• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3D printed N64 joystick parts

Windjammer

Smash Rookie
im ordering 1 of each MODEL type from shapeways to see what the quality/accuracy is like as a TEST
KnitePhox, did you end up receiving these yet? I'd be curious to see what your personal opinion of them was. Definitely hopeful something good can come from all this.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
They were full on garbage, wouldn't recommend over Chinese knock off 64 control sticks, THAT bad. I'll post a video of how I broke one putting small amount of tension, these things would NEVER EVER stand up to even the WEAKEST di. 1/10 wouldn't recommend. They get 1 point for accuracy of shape, and that's the only positive thing about the stick only. The elbows get -5/10. I don't wana type more than I have, the only thing to take away from my experience is steer FULLY CLEAR of these brawl level parts.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
so was it the material they were made out of that made them so bad? and if thats the case is there other materials that 3d parts can be printed from?

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjuxY39jKl0

have any of you guys seen this? the guy is just... painful to listen to but the repair could be legit

Last edited:
Top Bottom