• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4BR Podcast. Anyone interested?

PND

Smash Champion
Basically, I'm interested in setting up a weekly / bi weekly skype-based podcast where we talk about tournaments, rules, what's going on in the Back Room, state of the metagame, etc.

I know it's been discussed a couple times before, but I'd be interested in taking point on this venture and getting it happening.

----
What I have: A full stream set up, audio equipment, etc., and the programs to mix everything together. I plan on starting as a podcast, but am looking into the potential of evolving into a stream-based talk show as we grow. National scale TO experience in Canada (Head of Smash for Canada Cup, Nexus, Capital City Smash. Assistant TO for GOML). Casting experience.

What you need: A decent to high quality microphone (Blue Yeti, etc), skype, a quiet environment, the drive to promote the smash 4 scene and the 4BR. Connections with the competitive community are definitely an asset.
----

Topics I want to discuss:
Upcoming tournaments (Big House, Canada Cup, etc), the state of the ruleset across the different Smash 4 communities, Mii legality. Feel free to pitch ideas for conversation.

I'm estimating each episode will run one to two hours. Voices from different areas of the community are very welcome. (Different regions, players vs TO's, etc.) Ideally, we want to spark lively, respectful debate. We want to accurately represent both sides of each debate.

Eventually, I'd like to also add a section where we address questions and comments from the community.

----

Anyone interested? Anyone have any ideas, concerns, questions?

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
I think it's a neat idea, helps us gain exposure and reach out to the community more.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm definitely interested in this. I think the only thing inhibiting me is the microphone, but I can look into that.
In case you wanted to test the quality, my skype is Puffball64.

It's an older account. :( :applejack:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I think it would be more convenient to use Discord.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
First thought: This reminds me a lot of Smogon podcasts. I have no impression about those except that what I watched was very boring.

I will note I think if a podcast was to be done, Discord would be better.

I think the main issue with doing a podcast right now is we haven't really had much discussion in the back room itself. So there's not much to talk about ...

I also state it shouldn't be a place to host a live debate about rulesets. It's a back room podcast, so should focus on reflecting the opinions of the back room as a whole, not the live opinions of the people in the podcast. Think of it, if the back room podcast was really just a debate about rulesets between a few individuals, wouldn't that kind of reveal how unorganized the back room is and how little we have talked about things?

The podcast's purpose would need to be to touch over some of the different points that have been made in the back room already. But... again... there's not much to talk about.

I don't think a podcast would be a good idea in all honesty. We don't have much to talk about. I don't see how we could possible fill an hour or two, and do that on a repeated basis.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I be down for it.

As for topics really gotta think out of the box and do it in the sense of how Tafo does his Vlogs and such.

He has a lot of different ideas and topics, we can easily come up with ones on our own.

Top Bottom