• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

300 HP Stamina Matches

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
If you haven't tried it out, it's actually pretty interesting. You focus more on actual tactics rather than spamming F-Smash. (although you have to turn off Smash Balls, Dragoon, Tomato and Heart Container for obvious reasons)

Although 300 HP is a little low (I would have prefered 500 HP), it's a large improvement from Melee's 150 HP matches.

It's even more fun if you turn off Percentage Display, meaning that HP is not shown. It's a true fight to the death.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That sure has been a big improvement, but the handicap does need to be ON if you want to adjust your stamina.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
hehe yes this is the only way to call it somewhat of a fighter, You need to hit your oponent until you defeat him. Not fancy tricks for pushing him. hehe and before yuo call me a noob, is me the one who needs to stop using those tricks with my friends. hehe

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
hehe yes this is the only way to call it somewhat of a fighter, You need to hit your oponent until you defeat him. Not fancy tricks for pushing him. hehe and before yuo call me a noob, is me the one who needs to stop using those tricks with my friends. hehe
Tricks? You mean like, attacking the opponent? Playing the game in stock? How it originally was? Im just trying to clarify why "hit your oponent until you defeat him" as you put it, doesnt include knocking your oppnent off the stage.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
You are a noob. I doubt Kendo, Sumo Wrestling, Judo, Karate and Fencing consider pushing an opponent out of a ring "Fancy Tricks." You also had stuff like Virtual Fighter and Soul Calibur where pushing an opponent out was a legal tactic. It's called a fighting game for a reason, do some research before hand.

Quit trying to make this MvC.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
well, very well deserved attacks I just wrote as a jerk.

What I mean, in no other fighting game I was able to win without landing even one hit, as I did two days ago , I just dodged and taunted with game and watch untill the oponent fell using wolf's sideB.

I won without even pressing one attack button. You tell me another game where that is posible in a real fight, and I'll be officialy served.

edit: I didn't think I need to emphazise REAL fight, since the oponent was a true human pro-melee user, and to fall in virtua fighter, soul calibur and even some stages like falling cliffs in MK Armageddon, you need to willingly walk to te edge.

but indeed, you seem to be very ready to defend your point, so I consider myself totally served. and satisfied

Atrion

Smash Apprentice
im assuming you play SF, but smash isnt SF so why try to make it like that. You can win with ring outs in VF as another example for ya. On another note how bad was the kid you were playing? and if it was a comp why even post about beating that.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace

What I mean, in no other fighting game I was able to win without landing even one hit, as I did two days ago , I just dodged and taunted with game and watch untill the oponent fell using wolf's sideB.

I won without even pressing one attack button. You tell me another game where that is posible in a real fight, and I'll be officialy served.
ANY game with a 'ring out' feature, such as Soul Calibur, The opponent 'accidentally' leaving the ring. resulting in a loss, is the same as, in this case, your opponent 'accidentally' using Wolf's side b at the wrong time, resulting in a loss. Both situations are based on the opponent's error of judgement.

There where no 'fancy tricks' on your part. You didnt use 'fancy tricks' to knock the opponent off the stage.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l

Jump Ultimate Starts there your served

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I don't like it because playing defensive in a stamina match means ACTUALLY being defensive, i.e. avoiding attacks at all costs. In a time/stock match, the game always seems to favor those characters good at getting KOs, but as long as a player stays defensive and chooses his actions wisely, he can easily overcome a character good at getting KOs. In a stamina match, characters who are good at racking up damage and characters good at pursuit will always win, unless you can chip away with projectiles... the fights wouldn't be very interesting.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Yeah... Zinger started the thread to say that Stamina mode is fun. Then another guy said that non-Stamina mode is a version of the game not worthy of being called a fighter. And then everyone told that guy he was wrong. And then here we are.

I think stamina mode is fun too. It's kinda neat because the weight doesn't change with damage very much.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Yeah... Zinger started the thread to say that Stamina mode is fun. Then another guy said that non-Stamina mode is a version of the game not worthy of being called a fighter. And then everyone told that guy he was wrong. And then here we are.

I think stamina mode is fun too. It's kinda neat because the weight doesn't change with damage very much.
"You focus more on actual tactics rather than spamming F-Smash." is the quote taken from Zinger's first post.

The implication was, 'play this way, because your way is inferior'.

Top Bottom