• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

Did they fix Peach's double-jump or is it still pitiful like it was in Brawl?
I have no context as I don't play peach much :(.

- sonics forward b snaps to the ground, it is really fast now.

- his uair is like a scissor kick, has a way better hitbox than the twist kick thing.

Soul.

I JUST PLAYED.

I will be more thorough later but right now.

- Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.

- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.

His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.

- Pivot cancel is still in

- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.

- lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.

- peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

- Zelda has a white costume

Editing this post for more as we speak

- Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump
Did you get to try out Pikachu? Just asking.
If you couldn't, this is still good news.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
What about the landing lag ? Did they reduce it in general ?

Thanks for what you're doing !

D

Deleted member 245254

- ledge stalling may be impossible now? If you drop from the ledge and jump back up, you literally will just NOT grab it. It's like the ledge gains invulnerability to your grab for a certain time after you let go. DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT. I am not 100% sure I need to try it again on my 2nd go around but in my last match I basically lived on the ledge trying this out.

I could no re-grab the ledge directly after letting go and jumping back in to obvious grab range.

I will play Shulk this go around. And robin.

Last edited by a moderator:

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
Hey man,

Any chance you could run us through some of the newcomers playable in the build?

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I'll be around all night looking at this thread.

You da best. You da you da best.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
- ledge stalling may be impossible now? If you drop from the ledge and jump back up, you literally will just NOT grab it. It's like the ledge gains invulnerability to your grab for a certain time after you let go. DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT. I am not 100% sure I need to try it again on my 2nd go around but in my last match I basically lived on the ledge trying this out.

I could no re-grab the ledge directly after letting go and jumping back in to obvious grab range.

R.I.P. Edgeguarding.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman

Yes thank you so much! My 2 favorite people
BTW: can u record or no

Last edited:

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480

Wow. This could be a very good change.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
thank you for sharing these info

im happy to hear sonic is somewhat buffed. shame about pacman being real slow... :/ i hope the customizable stuff will improve him enough

Hokori

Great King of Evil

...That sounds crazy ._.

Really helps for the pace of the game though :)

floofymoofysheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
trixie08
3DS FC
3196-3867-7416
I hope you're having tons of fun! If its not too much could I ask what Peach's costumes are? Also does Robin's haistyle and color change at all?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If you play Robin, do you have to charge his lighting attack? Also do you think its possible to try to count how many uses of his Levin sword he has before it changes to bronze? Also what are his alts like? Different hair styles like the Villager or just colors?

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Could you please tell us what stages are available? All of them, I mean.

You don't have to play through them all, but run by them on the stage select screen and tell us their names. (We know about most of them, but still)

Also play on the stages we don't know about and tell us what they're like.

Last edited:

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet

A big buff to multiple jump characters and a big nerf to everybody else. Interesting changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom