• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

35= Debunked

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I hate these supporters of the 35 roster. "GET OVER IT NUB LAWL!" "DENIAL!" They think they have proof because a couple of *******s at several different sites agreed with the same lie. I will gladly say I don't believe this roster. I say that because I do not think Sakurai is that stupid and full of such misjudgment that he would select that to be the playable roster in the final smash bros game. And if I'm right, we get to have a cool roster and I get to rub it in the *******'s faces. If I'm wrong, I'll be far too pissed off with the horrible roster to ever care about its supporters rubbing MY face in it.

courte

Smash Lord
the fact that people expect R.O.B.... when they look at these characters, they don't just pick people with a history

they pick people who'm are known to have fighting ability

it's common knowledge why the R.O.B.'s have projectiles... They are slow. as slow as they are in real life; Sakurai and Nintendo have no problem poking fun at themselves... the same argument goes for pac-man and bomberman--gaming staples yes, but are they anywhere as iconic as Sonic?? Even Solid snake's creator had to beg for his inclusion...

Hagane>R.O.B. that's just common robot math, since all robots know ninja's P.W.N., a Cyborg Ninja [cough gray fox is just a little bit left of a dude in a really nice suit] is automatic win even though HE won't make it in as well...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
That's not the same thing at all, smart arse. The Mario Strikers trophy represents a completely different series. Just like Doctor Mario (who is probably a trophy in Brawl).

Wind Waker Link is a different matter entirely. They're not going to make a trophy just for Link's alternate clothing. Otherwise they may as well go the whole hog and give us one of Link's plain clothes from Twilight Princess, one of him in his Zora tunic, another of him wearing the rupee armour. Where does it end? Unless they're scraping the barrel when it comes to trophies, then I say that's all there is for WW Link in Brawl.

Also, would they really show a trophy of him (albeit not his "Smash" one) knowing full well that he's also playable? I don't think they would.

Blimey, some of you people get so bloody childish and arsey over these things. If you think I don't have a point then simply point out the flaw in my logic, and we can discuss it.
your calling me names and you think im childish. All I did was point out your argument doesn't work. Think about it your saying that he is deconfirmed when there are possibilities like they are scrapping the barrel for trophies or ww link has an alt costume for that outfit and there are proably more. So the point is he isn't deconfirmed because there are possibilities. By the way I point out they flaw in your logic. The fact strikers is another series barely helps you because its still mario.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
The enemy ROBs are red, while the actual ROB toy is black.

Just saying.

I always thought ROB would make a fantastic character (it's even listed on my ancient thread of potentials to expect), but not in a roster like this. Not at all.
Actually, the ROBs in Brawl use the Japanese color scheme. If ROB was playable he would have alternate colors, and ROB would likely be the right color for North America in SSE since he would have BOTH color schemes available!

courte

Smash Lord
OMG Nintendo's 3 most successful franchises had Clones... will they return, will they be redone!?

Mario-Mario=/=Paper Mario
Pokemon-Pikachu=/=Pichu Bros... thing
Zelda-Link=/=WW Link
all potential for brand new characters... to the people saying that replications are a waste of a "more deserving character spot" what's more deserving... the games that bomb so badly, no one recognizes the char?? MAYBE WE SHOULD PUT GIEST IN CUZ HE'S NOT MARIO!?!!

honestly people--we all know Popularity does matter

Serph

Smash Journeyman
your calling me names and you think im childish. All I did was point out your argument doesn't work. Think about it your saying that he is deconfirmed when there are possibilities like they are scrapping the barrel for trophies or ww link has an alt costume for that outfit and there are proably more. So the point is he isn't deconfirmed because there are possibilities. By the way I point out they flaw in your logic. The fact strikers is another series barely helps you because its still mario.
I called you a smartarse because that's how you're acting. If you thought my opinion was wrong then you should've just come out and said so. There was no need for all that sarcastic palaver.

Again, why would they show the WW Link trophy knowing full-well that he's also a hidden character? Even if it is just a separate trophy for his plain clothes guise, they still wouldn't do it.

My "Mario Strikers is a separate series" argument is perfectly valid, because nobody is suggesting that "Mario Striker Mario" is going to be playable in Brawl. The only similarities between the WW Link and MS Mario trophies is that they're both of characters who've already been announced (Link and Mario), albeit in different guises. They wouldn't show off a trophy of a character who has yet to be revealed as playable.

You can believe what you like, but personally I've never really though cel-shaded Link had a chance of making it into this game, which is why I've always doubted "leaked" line-ups which include him.

engagequadlaser

Smash Rookie
I'm going to laugh at the smashboards when that turns out to be the full roster.

Oh wait, I'm already laughing at the smashboards.

/laugh

Mess

Smash Cadet
35 characters just seems so... small. The way Sakurai worded certain things, he made it sound like the roster would be massive.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm going to laugh at the smashboards when that turns out to be the full roster.

Oh wait, I'm already laughing at the smashboards.

/laugh
If your laughing at this than go to the Nsider2 forums for Smash.

. . .They are saying it's deconfirmed because some Japanese member has cailmed that in the Famusti(sp) mag (the last one to release) that Sakurai said he was going to have Gard be a PC but thought she was too much like Mew2 so she got balled and that SSE is 240 hours long with 5 hours each character. No scans, no pics, she is the only one saying this, was also banned for being a racist/ racist rants on the old Nsider forums after Lyn (her fav char) got ATed.

Yep. . .thats a place to either lol at or wonder how desperate/ "un-smart" some people are.

Zek

Smash Ace
Why would anybody believe a roster with ROB in it in the first place? ROB is barely better than Ashley.
Because the sources that claim he's in are credible. Those of us who base our opinions on more than just what we want to believe have noticed that the 35 character rumor has a ton of solid evidence behind it. Why would someone trying to fake a believable roster add R.O.B.? Sakurai already added a WTF retro character that nobody would have asked for once.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
ridley-krystal-geno-k. rool

very surprised they didnt make the cut

chibi-robo = better wtf robot than either kind of rob.

but this roster is real, and right now the concern should be this: will SSE suck ooftang becuase of lack of chars, or will the chars still be in sse, not just be playable?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
It's not the quantity, it's the quality. Sakurai could make an ***-kicking roster with 35. But then he chose R.O.B. and some other questionables.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
A lot of tears are being shed in this thread, thanks for the laugh guys. :p Can't believe how many people would be upset with that roster, bunch of babies.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
No?

R.O.B. could very well be a big R.O.B. leading the R.O.B. Squad. As said, the ROB Squad moves in multiple numbers, so there must be somebody controlling them, right? So there could very well be a boss battle with a bigger ROB, who is then unlocked after you beat him.
doesn't matter either way that pic. with that roster was fake, it said captain olimar and showed a different picture than the dojo while all the other confirmed charcters showed their dojo pics.

Besides if you see the starting roster pic. at brawlcentral it also shows Pikmin & Olimar with the pikmin in hand

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
this is a fake, people need to realize also that if there are more hidden characters, more than 35 that is, i'm sure they will make room for them on the character selection screen, simply making the screen bigger as you unlock characters or making the pics smaller, though the latter of the two is more unlikely. Everyone needs to stop guessing how many people there are any wait one more week when everything gets released.

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
this is a fake, people need to realize also that if there are more hidden characters, more than 35 that is, i'm sure they will make room for them on the character selection screen, simply making the screen bigger as you unlock characters or making the pics smaller, though the latter of the two is more unlikely. Everyone needs to stop guessing how many people there are any wait one more week when everything gets released.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Because the sources that claim he's in are credible. Those of us who base our opinions on more than just what we want to believe have noticed that the 35 character rumor has a ton of solid evidence behind it. Why would someone trying to fake a believable roster add R.O.B.? Sakurai already added a WTF retro character that nobody would have asked for once.
You know, all these people are spouting that they've come from these incredibly reliable sources. I've never heard of any of these people. Thats not to say they didn't predict anything but could someone please post their track record? I know PortratOfRuins, he/she predicted things for Castlevania but anything else? as for Marksman and Reno all i've heard is "they predicted things from other fighting games" well what kind of things and what fighting games? I mean if they predicted Yoda and Vader in Soul Calibur I might give them more credit. But if they predicted a roster/characters from some game like Bloody Roar that barely any one plays then I wouldn't be as likely to believe them. I mean have any of these people even "leaked" something from an actual Nintendo game? Even once?

Top Bottom