• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 new character confirmation?(not the lucario,ness,jigs)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
really would you rather have ridley and disprove the 35 char roster or would you rather unlock jiggs the same way again? I want it to be true but take it with a grain of salt just like all rumors.

FiveLeafClover

Smash Cadet
I'd say that 'finishing SSE with Samus' = finishing her section, and Falco's unlock conditions could be that you either kill 100 alloys OR last 15 minutes (i.e. you could go into 100 man melee and run away for 15 minutes, or go into 15 minute melee and kill 100 alloys). I'm just basing that off what the various translators I use say however.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The site is pretty credible. Of course, it depends on how credible the source was. We'll have to see. I think it's likely (but where is Capt. Falcon).

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
IT'S JAPANESE.

OH MY GOD, IT MUST BE TRUE.

The 35 roster came from people that have had clout for years.

We don't know any of this for sure and we aren't positive if these are "rumors" or not. They aren't flat out confirmations if you can't understand the language, seeing as how they could simply say "hay guise, here's some rumors of how some rumored characters may be unlocked!"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Supposedly, Mr. Lee Road is like a Super-Serebii in Japan, he has a lot of credibility and respect in Japan, which is why this site is treating what he is saying as actual spoilers. I don't know why we have not gotten a better translation of this yet considering that if there is truth to it, it would instantly deconfirm the 35 character roster. Ugh, these past several days have been going by far too slowly. Nevertheless, the 31st will be the longest we will have to wait regarding the roster. The game should be released in Hong Kong in a day or two, which may mean we will be getting our first leaks with proof in a day or two. We are in the home stretch, six years of speculation and hoping are drawing to a close....

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Supposedly, Mr. Lee Road is like a Super-Serebii in Japan, he has a lot of credibility and respect in Japan, which is why this site is treating what he is saying as actual spoilers. I don't know why we have not gotten a better translation of this yet considering that if there is truth to it, it would instantly deconfirm the 35 character roster. Ugh, these past several days have been going by far too slowly. Nevertheless, the 31st will be the longest we will have to wait regarding the roster. The game should be released in Hong Kong in a day or two, which may mean we will be getting our first leaks with proof in a day or two. We are in the home stretch, six years of speculation and hoping are drawing to a close....
A Super-Serebii eh? Hoorah @ that factor. I'm glad that you recognize him because many people are probably doubtful since they don't know about any of his credibility. =D

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I sure hope this is real. Ridley being confirmed would not only deconfirm the 35 character roster for good, but also make it seem more likely that other characters like Geno and Krystal made it in too.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
So, site with good history run by a guy with a history *at least* comparable to Serebii's... It surely makes the 35-roster wobble a little.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
So, site with good history run by a guy with a history *at least* comparable to Serebii's... It surely makes the 35-roster wobble a little.
Whatever his history is, the Japanese seem to be taking it as fact. I agree that it definitely doesn't make the 35 NeoGAF roster feel as solid as it has been.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
The NeoGAF members are only human, and even a mod is just as capable as any other person to come up with a fake roster (I'm a mod on another forum, and I'm still not a robot or anything :p)

This is what makes me beleive the NeoGAF one is just as believable as any other.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Ugh....January is going by too slowly...just thinking back now the while Chaos Zero event happened less than a month ago, and the bombarmant of leaks are just as young. I hope this is legit. ROB sucks, and I know Sakurai wouldnt **** the fans over again

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Says something about 100-man melee, surviving for 15 mins to make him appear. (I don't know why it says both 100-man Melee and surviving for 15 mins)
Someone might have already said this, I didn't read all of the posts, but isn't it possible that you might have to complete 100-man melee within 15 minutes? They did that with battling Giga Bowser/Crazy Hand in Melee. Well, you know what they say. All toasters toast toast.:ohwell:

Reyairia

Smash Champion
if what this guy says is true (and it seems he has a lot of credibility) then that would deconfirm the 35 character roster, which would make me happy:)
You're not the only one who would be jumping for joy on that one.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Well, there's still the possibility that the information is from someone posing as this Mr. Lee Road...

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Even though it doesn't matter to me either way, I'd really like to see Ridley make the cut. I'm a big fan of the 2d Metroid games and the Ridley fights were always something to look forward to

S2

Smash Lord
I don't see why people hate the 35 character roster so much?

That's a perfectly reasonable number for a fighting game. Seriously, Brawl already has more new characters than most fighting games get over several iterations.

Some people are just greedy I guess. The only thing I really disliked about the "leak" was the lack of M2. Why would they take out a perfectly good character with a unique moveset is beyond me.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why people hate the 35 character roster so much?

That's a perfectly reasonable number for a fighting game. Seriously, Brawl already has more new characters than most fighting games get over several iterations.

Some people are just greedy I guess. The only thing I really disliked about the "leak" was the lack of M2. Why would they take out a perfectly good character with a unique moveset is beyond me.
Lol you're not looking hard enough. It's because there's hardly any surprise unlockable characters. Only three. Wolf, Lucario and R.O.B. Lucario was already leaked so we only have 2 newcomers to unlock and look forward to, seeing as it's confirmed that the dojo characters (excluding Snake and Sonic) are the starting roster. SSB64 surprised us with characters like Capt. Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff and Luigi the first time around. Melee surprised us with Japanese release characters as hidden characters. This time around there are no hidden Japanese release characters? That in itself is a travesty if I ever did see one. It's the quality, not the quantity that counts, and I think we can all agree that R.O.B. failed as a prephiral to the NES so obviously nobody would want him in Brawl. That's my 2 cents. =]

Shuma

Smash Hero
That's a perfectly reasonable number for a fighting game.
**** that, this game must have more characters than Tenkaichi 3.

/sarcasm

The 35 roster is fine. But it's fake.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
The NeoGAF members are only human, and even a mod is just as capable as any other person to come up with a fake roster (I'm a mod on another forum, and I'm still not a robot or anything :p)
Does your other forum have that much integrity behind it and has had a long history of correct leaks?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
yea the problem isn't 35 characters its very few secret newcomers ALOT of secret veterans and not much diversity at all:

zss samus instead of ridley when we have samus
ww link instead of midna when we have link
fox/falco/and wolf over krystal who could use a staff and is a girl
lucas and ness
ike and marth blue haired swordsman #1 or #2? instead of miciaih(spelling?) who's female and different

not that i don't want marth ww link and ness it's just with a "tight fitting" 35 character roster we can't have so many similar characters they need to be cut to make room for unique characters.

even if they airn't clones (and lets PRAY they airn't) they are VERY similar to an existing characters "style" where as some one else could have brought more flavor to the line up...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I hate the argument of "lolool it's a female". But whatever, i think they should kick falco out and have Wolf and Krystal.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I hate the argument of "lolool it's a female". But whatever, i think they should kick falco out and have Wolf and Krystal.
WE REQUIRE MORE GENDER EQUALITY. /zerg voice

Krystal's an awkward topic. Her fan base is filled to the brim with furries. It's kind of disappointing, because I like her character.

I guess they're going for Falco and Wolf, if the roster's true, because Sakurai stated he wanted ally/villains to compliment characters that already existed.

And seeing as how Falco's pretty much Fox's right hand man and was the side-by-side lead in most of the games (the cocky wingman to complement the straight laced ace pilot), Falco's huge popularity sort of places him above Krystal. He wasn't on the poll because naturally he was already in a previous game.

So that leaves an antagonist. Namely, Wolf.

Shuma

Smash Hero
In my opinion, Falco should be out, Wolf and Krystal in, is the best option. besides, it really makes no sense to have Wolf AND Falco.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Hey not every krystal fan is a furry. I am not.
"Filled to the brim." Figure of speech. I like her too. Just saying, if you take a look around at fan sites, many are quite eerie. I just don't like a character's popularity being partially dominant due to a paraphilia.

In my opinion, Falco should be out, Wolf and Krystal in, is the best option. besides, it really makes no sense to have Wolf AND Falco.
Well, I'm certainly inclined to agree if they don't have unique move sets, which I'm certain both probably will if they're in. I just meant from a character breakdown perspective, not gameplay.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think there will be 3 reps, fox, krystal and falco. I believe this leak.

RIDLEYYYYYY

Top Bottom