• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS General Discussion feels kinda....dead.....

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't know guys this whole General Discussion just feels kind of dead............like my youtube channel :sadeyes: but I'm not here to talk about that this whole thing feels dead :\ like your in the middle of nowhere in the desert dead......I think we need to all need to Step it up a little! My Gawd look at Wii U general discussion I'm honestly not going thru those. I remember this place so active but it feels dead now........But anyways we need to discuss some more >:O I'd love to make a big disscusion on this 3DS thread but they all get locked so **** I'm not making another thread just for it to get locked over and over and over. We could have amazing topics! like........ummm......wait I need to think...........If you'll play with the outlines on or off or..........Who's gonna be playing Competitively on the 3DS....(there's already a thread about that >_> but still)........or getting to know each other....(I think there's a thread of that too so ****)...........or exchange friend codes and and see who rage quits in KI:U first......you name it >_< this place just feel dead ok that's all I'm saying :skull:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't blame you that the 3DS section feels like a ghost town. Most people really look more forward towards the Wii U version. It would be nice if Sakurai were to try and hype up the 3DS version a little more though... :/

I wouldn't mind sharing my 3DS friendcode with the forum members here though. (Although I would probably prefer to share it with forum members I learned to know a bit better though....)

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't blame you that the 3DS section feels like a ghost town. Most people really look more forward towards the Wii U version. It would be nice if Sakurai were to try and hype up the 3DS version a little more though... :/

I wouldn't mind sharing my 3DS friendcode with the forum members here though. (Although I would probably prefer to share it with forum members I learned to know a bit better though....)
I just noticed yesterday it felt like a ghost town and I know more people are looking forward to the Wii U version just because they think "the 3DS is holding back" and I've probably said 50 times it's not holding it back and yea I'm hyped for the game but since they were announced my hype for the 3DS version has became really low. I like Sakurai he's great but if he just gave us fans hype for it then I'd be happy. In fact just show us Offscreen Gameplay of the 3DS version like they did for the Wii U that might actually hype us!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Well, most of the general SSB4 discussion that goes on these boards can apply to either version of the game, so it makes sense that one board would be far more active than the other. If people want to just talk about the game in general, they only need one forum to do so. The 3DS board is mainly used to discuss 3DS specific things.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Well, most of the general SSB4 discussion that goes on these boards can apply to either version of the game, so it makes sense that one board would be far more active than the other. If people want to just talk about the game in general, they only need one forum to do so. The 3DS board is mainly used to discuss 3DS specific things.
Ik it is but seriously the padt 2 those or whatever it just feels dead.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
^ lemme fix that
Ik it is but seriously the past 2 days or whatever it just feels dead all day

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
And I just stated why that is the case. General SSB4 discussion > Specific 3DS SSB4 discussion.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
After that one thread in the Wii U section (proposed ruleset), this place definitely lost its people. The standardized ruleset was basically what gave me most of the alerts. I really wanted to keep posting here only (except for general and miiverse), but I barely got any responses. Smasher, you seem to be really into the 3DS section, considering most of my alerts for the 3DS is from you. Also, the Wii U has topics only for the Wii U and for both the 3DS and Wii U. The 3DS is limited to only 3DS. If you go to the Wii U section, you will see most of the topics for both instead of the Wii U only. I didn't read any of the other posts, so sorry if I just said the same thing.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
After that one thread in the Wii U section (proposed ruleset), this place definitely lost its people. The standardized ruleset was basically what gave me most of the alerts. I really wanted to keep posting here only (except for general and miiverse), but I barely got any responses. Smasher, you seem to be really into the 3DS section, considering most of my alerts for the 3DS is from you. Also, the Wii U has topics only for the Wii U and for both the 3DS and Wii U. The 3DS is limited to only 3DS. If you go to the Wii U section, you will see most of the topics for both instead of the Wii U only. I didn't read any of the other posts, so sorry if I just said the same thing.
heh knew you'd come sooner or later BaPr, but yea I'm literally attached to this discussion same here Standardized Ruleset is he only thing I really ever got alerts from really the rest were really from Unconfirmed Veterans or Ridley thread but me being SO attached to this discussion I just felt like saying something because honestly......this discussion is REALLY dead and I don't like it when it gets quiet so I just had to say something

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
heh knew you'd come sooner or later BaPr, but yea I'm literally attached to this discussion same here Standardized Ruleset is he only thing I really ever got alerts from really the rest were really from Unconfirmed Veterans or Ridley thread but me being SO attached to this discussion I just felt like saying something because honestly......this discussion is REALLY dead and I don't like it when it gets quiet so I just had to say something
The 3DS discussion thread is my home. Of course I would be here:) But yeah, I wish zombies existed so this thread would come back from the dead.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
The 3DS discussion thread is my home. Of course I would be here:) But yeah, I wish zombies existed so this thread would come back from the dead.
everyone in the 3DS discussion is a zombie! quick get my ummm.....Ocarina orf Time so I can play the Sun Song to stun them!!!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Or just get Palutena's arrows. Remember when a bunch of Primids were forming around Pit and he sliced the air with his blades? He is the most ready for a zombie invasion.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Or just get Palutena's arrows. Remember when a bunch of Primids were forming around Pit and he sliced the air with his blades? He is the most ready for a zombie invasion.
I forgot who Primids were x.x I haven't played Uprising in about a month. I prefer my Sun Song >:D

Smash Rookie
You know what feels weird? Not posting at all for the longest time, and when you finally get around to checking out the forums, you enter one about the place being dead x_x.

Either way, it's quite a disappointment to hear this place isn't dead. I think there could be a lot to talk about here, especially considering how much speculation on how the 3DS hardware might not limit the game (everyone seems to believe that'll the lack of space would be crippling >_<), the customization features, and what they might do with streetpass.

Besides that, I'm actually quite hyped for this game. You can't really bring a Wii U to school, but not only that, but the 3DS version means you can play Smash while waiting for your turn at tournaments. Nonstop smash at smash fests! Imagine that :D

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
You know what feels weird? Not posting at all for the longest time, and when you finally get around to checking out the forums, you enter one about the place being dead x_x.

Either way, it's quite a disappointment to hear this place isn't dead. I think there could be a lot to talk about here, especially considering how much speculation on how the 3DS hardware might not limit the game (everyone seems to believe that'll the lack of space would be crippling >_<), the customization features, and what they might do with streetpass.

Besides that, I'm actually quite hyped for this game. You can't really bring a Wii U to school, but not only that, but the 3DS version means you can play Smash while waiting for your turn at tournaments. Nonstop smash at smash fests! Imagine that :D
Now that would be cool (I barely get sleep ;D) plsu when this game comes out for 3ds totally bringing it to school just to play at lunch c:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681

Finally someone understands. Most of the 3DS speculations happens on the Wii U version. And it is mostly people saying that it sucks.
Also, I think you messed up your wording.
Either way, it's quite a disappointment to hear this place isn't dead.

Smash Rookie
Now that would be cool (I barely get sleep ;D) plsu when this game comes out for 3ds totally bringing it to school just to play at lunch c:
Yeah, I bet I'll probably do that a lot. Me and my friends are big into smash, I can imagine seeing that's what we'll all be doing at lunch, going to our corner and just smashing away, as if we didn't play it enough xD.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Finally someone understands. Most of the 3DS speculations happens on the Wii U version. And it is mostly people saying that it sucks.
Also, I think you messed up your wording.
Of course all the hate on 3DS would be on Wii U thread ):< ima go over there and say "HD is for morons"

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Yeah, I bet I'll probably do that a lot. Me and my friends are big into smash, I can imagine seeing that's what we'll all be doing at lunch, going to our corner and just smashing away, as if we didn't play it enough xD.
I don't think I be playing with anyone at lunch ): but I can always play Single Player or just beat up CPU's

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I think you need to edit your post

Smash Rookie
That's such a shame to hear about not being able to play multiplayer, P82 D:

And it'll probably be best to not to say things that'll get you loud at, we don't need angry people here D:

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
That's such a shame to hear about not being able to play multiplayer, P82 D:

And it'll probably be best to not to say things that'll get you loud at, we don't need angry people here D:
well I just got yelled at kind of..........now I feel sad..............but one thing if I'm sad........WHY AM I LISTENING TO THE FIRE TEMPLE IN OOT THAT HAS THE CHANTING...IT"S SCARY AS **** ;_;.............

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, its funny how life works. The Wii U console isn't selling too well right now or has much hype going towards the end of this year. 3DS has more to offer in terms of games yet the thread here is more dead. I know a lot of people that currently own a 3DS, but I don't know anyone that owns a Wii U in my area. They all tell me the same story which is they will get a Wii U once a smash 4 release date is set.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It is sad, but on these boards and most others everyone just talks on the Wii U boards as we don't have many differences yet. When the game itself actually comes out I bet this place will explode, at least with the plans I have for the 3DS.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
One thing that is not helping is that on the official site you can find several pics of the Wii U version, but hardly any on the 3DS version. Hopefully this place gets more lively when the game is released.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
One thing that is not helping is that on the official site you can find several pics of the Wii U version, but hardly any on the 3DS version. Hopefully this place gets more lively when the game is released.
We can only hope

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is easier to focus the discussion in one forum than split it between both. It is not a case of people not being interested in the 3DS version, but of the major part of the discussions being created in the Wii U version board. I am okay with this board having less activity, I just wish that the people who aren't interested in the 3DS version would avoid posting here or that the moderation were more strict with trolling/flamming in this sectio, because 95% of the time they (not the mods, the people who don't care about the 3DS version) only post negative stuff about the game, which makes posting here not as enjoyable as it would be otherwise.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I generally talk about both because I'm looking to forward to playing both of them, but I do notice if someone makes a topic about both it usually goes in the Wii U forum.

Soul.

I think the 3DS subforum will have a lot of discussion once the game is out. There will be a competitive discussion subforum too, so all we have to do is wait.
It seems quiet, but right now it's fine. Maybe the Wii U subforum will be a bit quiet while the 3DS subforum has a lot of discussion? Who knows?

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
It's just a matter of time...

For now it's like 'oh pretty graphics, let's go to the WiiU' but when the tangible game comes around this forum will flourish hehe

Kerreb17

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0619-4010-5392
Speculation threads can only last so long. Once we have real, tangible product in our hands, then I guarantee there will be more discussion, both dedicated and useful, on this board. Same deal with the character threads, I'd think.

I'm dedicated to the 3DS version, but I don't post here too much because I don't have anything I can talk about with certainty. "Smash Run looks cool!" posts are nice and all, but I'm sure most of us would agree that figuring out the rules for the first tournaments is probably the most pressing issue we need to address, and that topic seems to be split between 3DS rules and Wii U rules. It's kind of hard to make rules, though, off of speculation.

Maybe, once the game comes out, myself and others will have more to contribute and the board will seem less dead.

Top Bottom