• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS General Discussion feels kinda....dead.....

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Well, most of the general SSB4 discussion that goes on these boards can apply to either version of the game, so it makes sense that one board would be far more active than the other. If people want to just talk about the game in general, they only need one forum to do so. The 3DS board is mainly used to discuss 3DS specific things.
I fully agree with this, the Wii-U section would be only slightly more lively than this (Or maybe more dead since thre's little Wii U specific info) if their was a General Smash 4 thread. I checked it out a couple weeks ago and thought, "This is hardly the "Wii U forum, it has become the smash 4 forum." I felt early on that we should have a Smash 4 General forum but nothing was done and the result is it makes the 3ds look dead and bad.

Even now look at the Sticky threads in Smash Wii U, it's a Smash 4 Social thread, Smash WiiU/3Ds information, and Wii U/3DS gameplay video threads lol. I'm looking at Wii U front page and 90% of it has nothing to do with "Wii U" Sm4sh. Heck, if you took all the Wii U specific threads into a forum it'd be more dead than this forum. It's frustrating simply because it paints a false picture even in my mind and a more potent picture in other Sm4sher's minds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Honestly, as much as it's interesting that the two games will have exclusive modes and some features, it really doesn't make sense to me that the two forums are even split up. They both encompass the same roster using the same mechanics.

Most people just tend to direct their discussion (even if it's 3DS related or that person only plans on getting the 3DS version) to the Wii U forum simply because it's the more active one.

I wouldn't look at forum activity as an indicator of lack of hype or anything like that.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Wii U over 3DS, I know exactly why the 3DS version's been delayed until Oct. 3rd; Nintendo KNOWS it needs Smash Wii U for the holidays, so they're pouring all their resources into THAT game, while also closing the release gap between the two games.
I expect Smash Wii U to be released between Friday, November 21st, and Friday, December 12th.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'm staying in this thread mostly because besides the people shoving the Wii U version in our face in the 3DS section it actually seems to have a more pleasant population.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, most of the WiiU discussion is just about competitive play and technical stuff, so all I hear is this:
'Tech babble, competitive babble, tech babble. Competitive babble, tech babble, competitive babble.'
:laugh:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well the character discussions are where I spend most of my time (Particularly Robin and Lucina) but I try to post on the 3DS area whenever the opportunity arises. Does that make me a zombie?

Top Bottom