• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

44% damage combo, 2 moves - Da heck is this Monkey?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I was labbin DK, for no good reason (I don't use him, was just messin around)

And I found out that cargo upthrow to up B, at 0% (or, low %s) creates a combo that can potentially do 44%

That means that, with one more cargo upthrow to upair, that's 67%

2 grabs, and you're 10% away from that character being at kill %s from a cargo upthrow upair

da heck yo?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
yes but up b leaves you completely vulnerable so it can't be done when DK is at high percents or it means death.
Also any character that has moves that push DK without giving him his up b back means certain death at any percent.

Yeah 2 moves doing that much damage seems OP but you gotta think about how much DK takes when he lands.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I was labbin DK, for no good reason (I don't use him, was just messin around)

And I found out that cargo upthrow to up B, at 0% (or, low %s) creates a combo that can potentially do 44%

That means that, with one more cargo upthrow to upair, that's 67%

2 grabs, and you're 10% away from that character being at kill %s from a cargo upthrow upair

da heck yo?
Lol. When I got the notification that a thread has been made with this name I was like 99% sure it'd be a troll thread full of salt. Then I see the OP is a mod :rotfl:. A pleasant surprise, no doubt.

Regardless, I'm just gonna say that Cargo Utoss > Up B has been a thing since release (1.0) and DK's Up B has been doing 36% since Melee. Also if you are really on point you can do Utoss > Bair > Up B or Utoss > Nair > Up B for even more damage. What people don't realize is that %'s all these combos work at are very character and rage specific, leave you open to punishment afterwards, and can be DI'd to make most or all of the Up B whiff.

I'd trade all these combos for Uair x n > Boost Kick, Luma Uair, Sheik Fair, or Flip Jump. Good luck getting grabs on characters that are actually top tier tourney threats like Sheik, ZSS, and Rosa.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
yes but up b leaves you completely vulnerable so it can't be done when DK is at high percents or it means death.
Also any character that has moves that push DK without giving him his up b back means certain death at any percent.

Yeah 2 moves doing that much damage seems OP but you gotta think about how much DK takes when he lands.
Lmao, I guess that's true. Tho nothin will really trade with 44% damage xD SO if hes not at kill %s (say, start of a match) its great :D
Lol. When I got the notification that a thread has been made with this name I was like 99% sure it'd be a troll thread full of salt. Then I see the OP is a mod :rotfl:. A pleasant surprise, no doubt.

Regardless, I'm just gonna say that Cargo Utoss > Up B has been a thing since release (1.0) and DK's Up B has been doing 36% since Melee. Also if you are really on point you can do Utoss > Bair > Up B or Utoss > Nair > Up B for even more damage. What people don't realize is that %'s all these combos work at are very character and rage specific, leave you open to punishment afterwards, and can be DI'd to make most or all of the Up B to whiff.

I'd trade all these combos for Uair x n > Boost Kick, Luma Uair, Sheik Fair, or Flip Jump. Good luck getting grabs on characters that are actually top tier tourney threats like Sheik, ZSS, and Rosa.
I actually love fighting DKs, idk why xD so no salt on my end~

Even if he has so much power (albeit, as told to me by a DK main who's my buddy, not as much power as someone his size and speed should have)

However, since smash DI is so miniscule in this game compared to previous smash games, I'd imagine opening up with this would be good? :3

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lmao, I guess that's true. Tho nothin will really trade with 44% damage xD SO if hes not at kill %s (say, start of a match) its great :D

I actually love fighting DKs, idk why xD so no salt on my end~

Even if he has so much power (albeit, as told to me by a DK main who's my buddy, not as much power as someone his size and speed should have)

However, since smash DI is so miniscule in this game compared to previous smash games, I'd imagine opening up with this would be good? :3
Ya DK is probably universally agreed upon to be one of the most fun characters. He's not as strong as you'd expect him to be, but then again he's also way faster than you'd expect him to be. If you can consistently get away with grab combos like Utoss > Up B, you should probably keep doing them. No one can really trade favorably outside of KO setups.

I know you weren't being srs or salty, so it's cool. I am kind of expecting this thread to attract some qq, but maybe that will spark some actual conversations on these boards lol.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ya DK is probably universally agreed upon to be one of the most fun characters. He's not as strong as you'd expect him to be, but then again he's also way faster than you'd expect him to be. If you can consistently get away with grab combos like Utoss > Up B, you should probably keep doing them. No one can really trade favorably without outside of KO setups.

I know you weren't being srs or salty, so it's cool. I am kind of expecting this thread to attract some qq, but maybe that will spark some actual conversations on these boards lol.
When I first learned DK could double bair off short hop I was like "nuh-uh, u kiddin me son"

He wasn't.

Same friend also just told me he did cargo upthrow, bair bair up B to drag a falco away, and he never even got a chance to come back

Screw ZSS' up air upair up B o3o

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
When I first learned DK could double bair off short hop I was like "nuh-uh, u kiddin me son"

He wasn't.

Same friend also just told me he did cargo upthrow, bair bair up B to drag a falco away, and he never even got a chance to come back

Screw ZSS' up air upair up B o3o
Ya that Melee tech, reincarnated in Smash 4.

Big O's a bit too godlike for his own well being
Lol, thanks I guess. Maybe I will be someday. For now, I just hope I do well at Paragon. Gotta grind out some MU's, lab out some new setups/combos, and practice my tech skill. Ik I have a lot to improve on. It's been a while since my last tourney, but I am looking forward to that.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Are we talking about the ground or aerial version of Up-B? Or does it matter?

Last edited:
Top Bottom