• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd party Character? How about 3rd party items?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would love to see an assist trophy that pops out the two pong pedals on both sides and they start to hit a ball at each other in a competitive game and if the ball hits a character, it does 60% damage plus heavy splash.

Obviously a Pong character would be dumb but I could see this as a great Assist Trophy. Why limit 3rd parties to just character additions?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Because characters are the main attraction, and purely superficial inclusions of third-party material is nothing short of an insult to both the abilities of the development team, and the company to which the material is copyright.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Any third-party IP that would be limited to just an Assist Trophy or item would be a waste of licensing money, and would be viewed as "not worth it" by Sakurai and Nintendo. Sakurai already doesn't want the game to have too much 3rd party content, I doubt anybody wants to pay a lot to use something that would end up fairly trivial and unimportant.

However, I suppose I could see the inclusion of an item or something of third-parties with character representation, like a Sonic item (other than an AT), though I think that would still be unlikely.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Not in the context that it is the only representation of that of the series in the game, like N3ON said, it would be a waste of licensings, but it was like items from the Sonic franchise (if indeed he is staying) then I would have no problem with that

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Not in the context that it is the only representation of that of the series in the game, like N3ON said, it would be a waste of licensings, but it was like items from the Sonic franchise (if indeed he is staying) then I would have no problem with that
I agree with this.

JPW

Smash Ace
I actually think Namco might do this with their Tekken and Soul Calibur Characters.

Mainly because it'll be either Pacman or Lloyd joining the roster.

Top Bottom