• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/16/11 CPR2: Resuscitating Da Metagame ft GDX/Trump/Ryder/Kyon/Dtorr/2djeff & DDD^_^

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
First the most important thing, Gallax is banned

Welcome to CFL's brand new venue CPR Gaming right in the heart of Orlando near the venue for FAST1,

CPR2: Resuscitating the Metagame

Date: Saturday April 16 2011

Time: Venue opens @ 10am sign up starts @ 12 for MvC3/Brawl friendlies will be played the whole day as long as no tourney matches need to be played.

Brawl doubles: 1:00

Please bring TVs & Wiis unless you want to be here until 5am Sunday morning ^_^

Brawl Singles: 3:00 No earlier

Friendlies all in between

Brawl Payments

Door Fee: 5 or 3 bucks pretty sure its 3 though

Doubles: $10 ($5 dollars per person)

Singles: $5

Payout will probably go to top 3 or 4 percentages will be discussed based on attendance.

Gallax I love you but your banned from entering the tourney not from attending lol

Brawl:

METAKNIGHT CANNOT COUNTERPICK IF THE PLAYER IS PLAYING MK HE FORFEITS HIS COUNTERPICK TO THE OTHER PLAYER. NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE SORRY/THE CG RULE STANDS AS WELL (IT ALSO APPLIES TO SHIEKS TILT LOCK ON SPACIES) 3 THEN RELEASE (10 SECONDS HAVE TO GO BY FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO DO IT AGAIN) FIRST TIME WILL BE A WARNING IF YOU VIOLATE THIS RULE, NEXT WILL BE FORFEIT OF A STOCK (A FRESH STOCK, NOT YOU @ 150, WHEN U DIE AT 150 U COME BACK AND DIE AGAIN...:) JUST REMOVING SOME GAY THINGS IS ALL

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS RULESET EASY...DON'T COME!

-3 Stock

-8 Minute Time Limit

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, also pikachu's CG in place as well (I'll allow the exception of 3 dthrows to an attack though) etc

-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%

-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.

-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *

2. Stage striking of the 5 neutrals until one is remaining.

3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2

4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

LGL for every character must not exceed 30, if the game goes to time the winner will be the player with the least amount of LG if they are both above 30. Scrooging is strictly forbidden, you cannot go under the level twice without touching the stage for at least 5 seconds before going back under. Violation of this rule will be enforced by forfeit of a stock...so don't do it^_~

Neutral Stages:

-Battlefield

-Final Destination

-Smashville

-Pokemon Stadium 1

-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

-Delfino Plaza

-Frigate Orpheon

-Battleship Halberd

-Pictochat

-Brinstar

-Yoshi's Island

-Norfair

-Green Greens or Luigi's Mansion

-PTAD IS LEGAL FOR DOUBLES,

-CORNERIA IS ALSO LEGAL FOR DOUBLES :)

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:

-Life Stealing is allowed

-Team attack will be set to ON

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:

-Matches will be 3 stock

-8 Minute Time Limit

All other questions of rules will be directed to me, Gdx or Walnut.

There will probably be a plethora of other games there too so as long as the owners cool with it enjoy them to your hearts content...And Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT STEAL ANYTHING, IF YOU DO AND I FIND OUT I WILL BAN YOU FROM EVERY EVENT THAT I AM HOSTING EVER! WE DO NOT LIKE THIEVES IN THE COMMUNITY.

AS FAR AS THE MvC3 tourney I will leave this in the capable hands of Dtorr or Gdx because I don't know any details about the game currently ^_^

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
IS this THIS weekend?
Because....

I'm not going to be here..
There's no date. You should do something about that.

:D

SAX

Smash Ace
I'll be here. But I'll be leavin early.

Wait, how far is this from ucf?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol I just found out Thursday myself...its like 25 min sw of ucf

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Yo yo! Walnut is in the building! Oh this venue is legit and will be one of the coolest places to come!
"THE RETURN OF THE WALNUT"...It is going to be open all day and a plethora of games will be going on. 10am is definitely going to be when CPR games opens and friendlies can be played. No door fee confirmed, flat screens, 360's, ps3's and great sound system. Matches will be recorded if requested. I cannot remember but, I am pretty sure there is wifi. Hype!! 5 dollars per event. ~ :D

Smash Rookie
o and if you guys want me and solo will help run the MVC3 tourney

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sorry ladeberd after WHOBO can't afford tally even if I had a ride...which I didn't anyway :-/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You're doing it wrong

If Gary can make it....peach gw is gonna **** on everybody. If not..gw is still gonna **** on someone if I can find a teammate

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yea im trying to make this myself because my friend is buying my way to megacon :p idk i know solo and sax are probably going to go to this though

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Megacon is only 10-15 min from the venue. So you could possibly do both

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah im not coming. Id rather go bang my head against a wall.

But srsly im not coming. Im goin to the beach with a group of about 15 girls(all hotties) and like 3 guys(including myself). I was gonna invite smashers but NAWWWWW

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
that seems completely pointless to go until noon...it opens at 10am for friendlies and no tourney will have started by then

o well. im guessing that means solomon cant enter brawl? :(

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Is there a reason I shouldn't move this to tournament listings?/Why it wasn't originally posted in them?

I'm guessing it's because such late notice, and thought this would be noticed more in this forum, but it's been up for 12 hours now... so I'd like to move this over to its proper forum.

CO18

Smash Hero
Srz, gonna be with my fam all day tomorrow. why is kevin love, d will and dwight howard on suite life of zach and cody or w.e the show is called now

Top Bottom