• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 Best Falcos Right Now

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
I want to discuss the 3 best Falco players in the world right now. I'll start by discussing who I think the top 3 are, and I want to here your feedback. I think the best is Falcomaster PPMD. This is argued very seldom, as his Falco has been dominant for a long time and is not getting any worse; if anything, the Marth is improving so much that the Falco isn't seeing as much action (and attention) as it used to. But it still wrecks. Mango has the second best Falco in my opinion. Though, he typically uses it for one matchup and infrequently uses it for others, the one matchup he uses it for (Fox) is considered to be increasingly in Fox's favor, and he is typically very dominant at the matchup. In the infrequent instances when he uses it for other matchups, it is nearly as successful as his Fox. The third best Falco is probably Westballz, as he has unparalleled tech skill and has seen some very good results, but occasionally he does weird **** like lose to Eddy Mexico at Apex, or even Jake13 at LTC2. I think that Westballz's good results are far more common than the bad, and that no other dedicated Falcos come close to him, so he's 3rd.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
I think it's undisputed hat Mango and PP are the 2 best Falco's in the world right now. Whoever is #1 or #2 depends on the their play at the tournament. Westballz, despite his touted technical skill, is very inconsistent. Zhu has been improving as of late. There just aren't a lot of high-level Falco players like it used to be. Old school players such as DaShizWiz and PC Chris have looked really good despite their hiatus.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
I think it's undisputed hat Mango and PP are the 2 best Falco's in the world right now. Whoever is #1 or #2 depends on the their play at the tournament. Westballz, despite his touted technical skill, is very inconsistent. Zhu has been improving as of late. There just aren't a lot of high-level Falco players like it used to be. Old school players such as DaShizWiz and PC Chris have looked really good despite their hiatus.
Couldn't agree any more about Zhu improving. If anyone could be here instead of Westballz, it would definitely be Zhu. But, for now, advantage Westballz imo.

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Yea we all know PP and Mango's Falco's are already top 2. Honestly, I think Zhu has a good shot at number 3.

Doser

Smash Ace
The top Falcos are definitely Mango, PP, Westballz, and Zhu. It would be interesting to see who people think is the #5 falco.

There's Frootloop, Porkchops, Shiz, Larry, and probably others that could compete for that.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Its indisputable that Mang0 and PP are the 2 best.
For 3rd best who actually plays falco in tournament, i would say westballz is indisputable with the results he has shown currently.
Leffen also has a really good falco as well, beating westballz a lot when they played friendlies on stream. Axe also has a very good looking falco.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Based on some of his recent results, Larry might be #5, which is incredible because he plays other games, too.

m0ll0y

Smash Cadet
Westballz Falco has soo much potential , that we don't see consistency enough , if he could get his **** together I could see him having possibly having a better Falco then mango

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
PC Chris mained falco in 2006 then fox afterwards. Please tell me you aren't saying that just because he beat Ken

Varist

Smash Lord
Playing falco is hard right now because he loses solidly to Fox and Marth and goes even with Sheik, has a nebulous matchup against Peach Puff and ICs, and beats Falcon slightly

PP picked up Marth because Marth covers the Marth and Fox matchups, the Peach Puff and ICs matchups, and he can swap to Falco for sheik and Falcon, which is exactly what he did at Apex.

So our 2 best falcos are dual mains at best and rarely play Falco at worst, Westballz is very inconsistent but is definitely the best chance Falco has for another player maining him, and there's no Falco that exists as a clear frontrunner for 4th because the only other Falco mains are localstompers

OninO

Smash Journeyman
I think PP originally picked up Marth for the Peach match up didn't he? Also I disagree with you that Falco loses to Fox and Marth.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Playing falco is hard right now because he loses solidly to Fox and Marth and goes even with Sheik, has a nebulous matchup against Peach Puff and ICs, and beats Falcon slightly

PP picked up Marth because Marth covers the Marth and Fox matchups, the Peach Puff and ICs matchups, and he can swap to Falco for sheik and Falcon, which is exactly what he did at Apex.

So our 2 best falcos are dual mains at best and rarely play Falco at worst, Westballz is very inconsistent but is definitely the best chance Falco has for another player maining him, and there's no Falco that exists as a clear frontrunner for 4th because the only other Falco mains are localstompers
4th best is Zhu. Guaranteed fact.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
Larry Lurr (DEHF)? Doesn't really matter since Falco mains are a dying breed.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
Did I come off as butthurt? I could care less about who's 4th, 5th, and on. I was just mentioning DEHF to fuel discussion.

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
Larry Lurr (DEHF)? Doesn't really matter since Falco mains are a dying breed.
Eh... I wouldn't say they're a dying breed, I just started with Melee, started with PM and Mario when I saw my friends playing it. Then started playing Melee (and this is coming from a new player) because it was the better game, it felt like going from checkers to Chess, speed chess. I was trying out Mario but couldn't use him because of the differences, then was told I couldn't learn Falco because of the tech skill required. (1560mins of training later) Falco main for life.

But I would agree that upon the top 3 Falco's, PPMD, Mango, Westballz (if he's playing good). I put PPMD at the top because he's relatively consistent, whereas Mango is a huge buster when he's not in it.

Last edited:

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
"Gets 4th", I don't see "Got 1st" do I?

4th is beyond respectable, I'm just saying, PPMD is more consistent lately.
Since when is 4th out of 1,037 not respectable? The top 6 have has nearly interchangeable tournament results, 4th is not garbage. Mango placed in the top .4%

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Its not what he placed; the result is amazing. Its the inconsistency between his GOAT level play and Buster level play that we have this Buster/GOAT perception. Even mang0 knows when he goes out like a buster.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
Its not what he placed; the result is amazing. Its the inconsistency between his GOAT level play and Buster level play that we have this Buster/GOAT perception. Even mang0 knows when he goes out like a buster.
So he goes out like a buster. I'm not saying he didn't go out poorly. But since when did when 1 tournament decide that the best player is suddenly crap because he didn't win? Also, I said PP's Falco was better anyway.

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
My point is, PPMD got 1st at Apex, Mango got 4th, that's why I put PPMD above Mango. That's what I was referencing when I said:
"Gets 4th", I don't see "Got 1st" do I?
If Mango had won 1st then the list would go Mango, PPMD, Westballz.

Varist

Smash Lord
pp didn't win apex using falco lmfao this is a best falco thread get your **** out of here

on top of that mango only played falco a few times in tournament what does either of their placings at apex have to do with who has the better falco

trilok

Smash Apprentice
PP didn't win with falco, but it seemed to help in certain matches such as against armada's fox in two games and against s2j primarily. If he would have faced Hbox, we'd see falco there too.

I don't think apex specifically says if either has the best falco. PPMD is complaining right now he can't play falco when he isn't in tip top tournament shape, and mang0 seems to hit his Buster level play with his falco during that tournament for because of any number of reasons. Inconsistency, or buster level play is not limited to just falco, it is a common phenomenon amongst both spacies that they have huge variance in tournament performance.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Lol Shiz is not a heavy hitter. He's really good in space animal dittos but he get crushed by everyone else that is good. The guy has been playing for 10+ years and still approaches people mindlessly at the edge.

daquist

Smash Rookie
Everyone is doubting on the Frootloop. He's getting good realllllllll fast

Top Bottom