• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi player

Smash Master
@Zipzo Could you try if it's possible to glidetoss and dacus?
How does aerial landinglag feel? (is it still a lot like everyone said?)

Thanks for doing this. So hype. :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'd seriously recommend using something like twitter for this, because that will definitely not crash or not let you post things like your two current options are doing.

Also posting for the subscription >: D

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If Marth got any improvements.
If landing lag still exists.
Pivot smashing?
Captain Falcon buff from brawl? (The knee gets better maybe?)
If Ganon is there, is he better?
Lucina and Marth differences?

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
In case anyone missed the Reddit updates

Zipzo said:
  • Peach's forward B has BARELY any startup time anymore (the butt slam)
It felt REALLY FAST.

• pacmans forward a is a combo like Marth except with punches

• his down aerial is like lucarios except he kicks like 2-3 times.
  • Shulk has amazing spacing options because his Monado reaches so damn far

• The game still has a sense of floatiness to it that is present in brawl. It's definitely not like Melee where you drop like bricks.

• shield rolling is extremely fast and there's a neat little sparkle star effect when you do it and acting out of shield is as well. I think of it like a mini-wave dash. No wave dashing or l-cancelling. Just rolling baby.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Marth double fair is not possible.
Aw, that's a shame. Does it still have as much landing lag as it did in E3?

Oh, and does anyone know if you're still unable to steal the ledge from an opponent when in helpless? It was like that in the E3 Demo.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It seems like this game truly will be fun an interesting for the Melee Crowd, Brawl Crowd, and casuals alike. Thank you so much Zipzo.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The game still has a sense of floatiness to it that is present in brawl. It's definitely not like Melee where you drop like bricks.
Oh thank god.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So ledges not being magnetic is interesting. Certainly didn't expect myself.

The opening cutscene looks like it could be amazing. I mean wow. Can't wait to see more. :D

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, it's still slow, but at least I loaded the page successfully 10 times in a row now.

So, I would just love to not loose my sleep which means that I would need the only yes/no answer I need before it crash again.

For the last time: is the Paper Mario stage playable or not?

I can't believe how such a meaningless info can't be known 2 hours after one of the most anticipated game is open to public as a demo in a populated country. It's just an achievment in me being screwed over for nothing.

We need to plan how it will go for the release date because it will take a year to know everything at this point.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Well, it's still slow, but at least I loaded the page successfully 10 times in a row now.

So, I would just love to not loose my sleep which means that I would need the only yes/no answer I need before it crash again.

For the last time: is the Paper Mario stage playable or not?

I can't believe how such a meaningless info can't be known 2 hours after one of the most anticipated game is open to public as a demo in a populated country. It's just an achievment in me being screwed over for nothing.

We need to plan how it will go for the release date because it will take a year to know everything at this point.
I don't think it's playable bro

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
If Zipzo can confirm any of the following that would be great:

- Alph alt for Olimar
- Fierce Deity alt for Link
- pajamas alt for Toon Link
- Galactaknight alt (cross symbol mask hole) for Metaknight

There's a lot of misinformation floating around right now and this seems to be the only truly reliable source.

D

Deleted member 245254

• Shulk has amazing spacing options because his Monado reaches so damn far

• The game still has a sense of floatiness to it that is present in brawl. It's definitely not like Melee where you drop like bricks.

• shield rolling is extremely fast and there's a neat little sparkle star effect when you do it and acting out of shield is as well. I think of it like a mini-wave dash. No wave dashing or l-cancelling. Just rolling baby.
Peach's butt bomb is hugely buffed. It has barely any startup time anymore.

- link has a costume with like red markings under his eyes. It looks nothing like link... But his eyes are whitened and has red markings and he's dark colored clothing. There's also a white and blue link.

- toon link has the four swords colors + old style link color, the black with red eyes.

- there is no Melee dash dancing. It's incredibly hard to do with the circle pad but it's essentially the same thing as brawls. IE not super useful or practical.

- I retested ledge mechanics.

I WAS RIGHT. I used megaman this time and reaffirmed my experiences with Ike.

There is a short and small window of time after dropping from the ledge that the ledge becomes "immune" to your grab.

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUMP MECHANIC. It was completely individually on the character. It is not very apparent on characters with flips for 2ndary jumps, as the ledge grab action waits for the flip to finish and the window for "ledge immunity" seems to end before the flip animation does. Megaman and Ike do not have flips, and it was impossible for me to the ledge after jumping/falling off it for a period of time.

I am essentially 100% of sure this.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I think the Miis are a Japanese Idol group, however that fisrt pic is the definition of Nintendo Swag. It might just be the coolest thing I've ever seen from Nintendo.
They have a 48 after their name

There was 48 characters total on the leak.

Hmmm that may have been it?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
What even is that? The great Fem-mii War of 2014?

Soul.

Any news regarding Pikachu? I apologize if I keep saying the same thing, but I want to know if it changed from the E3 build.

D

Deleted member 245254

Zelda's new phantom move.

It doesn't hit a character right up in her grill. The phantom spawns maybe a character away, so if your opponent is right up on you, the phantom will just spawn in front of them and whiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom