• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

360 and halo vs wii and brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
360 pros
better graphics
they have demos you can download
headset
has halo
has elder scrolls
and many more

cons
bigger
costs for online
more expensive
the good games are rated M(cant play, sadly)
no motion thingy

wii pros
free online
has brawl
had zelda
has mario
and many other good games
has motion thingy
smaller
more people own wii
most of the games are rated T and E
can download classic games from past systems

cons
no headset
ok graphics
not many downloadable demos

thats all i could think of for now, cause i only thought about this for mambe 10 mins, ill post more later or you guys can post some

post your thoughts on which is better
my opinion: wii by far

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This would do much better in the Light House. :ohwell:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't even think CK would want this thread in the light house, use the console debates thread in the light house for this.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
360 has many more "good games" that I wish I had, but Wii has a couple "best games" that I have / need. And Wii is less expensive, which is a biggie for me, so wii. Wii > 360 > PS3

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Wii is made a a committed, beyond excellent company who produced some of the best games you'll ever play since 1985.

XBox is made by a company owned by Bill Gates, out to make money and nothing else.

My vote goes to Wii and Brawl.

murphy brian

Smash Rookie
wii is much better than 360, my friend has had to send his 360 in to microsoft 3 times now because of the red ring of death.
halo 3 might sell more copies on the first day/week, but will GREATLY be outsold by brawl in the long run

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
ya, all my friends who own a 360, dog the wii
they think halo is the greatest, but compared to brawl, halo is nothing

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Brawl ***** Halo.

But then again the 360 *****, molests, spreads it's STD's, leaves Wii knocked up and never calls again.

The argument of not being able to buy M rated games is actually a pro. There's nothing worse than playing the 360 when some 15 year old kis comes into the match and acts like an idiot. If you can't even buy the game because of your age, you shouldn't be allowed to go online with it in the first place, for us players sake.

And the argument of Microsoft out to make money........ is that seriously a bad thing????? I never heard of a company that is NOT a non for profit organization, that creates and sells products with the intent of NOT making money.

Just play Mario Strikers on the Wii online and then go play the crappiest online game 360 has and that right there is enough to convince you what's better. I love Nintendo and I grew up with it, but the Wii failed hard with no headsets, and it's 20 step process of secret codes just to play with someone.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The way I see it

Wii + 360 [+ PS3] > any one of the previous by itself.

Instead of being stuck up [most of my friends are like this] and limiting yourself to some ******** form of fanboyism you could just enjoy the best of what each console has to offer instead of looking at the situation as some sort of war. Games are meant to be fun, not outlets for fanboyism.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
The way I see it

Instead of being stuck up [most of my friends are like this] and limiting yourself to some ******** form of fanboyism you could just enjoy the best of what each console has to offer instead of looking at the situation as some sort of war. Games are meant to be fun, not outlets for fanboyism.

Yea, I see it as Nintendo's Smahs and Zelda franchises ****, then again so does 360's awesome online. And the PS# is just good for Blue Ray even though I only have a few.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
The wii is by far the greatest system ever in my opinion
You forgot these pros for the wii
Backwards compadable to gamecube games
Wii News
Wii Weather
Everybody votes
Photo Channel
Mii Channel
Every time a wii is turned on, an angel gets its wings
And the Wii can have really amazing graphics, just look at Metroid Prime 3

And you forgot these cons for the 360
That one Bomberman game (it just took my childhood, ripped it half and then stepped on it...)
Its not a wii >_>

But seriously, everyone I know who plays a wii, loves it and wants to get one, so, restating what some other people's opinions were.. Wii>360>PS3

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
It's not the consoles that rule.

Its the games.

They all have fantastic games on all of the systems, and if i could afford it, i would buy a 360 and a ps3 along with my wii.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I think you forgot to add "33% chance what it will blow up" under cons for the 360.

Kryptonite X

Smash Cadet
Wii is made a a committed, beyond excellent company who produced some of the best games you'll ever play since 1985.

XBox is made by a company owned by Bill Gates, out to make money and nothing else.

......what?

Nintendo right now currently has the worst quality control team bar none. The 360 this year probably has one of the greatest fall lineups ever.

Since when is nintendo not out to get money and nothing else? At least back up your facts if you are going to spray BS everywhere.

EDIT: There are a lot of nintendo fanboys on this site obviously, but some are really blinded too much by fanboyism. I own both a wii and a 360, and I can honestly say I'm incredibly dissapointed with my wii as there is basically nothing to play on it, and no online whatsoever.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Wii and Brawl win, no competition (though I DO really like Halo 3, but thats probably the only game on 360)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I heard Nintendo is actually making more money due to low manufacturing costs for the Wii and those games on VC bring in a lot of money too. If anything Nintendo is looking to make more money.

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I have a Wii and I love it, and when Brawl comes out, I will probably be playing my wii nonstop. But I also wan't a 360. I have a friend who has one and it is awesome. xbox 360 also has a much better online than the Wii, I would rather buy an awesome online with almost unlimited freedom, than to have free online with many restrictions.

But overall, I like the Wii more because it has more games that appeal to me than the 360. The 360 has great games like Halo 3 and Gears of War, But wii has so many more games that I will play more often, And the Wii has Super Smash Brothers which is my favorite series of all time.

So in conclusion: Wii>Xbox 360>PS3

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
I don't care much about which console is better, I'd just buy wii because I can play the game I love: SSBM (and in a couple of months, SSBB)

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
And the argument of Microsoft out to make money........ is that seriously a bad thing????? I never heard of a company that is NOT a non for profit organization, that creates and sells products with the intent of NOT making money.
Each Veyron is being sold for €1,100,000 (net pay, without taxes), prices vary by exchange rates and local taxes (like value added taxes). The production costs of the car are approximately £5 million per vehicle

€1,100,000 = £766,016.71

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Regarging The Systems: I have a wii all i can say is that The majority of the games do suck. It's game's like Zelda, Metriod and Mario that remind me why i got the system but that can only go for so long. I would have to say that wii is overall a better system from free internet to download able content. people are worried that the wii is just a fad and thus don't want to spend quality time on wii games as in something like 360 is more traditional and simple to work with but the wii does have it's strong points

360 has a nice line-up assassins creed to call of duty 4, it's going to be a nice fall for 360 users.Common misunderstanding with 360 fee for online your not paying for online you are paying for QUALITY online. that means no having to deal with lag. Yeah 360 has the red ring the fixed the problem get over it now people

Regarding the Games

Halo I for one don't see whats so special about halo, it has your average rocket launcher to your flamethrower. i don't know if it is the story that makes people love the game but i honestly the greatness in the game it just seems like another sci-fi multilayer shooter.

Brawl Very unique game style, something different from your average 2D/3D fighter. A Simple concept of gameplay easy to pick up and yet so complex all at the same time.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice

This comment is so ignorant I cried. :urg:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Brawl does own Halo, but still you cannot say that the Wii system beats out the 360.

I know the whole site is full of Nintendo fanboys, even though I'm partly one of them, but come on people.

360's graphics kill Wii's, it has downloadable themes, you can take an image off the computer and put it as your background, FREE demos of most games to play, shows, movies, clips for d/l (some free, some pay). I never used it, but it has the Windows Media center to link to your PC.

The bigges tthing of all is XBL. Headset, you can tlak to anyone about anyhting, anytime. I would be playing Gears of war with friends and we can talk about movies, personal stuff with friends, and just about anyhting during a match, not to mention the great communication for a tactical game. The Wii won't let you save people you play (in Strikers) as friends. You can't even communicate with them at all. In Brawl, you can type out a short text to your FRIENDS, but once again you just play random people and never hear from them again.

Brawl>>>>> Halo
Nintendo franchises > MS franchises
BUT.......... 360 System> Wii system

Tagxy

Smash Lord
The way I see it

Alright Mr. Spoiled Rich, you can continue to live in your fantasy world where none of this matters. But for those limited to one console, it's important.
halo3+360>brawl+wii
Halo isnt unique at all.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has different opinions, we're comparing apples and oranges after all. IMO, both games are great, and I plan to enjoy them for what they are.

And I don't know about you guys but I'm not getting paid to defend my preferred console. :p

Big One

Smash Cadet
Har har har! @ biased people.

The 360 is the best of the three systems so far, having the most solid titles on it to date. Most of the games (except for a few like Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 and upcoming games like Galaxy and Brawl) on the Wii are mostly party games, nothing of interest for the gamer crowd who like to be challenged greatly with solid gameplay.

Brawl is going to be better than Halo 3, though. Halo is just an overrated series that's pulled off well but nothing compared to, say, Half-Life 2. Halo 3 is a good game, Brawl will be a masterpiece, and is almost worth buying a Wii just for the game.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Halo is.....just bad. I played one level of it over by my friends house (owns a Wii so she is not a complete n00b). It wasn't much as far as 1st person shooters go, but it would be hard to make a bad FPS. I think it was more the atmosphere, in MP your fighting in buildings in a cluasterphobic area, whereas Halo is very open. That is just my personal opion. If I got a 360 I would get Halo in a heartbeat to play it all through, but as for now its kinda lame.

Wii>360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
First and foremost:
Halo is not "overrated," unless you're judging that by its core fan base--in which case, every game is "overrated."

Secondly:
I love Nintendo. All my game systems, except for the ps2 for some Final Fantasy action and my recent 360 acquisition, have been nintendo systems. I use my DS regularly. I think Melee is one of the best games ever made.

However, Xbox did things right. They didn't neccessarily do anything revolutionary--online multiplayer, even on consoles, existed long before M$. Downloading games was commonplace on PC. Videos, High-def, console hard drives, wireless controllers--none of that was anything new. But what they did was take each of those things and do them right.

By the same token, Halo 3 has done the same thing. It isn't a revolutionary game--but it does things right. It has a comfortable control system, great online, good story. It has a good development team, good graphics, good physics. The lighting is the best of any game available, saved films and screenshots are amazing. In-game map editing is a blast. The level design is solid, as is enemy AI. Halo 3 set standards. How many games have released since where you couldn't melee with any weapon?

The point is, Halo 3 and Smash are not far apart. Smash is no more revolutionary than Halo, and they are both GOTY candidates.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
im not saying this because i am biased against the 360, but i actually like the wii more solely based on games. Am i the only one out there who thinks GoW is way overrated and Halo one player is meh.... Actually now that i think about it, my official stance is that they are tied in gameplay because the 360 now has the orange box which is like OMG WTF I AM BELONG TO IT! and it has bioshock, oblivion, and the metal gear solid games are also going to be released for it to the extent of my knowledge (im a huge mgs fan). Nintendo equates those games with Zelda, Brawl, Galaxy, Trauma Center (omg co-op in the new one), resident evil 4 wii edition, disaster day of crisis, de blob, metriod 3, and guilty gear xx accent core (not all games out yet).

...im sorry for my sloppy train of thought

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of both Halo and Brawl, and I'd say that both of the games have their own strong and weak points.

Halo 3 is amazing, and it may not be very unique, but it's fun. My friends and I can easily spend as much time playing it as we will play Brawl. The 360 also has better features than the Wii, mentioned earlier in this thread.

Brawl will also be amazing; while the graphics aren't as (should I say) "realistic" as Halo, the overall concept is decent, and the originality is pretty good. The Wii may not have as many features, but I'd say that Brawl attracts a larger audience than Halo 3 did.

It basically comes down to the system that the games are on (where the 360 beats the Wii) and the people that play it (where Brawl will probably have even more fans than Halo, because of the different games all the characters come from, as well as the cost of the game, the system, and the difficulty level).

Halo: 1
Brawl: 1

They cancel each other out. It's a tie.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
www.under10s.com

Its not a forum for you to go and **** litte children - its a forum where you can go and talk to other 10 year olds your age. You can also have fun playing the new teletubbies game and also talk about what you think will happen to yo once you finally reached puberity.

Halo > Smash.
Microsoft > Nintendo
Bungie > Sakurai

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I'm biased against Halo, but whatever. Halo 3 (the few hours I've played of it) seemed better than the previous games of the series. Personally, I prefer Smash to Halo... or just about any game (speaking multiplayer, of course).

To put it briefly, the Wii needs better third-party support (by that I mean great titles by third-party, not tons of low-quality titles) before it can truly be considered an excellent system for core gamers. Right now, it just has a few standout titles for core gamers.

Aside from massive hardware failures (which is why I have a PS3 after trying to own a 360), Microsoft did a -lot- of stuff correctly with the 360. I personally feel the PS3 isn't bad (price and 360's 1-year headstart at the main issues, and price has been dropped) at all. Their online service seems pretty good, they share a lot of great titles with the 360, and exclusives (which are a two-way street) don't matter as much if the great games you play aren't even the exclusives - they're still great games.

pmak187

Smash Cadet
It depends. (that's always the correct answer). For online gaming, xbox360 is ages ahead of the Wii. For FPS, the xbox360 has proven itself, whereas there hasnt really been any competitive FPS on the wii.

wii is certianly a better "party system". as nintendo intended, anyone can have fun playing the wii, which i find is so true. Since I have a lot of non-gamer friends, i intend to purchase a wii instead of a 360. IMO 360 is sort of a play-by-yourself-online system but with a wii u can play with chicks.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
The fanboys cause me to hate the 360, most of them are just simple minded trolling 12 year olds either always crying hack or t-bagging after one kill. Anyway, yes it is overrated and that's not simply due to the fan basis of the game, look at the commercials on t.v.

Though one thing I don't understand why do we compare one system to another or one game to another as some have said they each have their own high points. An Fps vs. a fighting you can't really compare the two, I find them to be vastly to different like the 360 compared to wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom