• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Online Tournament (ROOM FOR THREE MORE)

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I wanted to organize a tournament online for Smash4 3DS. Matches will be uploaded to Youtube. To sign up, state your 3DS Tag, Main, Secondaries (unless you don't have any), and Friend Code.
EXAMPLE:
3DS Tag: Evan
Main: Fox
Secondaries: None
Friend Code: 4296-4286-0141

CHAT: http://xat.com/3DSmash
We need this chat for deciding counterpicks and what stages to start on. In which case, the winner of the previous match says on the chat which stages they ban, and the loser of the previous match chooses a stage and announces on the chat the stage. The winner, loser, and I will pick the chosen stage. Also, if switching characters, say it on the chat before deciding the stage, so we know (we have to know this). Any other type of communication problems are covered by this chat.

EDIT: I will need to know your main/secondaries because I need an avatar for the characters on youtube thumbnails.

STAGES: Battlefield, FD/Omegas, Yoshis Island, Arena Ferox (Counterpick), Prism Tower (Counterpick)
BRINSTAR NOT LEGAL

CUSTOMS: http://strawpoll.me/3822348
Vote for whether or not they should be legal. Also, if they are, they won't be allowed for doubles.

Current amount of entrants: 13/16 (including myself)

RULES:
- Games will be best out of 3
- In Top 8, games will still be best out of 3 for sake of time, as we don't want to keep anyone waiting too long.
- Each match will have 2 stocks and 5 minutes.
- If you pause, as long as it as accidental, there will be no punishment for it.
- For stage bans, only one counterpick can be banned, and only two other stages can be banned, not being counterpick ones.

Teams (you decide):
- http://strawpoll.me/3806774
NOTE: If we DO have teams, then people below in the thread who have signed up will have to message each other. Also, we would have to arrange a separate date.

Entrants Allowed:

TimeZone: Eastern ( different arrangements can be made if this is troublesome for too many entrants )

DATE:
Sunday 22nd
12:30

When I update this thread, I will say the match order, and will message you when to join me. When you do, I will be Jigglypuff, and I will do the traditional shield break. Then, the match will start, with Jigglypuff shooting off to the top being the starting shot.

If I have left anything out, please message me and let me know. The Youtube channel that I will upload the matches to is being created. Tomorrow, I will put the youtube up right below this. If you have any questions, then of course, message me.

~Effay

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
3DS Tag: HyMuMa
Main: Yoshi
Secondaries: Villager, King Dedede, Diddy Kong
Friend Code: 4382-2513-9345

If we can get more people to notice this tournament, then I would most likely join depending on what happens on my current schedule.

Also, you plan to host this Tournament on April 1st? This better not be some silly future April Fool's Joke, is it?

gamecrazy94

Smash Rookie
NNID
gamecrazy94
3DS FC
2320-6128-1064
3DS Tag: Paul94
Main: Link
Secondaries: Greninja, Pac-Man, Pikachu, Falco, Mega-Man
Friend Code: 2320-6128-1064

I know, I have a lot of secondaries, but I like using every character.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Oh, this should be fun! But why on April 1st, in the middle of the week? I'd prefer the weekend where people have more free time.
I'm in if it's Singles. Not too fond of Doubles, honestly. =P
Also when you say 6, I assume that's PM, and in which timezone? EST?
Are you going to be recording EVERY match though? That would make the tourney take too long... x.x
We could just send our replays to you for you to record, if you really wanted it on Youtube.
And I think using a chatting program, like Skype would be ideal so you don't flood the thread with match updates and whatnot.

Anyway...
3DS tag: Timmy
Mains: Ness (I'll be sticking with him only)
Friend Code: 1375-7410-4627

Gameplay wise, Stage list? 2 stock or 3 stock?

(Sorry for saying so much XD)

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
3DS tag: Scarecrow
Main: Wii Fit Trainer
Secondaries: Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, DK
FC: 4699-7829-1600

i feel stages should be Battlefield, FD/Omegas, Yoshis Island, Arena Ferox (Counterpick as its like Pokemon Stadium), Prism Tower (Counterpick)
Are we allowing Customs?

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
3DS tag: abx
Main: Ness
Seconds: King Dedede
FC: 3797-6491-8754

I'm fairly new here, but since It's roundabout three weeks until tournament starts I hope I can still apply. Like: On probation.
Also, could you specify the time zone?

Last edited:

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Oh, this should be fun! But why on April 1st, in the middle of the week? I'd prefer the weekend where people have more free time.
I'm in if it's Singles. Not too fond of Doubles, honestly. =P
Also when you say 6, I assume that's PM, and in which timezone? EST?
Are you going to be recording EVERY match though? That would make the tourney take too long... x.x
We could just send our replays to you for you to record, if you really wanted it on Youtube.
And I think using a chatting program, like Skype would be ideal so you don't flood the thread with match updates and whatnot.

Anyway...
3DS tag: Timmy
Mains: Ness (I'll be sticking with him only)
Friend Code: 1375-7410-4627

Gameplay wise, Stage list? 2 stock or 3 stock?

(Sorry for saying so much XD)
It's okay, haha. Also, I will be saving that matches, and then record them. The date I can get them up onto a channel is not yet known. I'm still working on that. Also, for timezone, it's Eastern. If that doesn't work for you or others, I will see to that and what I can do.

3DS tag: Scarecrow
Main: Wii Fit Trainer
Secondaries: Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, DK
FC: 4699-7829-1600

i feel stages should be Battlefield, FD/Omegas, Yoshis Island, Arena Ferox (Counterpick as its like Pokemon Stadium), Prism Tower (Counterpick)
Are we allowing Customs?
Yes, customs are allowed. Also, yes, those stages are down for the tournament. Every other stage, unless on normal, is banned. I will edit the post above.

EDIT: MIGHT be allowed. I put a link down to a pull in the official post. You may vote there.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Eh, I'm personally against customs, but maybe I'm just biased cause my character's customs are bad. And hell, I don't even have many unlocked. :p

Should Brinstar be a legal counterpick too? If Arena Ferox is legal, I believe Brinstar is usually a legal CP as well.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Eh, I'm personally against customs, but maybe I'm just biased cause my character's customs are bad. And hell, I don't even have many unlocked. :p

Should Brinstar be a legal counterpick too? If Arena Ferox is legal, I believe Brinstar is usually a legal CP as well.
You have a point, and I think it even was in Brawl for a while. But now, it isn't legal, in standard tournaments anyways. Arena Ferox is like Pokemon Stadium. The transformations are a bit crazier, so it's rarely used, or at least I would imagine. I'll think about Brinstar. That doesn't sound too bad. Also, we have a poll on customs or not now.

Tara

Smash Rookie
NNID
Larouche01
3DS FC
3196-5899-1714
3DS tag: Larouche
Main: King Dedede
Secondary: Peach
3DS FC: 3196-5899-1714
I would like to join the party.

Edit : Voted.

Last edited:

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
You have a point, and I think it even was in Brawl for a while. But now, it isn't legal, in standard tournaments anyways. Arena Ferox is like Pokemon Stadium. The transformations are a bit crazier, so it's rarely used, or at least I would imagine. I'll think about Brinstar. That doesn't sound too bad. Also, we have a poll on customs or not now.
Brinstar has the lava as as stage hazard. I thought we could use Reset Bomb Forest but theres a hazard with the enemy that flies by and the huge boxed area that blocks the top of the stage. I tested Tortimer Island but the trees drop fruit that heal.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I think Brinstar is ok (but maybe I'm bias cause I'm a Ness main lmfao). The lava is a really predictable and easy to avoid hazard and hell it can even help some recoveries (which can be a double-edged sword admittedly). 3DS blastzones are generally huge, but Brinstar's aren't since Melee stages generally have smaller blastzones. Then there's some interesting things you can take advantage of with the tentacles (and that thing in the centre but idk what to call it lol) by triggering hitboxes (Ness' PK Fire, Peach Bomber, Flare Blitz, etc.) or extending hitlag. =P

I would like to know, why is Brinstar an issue, compared to Arena Ferox that can have a cave of life? (But honestly I'm still fine with Arena Ferox nonetheless)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I've been waiting for something like this. I'm definitely in.

3DS Tag: RoseSGS
Main: Rosalina (In case you haven't guessed already)
Secondaries: Marth, Zero Suit
Friend Code: 2062-9707-3637

Fair warning, I live in Australia so connection might be a bit laggy. However, I'm usually able to play opponents overseas without too much lag so it should be fine (I hope).

Also, 6:30pm ET is 9:30am AEST right?

Last edited:

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
I wouldn't mind Brinstar (I love the alt music) just wanted to mention the hazard because even though the lava is predictable it forces the players to be on the top platform leading to some unfair advantages (Hoo hah killing much earlier) but i'd say Brinstar as a counterpick. Would Tomodachi Life be allowed? The only disadvantage i could see is the highest platform giving it a really low ceiling.

Last edited:

Cody100

Smash Cadet
3DS Tag: Cody100
Main: Sonic
Secondaries: Shulk, Dark Pit, Marth
Friend Code: 2492-4576-3148

I might be late adding you since I'm typing this during school so don't freak out if you don't have a friend request from me for the next few hours.

abx

Smash Journeyman
RosalinaSGS was asking:
Also, 6:30pm ET is 9:30am AEST right?
Wait. Isn't it 6:30am? I figured Effay would begin so early so that the tourney might be finished on the very same day.

In any case: AEST is fifteen hours ahead of EST. 9:30 is correct.

CrimsonRaider

Smash Rookie
NNID
crimsonraidah
3DS FC
3411-3607-9251
3DS Tag: Crimson
Main: Ganondorf
Secondaries: Fox, Falco
Friend Code: 3411-3607-9251

Just a note, participants don't necessarily have to add each other because as you stated, you will be hosting each game. As long as we have you added, there is no need to add the other participants. I have no problem with adding anyone to my friends list, I'm only stating that it may be more efficient to add only the TO's friend code.

ShoCherry

Smash Rookie
3DS TAG : Panda
MAIN : Fox
SECONDARIES : Captain Falcon, Sheik, Rosaline &Luma
FRIEND CODE : 2079-8980-3177

i look forward to this tourney!!!
:143::143::143::143::143::143::143::143::143::143::143::143:

Cynkrode

Smash Rookie
It's indefinite, but I will probably sign up.

I'll post the full details here tomorrow if I do decide to sign up, though.

[EDIT]: Never mind, here it is.

3DS Tag: Cynkrode
Main: Mr. Game & Watch
Secondaries: Ness, Ganondorf, Bowser, and Sonic
Friend Code: 4485-0865-3786

Excited.

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Would it be possible to start it on Sunday instead, if no one objects? It's significantly more convenient for me.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Would it be possible to start it on Sunday instead, if no one objects? It's significantly more convenient for me.
I go somewhere every Saturday afternoon, but I'll look to see if there's a time I can do it on Sunday.

Gears_1000

Smash Ace
NNID
gears1000
3DS FC
0705-3091-8507
3DS Tag: Gears
Main: Marth
Secondary: Ike, Captain Falcon
Friend Code: 0705-3091-8507

Last edited:

CrimsonRaider

Smash Rookie
NNID
crimsonraidah
3DS FC
3411-3607-9251
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to add Link and Sheik to my list of Secondaries. I forgot to add them on my first post. Thank you!

Eric Sebastian

Smash Rookie
Hey,
I'm new to competitive smash and I honestly kinda suck, but I have been looking for tournaments that i can do for experience and I happen to have found this. It would be awesome if i could participate and if you are having teams i can a do that one probably with my friend instead of singles.

Also, I have a volleyball tournament on March 29th and 30th, and if we make it to the playoffs I won't be able to do the tournament, so if we could move it a few days ahead like on that Friday, that would be great.

Thank you for your consideration. XD

3DS Tag: (Should be) Whitebread
Main: Zero Suit Samus (I like sexy characters)
Secondaries: Rosalina and Luma
Friend Code: 2809-9659-6984

Last edited:

AccelgorTN

Smash Rookie
3DS tag ATN
Main:Rosalina
Secondary:Mac, Luigi, Ness
Fc:4613 6848 3096

Last edited:

IPrime13

Smash Rookie
3ds tag: Prime
Main: toon link
Secondary: pikachu, palutena, samus
Friend Code: 4871-5410-6747

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
3ds tag: Prime
Main: toon link
Secondary: pikachu, palutena, samus
Friend Code: 4871-5410-6747
I'm sorry man. It's too late ): This is my fault, I miscounted the amount of people in the tournament. If you want to be in the next tournament, I'll have a spot reserved for you. My deepest apologies.

abx

Smash Journeyman
@ Effay Effay What about team matches? With a total vote number of 17 there's a slight majority wishing for them. With them comes an increased need for organization and that Jigglypuff hosting wouldn't work.

Also, could please verify that it's 6:30 AM? Just to be sure.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I mean if it's before April 1st, I can do after, since holidays will have started then.

Cynkrode

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't think prolonging it until next month is a good idea.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I honestly don't think prolonging it until next month is a good idea.
We could do it this Sunday. There's really nothing holding us back this point except for deciding teams.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I just want to point out I can't do this Sunday, and without me, there aren't enough players. You could just do the tournament with 15 players, I guess. Just wanted to make it clear.

Top Bottom