• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Demo Contest! Win an Early Demo Copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
NOTICE: To prevent the boards from being spammed -PLEASE PM YOUR CONTEST ENTRY TO ME-.
I'll alert the winner some time on Saturday after I've had a chance to look through the submissions.

Hello folks! Well after some fretting and worry... I got an e-mail from Nintendo and officially have early access to the demo, and some extra codes to give away! Now I have two local friends who I plan on giving TWO of the codes to (Nintendo was gracious enough to send out FOUR), and aside from the one for myself, I've got one demo code to give away.

So here's the plan. It's CONTEST TIME! Anyone familiar with me from the past knows I'm mad about character concepts and creative ideas, and recently I heard a fantastic concept character, Hanafuda. Yes, Nintendo's old Hanafuda cards you'd use to play Koi-Koi with. Essentially, an ornate deck of cards as a character.

Sooooo... here's what I'm looking for! Post an image/sketch/drawing/photoshop/etc. (some kind of lovely visual) of a possible moveset for the Hanafuda Cards!

Be creative! Be clever! I'll reward curious and interesting concepts! Now I'm going to leave this thread until SATURDAY MORNING, 10am, EST. At that point I'll come back and see what's here, and the one I judge best, I'll give away! And who knows, if one of my friends doesn't want one of the two codes, I might reward second place as well. GET CREATIVE FOLKS! Post all entries in this thread!

NOTE: This code is for an American 3DS (Not European), and as an additional bonus, it has -NO PLAY LIMIT-, so no '30 plays only' which is nice.

Last edited:

tupelocase

Smash Cadet
I lack the necessary skills and imagination for this but I must give you a round of applause, this is wonderful. #HanafudaSm5sh

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
I really like the idea. Maybe I will make one sometime, just for the fun of it, but I don't think I can come up with something right now:p

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I might take you up on this when I get home from work!!

ArchMageDiablo

Smash Cadet
Wow, that is a different idea. I really want a code and i'm wracking my brain trying to think of something, but i'm stumped. So that cards are the character themselves? I don't know anything about koi koi I'm gonna look it up for some inspiration and see what I can do but man, what a challenge.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm so confused. What are these cards?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hello folks! Well after some fretting and worry... I got an e-mail from Nintendo and officially have early access to the demo, and some extra codes to give away! Now I have two local friends who I plan on giving TWO of the codes to (Nintendo was gracious enough to send out FOUR), and aside from the one for myself, I've got one demo code to give away.

So here's the plan. It's CONTEST TIME! Anyone familiar with me from the past knows I'm mad about character concepts and creative ideas, and recently I heard a fantastic concept character, Hanafuda. Yes, Nintendo's old Hanafuda cards you'd use to play Koi-Koi with. Essentially, an ornate deck of cards as a character.

Sooooo... here's what I'm looking for! Post an image/sketch/drawing/photoshop/etc. (some kind of lovely visual) of a possible moveset for the Hanafuda Cards!

Be creative! Be clever! I'll reward curious and interesting concepts! Now I'm going to leave this thread until SATURDAY MORNING, 10am, EST. At that point I'll come back and see what's here, and the one I judge best, I'll give away! And who knows, if one of my friends doesn't want one of the two codes, I might reward second place as well. GET CREATIVE FOLKS! Post all entries in this thread!

NOTE: This code is for an American 3DS (Not European), and as an additional bonus, it has -NO PLAY LIMIT-, so no '30 plays only' which is nice.

Hi there, I'm gonna make my submission. I have some really cool ideas. I hope you like them.

Also, I know this is a contest, but I work at GameStop. If I was able to get the demo, I'd be able to share it with everyone who comes in and has questions about the new Smash. I'd be able to let them play it, and share it with hundreds of people every week until the game's release.

Actually I could share it after as well, in case their deciding to buy. You'd be helping a ton of people, not just myself!

Here's some drawings I've done before:

So I'll do my best to come up with something! Thanks.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please take to PMs

Status