• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
Does Palutena call out her attacks, or was that just flair for the trailer?

moltenrokk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moltenrokk
- palutena's smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her.

- robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon.

Let me reaffirm this. Robin feels AMAZING.
LET'S GO PALUTENA HYPE!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 245254

- Lucina is not playable.

- chrom appears in robins victory pose.

- they are really right on pictures and video. I almost got kicked out for trying.

- villagers up b is the most overpowered recovery I've ever seen.

- whoever is worried about combos, there are combos.

- YOU CAN CANCEL RUN WITH SHEILD.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Aight @Zipzo I have just one thing to ask

Could you just click through the character alt costumes and tell us if there is anything new and interesting? :)

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman

- they are really right on pictures and video. I almost got kicked out for trying.

Are you gonna play shulk?

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Wow. I refresh the page and it takes 4 minutes, and there are two new posts. I guess I'm not the only one having trouble.

This is it guys. This is when our future begins.

And man, I get most excited about the new mechanics. Edges sound so different than before. This game sounds like it'll be very unique for smash!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Some things to note...

1. We already knew ledgeguarding was dead. We'd seen that if another person grabs a ledge while a player is on it, it boots the other player off the ledge and they don't get invincibility frames after the first grab any longer.

2. Were people expecting pac man to be fast? He's pretty slow in his original game. There's still a such thing as characters that are slow but powerful, BTW.

Last edited:

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
Please please please please PLEASE tell me if mega man has an alt, mate.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I'm really hoping for an eShop demo now. I wanna see exactly how Pac and Robin feel.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Some things to note...

1. We already knew ledgeguarding was dead. We'd seen that if another person grabs a ledge while a player is on it, it boots the other player off the ledge and they don't get invincibility frames when they first grab any longer.

2. Were people expecting pac man to be fast? He's pretty slow in his original game. There's still a such thing as characters that are slow but powerful, BTW.
It was a new form of ledgeguarding. People were expecting to force teh ooponent to grab teh edge first, and then you grab it next, and continue to do this. Now you cannot do this. Sory for typos, the Crashing is crazy. WE are nearing 2000 people!

FastWheels

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperFastWheels
How is Kirby? I need to know this or else the mafia will break my legs.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
This is all relevant info that @Zipzo has shared with us:

- Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.

- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.

His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.

- Pivot cancel is still in

- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.

- lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.

- peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

- Zelda has a white costume

- Ike feels unchanged. I was never an Ike main so I don't know the specifics but his attacks were all the same general thing, nothing new I noticed.

- pacman. He feels slow, but his attacks felt like they had a good hitbox, because he's really fat and his legs stretch when he kicks. He just felt really interesting to play, but I ended up using his aerials the most because of their hit boxes.

- Peach's turnip pull speed is nerfed. She can still move in to float to do things like crown and nair. Her fsmash goes tennis club, golf club, and frying pan. I believe it's a set order now.

- Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump

- ledge stalling may be impossible now? If you drop from the ledge and jump back up, you literally will just NOT grab it. It's like the ledge gains invulnerability to your grab for a certain time after you let go. DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT. I am not 100% sure I need to try it again on my 2nd go around but in my last match I basically lived on the ledge trying this out.

I could no re-grab the ledge directly after letting go and jumping back in to obvious grab range.

- palutena's smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her.

- robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I can ask...
Is Villager better or worse than before?
How is Pac-man? Is he any good?
Is Meta Knight still broken? And are there any other characters that seem broken as well?
Can one play as Mii Fighter? And if so how are they?
How is Shulk?
And finally, do the controls work all right?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Oh my lord this game sounds fantastic right now. I'm casual and these techniques sound awesome!

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm about to get my next play through. More coming. Will test dash dancing. The ledge mechanics again. Playing as Shulk.

Will test teching on landing lag animations.

About 30 seconds here...

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So happy to hear how both Robin and Palutena are shaping up to be good. They are probably the two I'm most interested in playing, even though I still wanted Lucina the most.

Happy that Robin especially seemed to play so well. Good luck Crashboards! Hope you don't die from people overload!

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
What are Peach's alts like? And are the victory themes reused from Brawl like the E3 demo or are they all new?

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
All Guests: Join the Boards! It is a fun and satisfying place! You will the understand what real hype is!
DO IS BEFORE WE CRASH AGAIN!

Last edited:

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Are Shulk's different modes in a set order? Can you transition fast?

Also, ahhhhh Crash Boards!!!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you know the numbers for Robin's durability on his spells?

How long does it take for the tomes to come back?

How much durability does Levin sword has?

Redcard

Smash Cadet
4chan is lurking.
Reddit is lurking.
Smashboard is posting.
We out there.

B-But can you say anything about the Paper Mario stage? I feel bad for the guy that keeps asking.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen you post it, but does it seem like it's changed any since the old builds or is it just a slightly faster Brawl engine?

Pacman's falling speed worries me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom