting more off site top players contacted, as well as TO's and personalities, so until then things will be a bit quiet as we finish sorting out the initial 4BR before proceeding with a few things. When some of the major projects begin we'll make sure everyone is tagged and made aware.
^ Well said.

:093:

M@v

Subarashii!
So, I figured this would be a good place to ask this. I know there are quite a few people back here who are sponsored (Congrats to all of you by the way!). How did you go about being sponsored? Did sponsors reach out to you? Were you guys proactive about it and hunt down sponsors? I really want to try to make a push to get sponsored, and want to know the best way to go about it (besides having the placings of course). I know streaming/being active on social media and in community related sites are pluses.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So, I figured this would be a good place to ask this. I know there are quite a few people back here who are sponsored (Congrats to all of you by the way!). How did you go about being sponsored? Did sponsors reach out to you? Were you guys proactive about it and hunt down sponsors? I really want to try to make a push to get sponsored, and want to know the best way to go about it (besides having the placings of course). I know streaming/being active on social media and in community related sites are pluses.
Zankoku Zankoku can explain why he decided to sponsor me. I didn't really do anything special on my end other than be close friends with him and play an obscure character and do well in region & decently at EVO.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, it was pretty much a combination of being friends with him and seeing him put up strong results. That he played an underused character and comes from a region that doesn't get much public awareness (who pays attention to Nova Scotia?) sorta counted as bonuses.

I believe, outside of strong tournament performance, having good social media presence and/or getting in contact with the actual sponsor are the best approaches to it all, but I dunno. Part of it is what you can provide to the sponsor (for a team, getting attention from other potential sponsors; for a company sponsor, getting attention among potential consumers of the product), and part of it is how much they think you'll be seen in the future.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm actually taking steps to try and make a name for myself soon, so I'm hoping to pull some people in the near future, too.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, my big thing is although my region is starting to prosper and we are getting consistent 50+ person bi-weeklies, there are not a lot of large tourneys that happen in the Midwest (West PA/Ohio/Michigan), with the exception being Big House for our National, and Shuffle for the Super Regional. I only work four days a week, being off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So I definitely have the time to travel outside my region to attend events. That's where a sponsor can help me; with funding to make it to more large events outside of the 3 maybe 4 I'm able to pull off myself each year (and one of those is Big house, being 4 hours away driving). And of course, I'd be giving 110% of my effort in exchange, as any sponsored player should.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
From what I know, it's a strong social media presence, and having either a good personality or good placements. If you're #1 with 4 Twitter followers, you're probably not getting sponsored...
Then there are people like CherubiKnight from SFL who is absolutely terrible, but his fans LOVE him.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Get guys! It's awesome to be back here! Work has kept me insanely busy lately, but I've been scanning this sub forum and will launch my responses sometime this week.

Really looking forward to digging in together!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've just gotten off of working 8-6:30 every weekday just recently ever since the summer down to 4:30 to 5. I may be able to practice a bit now? =)

Only large scene nearby is Ontario, but all communications are turned off after crossing the border..

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
^But wifi...bleeehhhh. I'd be the first one grinding on wifi if it didn't force me to change my playstyle with like everyone I use except Falco.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I feel ya, M@v. I play wifi with a character whose hitboxes last for exactly 1 frame. My character playstyle goes from Bait & Punish to Bait & Pray.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I feel ya, M@v. I play wifi with a character whose hitboxes last for exactly 1 frame. My character playstyle goes from Bait & Punish to Bait & Pray.
I prefer the Pray & Curse strategy myself. Of course as Dabuz can tell anyone, my internet is the bad legends are made of.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've just gotten off of working 8-6:30 every weekday just recently ever since the summer down to 4:30 to 5. I may be able to practice a bit now? =)

Only large scene nearby is Ontario, but all communications are turned off after crossing the border..
My girlfriend is actually from Rochester. I will be up there this Christmas for about a week. :)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I don't mind practicing online with you TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder . Hopefully between the two of us, we can make our connections pretty stable, since I too use a wired connection. Most of the time, I am available during the evenings anytime from 6 to 11 pm CST.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm looking for a team mate for Genesis 3. I figured this would be a good place to ask :)

I'm looking to make a top 8 run. Got 17th in teams with BoScotty at Big House; we could of did even better if we didn't spend the first half of the event figuring out our best character combo <.<

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hey guys, I'm currently finishing up the November State of Smash 4 for publication later this week; as part of it I wanted to get a few words from you guys about tournament experiences.

If you've participated in one of the following events in the past month and would like to have a statement of yours published in the article, feel free to respond. If I get multiple responses I'll probably include them all.

This month's covered events include:
  • Tipped Off 11
  • iBUYPOWER eSports Day
  • KTAR XIV
  • Umebura Niconico Eastern Qualifiers (though I'm fairly sure none of you actually attended this one)
Please provide a 300-500 character statement on your experience in this tournament. I want to publish November's edition on Thursday, December 3rd in the evening, so if you could respond in due time, it would be much appreciated.

Trela

Smash Lord
Sup everyone! Great to be with you all :)

Looking forward to all the projects we'll be working on together!

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. Since it looks like I'm the only one repping some okay-ish i guess maybe TL info, excited to work with everyone :)

Also always down to play wifi and show people the wonders, the technology, the future, the witchcraft, and the sadness of TL!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey guys. Since it looks like I'm the only one repping some okay-ish i guess maybe TL info, excited to work with everyone :)

Also always down to play wifi and show people the wonders, the technology, the future, the witchcraft, and the sadness of TL!
Especially the sadness, right?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'd like Kidd Zeal.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I wanted Lloyd Irving, but not nearly as badly as I want KING MICKEY.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Klonoa.

The dream (traveller).

:093:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm kind of boring, I just want the stereotypical conservative characters like Wolf. Honestly I kind of just want the game to be finished already. Hanging out in the hype threads for the past 4+ years has taken a toll on me. lol

That said, I think it'd be fun if one of the early projects the BR could do would be putting out a first impressions article in regards to the final patches/Cloud.

M@v

Subarashii!
I want Wolf back because he never should of been removed in the first place. I'd rather have him than Falco. As for me, my random unlikely characters I'd love to see would be Geno, Sora, and Zero (The megaman Zero version; much easier to make a moveset).

As for 1st party, I'd play the hell out of Zant, and I was a sad Panda when Ghirahim was shown as an assist trophy.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm really excited for Cloud. Complicated zoning characters are pretty much my goto characters in any fighting game, and between his massive sword, his projectile, and the limit mechanics, that's what I'm expecting him to be.

I don't really care who the other characters are as characters; I just want them to play well. The DLC characters so far have been disappointing to me since 3/4 of them (Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy) are just not very dynamic characters, and while Ryu is very dynamic, I just can't get behind my movement inputs forcing me to do unwanted specials if I'm not careful so the character is not for me at all (I'm just too stubborn to c-stick all aerials). If we get a few whose playstyles strike me as interesting, that would be a big bonus for me.

What I'm more interesting in in this direct is what else we'll see. Think about it; a character trailer is only about 3 minutes, and we've already seen Cloud's. If the direct is going to be 20 minutes long (reasonable guess on time), they need at least 10 more minutes of content to fill it; they surely must have other things to discuss whether it's talk about future plans for balance patches, a new mode or feature, official Nintendo activities related to smash, or anything else like that. I really don't know what this will be or even have a guess, but I have a feeling it will be something, and I'm really more interested in whatever non-character things they have to tell us than anything else.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Alright first time posting here. Y'all see my username and should recognize me from Brawl (2nd best Snake ayyy), but I've been going by GrimTurtle since this game has released. I just got done with finals so I should be more active in sifting through this backroom.

Also, I don't know where to put this question nor do I want to make a thread just yet, but 3 stocks should be discussed at length for a viable future in this game's ruleset. Large portions of Texas use this and it has worked out greatly. Much more satisfying than 2. TGC (largest TX tournament ever) just happened with 240 singles, 80 teams, on site registration and finished by 12:30 am or so. Could have gone faster too. Top players Like Dabuz, Void, Zenyou, Ryo, etc were there and can speak to the experience

Lastly, I'll be getting Xenoblade for the Wii U. I hear its goat. And Snake DLC pls. And how can I have "Wii U Backroomer" under my avatar???

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Alright first time posting here. Y'all see my username and should recognize me from Brawl (2nd best Snake ayyy), but I've been going by GrimTurtle since this game has released. I just got done with finals so I should be more active in sifting through this backroom.

Also, I don't know where to put this question nor do I want to make a thread just yet, but 3 stocks should be discussed at length for a viable future in this game's ruleset. Large portions of Texas use this and it has worked out greatly. Much more satisfying than 2. TGC (largest TX tournament ever) just happened with 240 singles, 80 teams, on site registration and finished by 12:30 am or so. Could have gone faster too. Top players Like Dabuz, Void, Zenyou, Ryo, etc were there and can speak to the experience

Lastly, I'll be getting Xenoblade for the Wii U. I hear its goat. And Snake DLC pls. And how can I have "Wii U Backroomer" under my avatar???
1. Click your avatar.
2. Click Preferences.
3. Next to Ribbon, select Wii U Backroomer.
4. Saints >>> Texans

Top Bottom