• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 questions about SSBB-Marth

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Hi

I've been reading a lot of posts in the past days, but I still have some questions about Marth:
1. His Dair is still a spike, right? It wasn't in the german PAL-version, so it would be amazing to have a spike now :D
Can someone post a video showing a sweetspotted Dair? I haven't seen one in those vids I watched... maybe I''m watching the wrong vids.
2. Is the third move of his side B still a meteor? (You know, the one where you press down :chuckle:)
Again: Has anyone seen a vid of a Marth hitting an opponent with this attack?
3. Is his reverse dolphin slash still useful? Or does it even have knockback and damage, or was it a "bug" in SSBM?
A vid for this would be nice, but it's no necessarity (sheesh, is that spelling correct? Weird word)

Thanks in advance,
Mobbin

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Hi

I've been reading a lot of posts in the past days, but I still have some questions about Marth:
1. His Dair is still a spike, right? It wasn't in the german PAL-version, so it would be amazing to have a spike now :D
Can someone post a video showing a sweetspotted Dair? I haven't seen one in those vids I watched... maybe I''m watching the wrong vids.
2. Is the third move of his side B still a meteor? (You know, the one where you press down :chuckle:)
Again: Has anyone seen a vid of a Marth hitting an opponent with this attack?
3. Is his reverse dolphin slash still useful? Or does it even have knockback and damage, or was it a "bug" in SSBM?
A vid for this would be nice, but it's no necessarity (sheesh, is that spelling correct? Weird word)

Thanks in advance,
Mobbin
1. PAL isn't restricted to germany, and it was a meteor cancel in PAL, so it still spiked. I'm not sure if you can meteor cancel it in Brawl

2. I don't know.

3. Reverse up b moves are not "bugs." Reverse Dolphin slash was useful because the tip of marth's sword started out behind him, meaning an instant tipper if they were next to him. I'm not sure of reverse dolphin slash's hitobxes in brawl.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
3. Reverse up b moves are not "bugs." Reverse Dolphin slash was useful because the tip of marth's sword started out behind him, meaning an instant tipper if they were next to him. I'm not sure of reverse dolphin slash's hitobxes in brawl.
I don't know about the reverse dolphin slash, but the normal dolphin slash looks like a viable KO tool and I think it has more range than it did in Melee.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
1. PAL isn't restricted to germany, and it was a meteor cancel in PAL, so it still spiked. I'm not sure if you can meteor cancel it in Brawl
Yeah, sorry. I wasn't sure if there were other PAL versions than the one I used to play.
Do Australians have the same version, by the way?

2. I don't know.
Alright, then hope someone replies to this xD

That's why I wrote "bug" with speech marks (is that the name for these things ><? You know what I mean). It could not be intended, that the blade started behind Marth. But that's not what I was interested in, I only wanted to know if you can still use Marth reverse dolphin slash to kill :p

Anyways, thanks for your response.
greetz

Edit: @Fly_Amanita: Thanks for your answer, that's really good news :)

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
That's why I wrote "bug" with speech marks (is that the name for these things ><? You know what I mean). It could not be intended, that the blade started behind Marth. But that's not what I was interested in, I only wanted to know if you can still use Marth reverse dolphin slash to kill :p

Anyways, thanks for your response.
greetz

Edit: @Fly_Amanita: Thanks for your answer, that's really good news :)
They're called quotation marks, and yes, reverse up b moves *were* intended. If you look at it in slow mo, you see that the beginning is the same as a regular dolphin slash, but he turns around as he jumps up.

Lol wtf Fly posted?

Irow

Smash Ace
Dolphin Slash is still viable as a KO move.

Please, please, please, no more threads asking questions that should be asked in the Q&A thread.

Top Bottom