• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd person?????

n64dude

Smash Cadet
Im not sure about this but in the on the petey piranha boss battle it seems like it is in 3rd person because the stadium is 3D and there are no platforms. also it just seems akward as from the side if he had two cages to swing only back and forth, not left and right?????:confused::)

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
I think that it is a movie cutscene, and not an actual gameplay scene. Smashbrothers will probably remain a 2d figher, with 3 dimensional backgrounds as always.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
of course it's 3rd person.

oh wait, you have no idea what you're talking aboot.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Wait, he has a point. If he's holding the cages in both hands, you'll only be able to attack one of the cages at a time, because when he's facing one direction, one of the princesses will be behind him.

This is a pretty good discovery, actually. I'm wondering how the battle will play out now.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
No, this isnt a good discovery.
If you look at the first Gameplay screen of the Petey update, you can see he is standing in the background of the "Final Destination" stage.
So (theory: ) he faces forward at all times, and attacks with the cages, bringing them into the midground (thats where you fight ;D) for you to attack. He probably attacks with them one at a time to prevent both from being destroyed simultaneously.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
No, this isnt a good discovery.
If you look at the first Gameplay screen of the Petey update, you can see he is standing in the background of the "Final Destination" stage.
So (theory: ) he faces forward at all times, and attacks with the cages, bringing them into the midground (thats where you fight ;D) for you to attack. He probably attacks with them one at a time to prevent both from being destroyed simultaneously.
Try again =]

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
No, Brawl is going to be an first person game. Every screenshot you've seen so far was from the perspective of Pokemon Trainer.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
what is 3rd person?? thats for fps' I beleive. and also, I highly doubt it, 3D would be overall too complex in a fighting game, which is hard to even imagine...

Crux

Smash Rookie
Drik, are you serious? You do know that FPS stands for "first person shooter", right?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
YOU GUYS!

Masterhnd lyke totali has two hans! Surely he cn't be 2-D? 3rd prson fo shure!

This topic= suk.

-_-

pirkid

Smash Lord
Petey Pirannha is in the Trainer's position. Only uses the cages. I do not believe you attack Petey, you only attack the cages when he swings them at you to attack you. Presumably he runs after you save one princess.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Off-Topic: Petey's mouth looks HORRIBLE!
On-Topic... Oro? Smash is technically third-person... I guess. If side-scrollers count as third-person

Although it's kinda interesting that it looks like the camera rotated around him slightly.

Top Bottom