• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 team idea

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
I need a suggestion for my 2v2 team, and this has been on the Q and A thread for about a week without an answer. I believe that gives me a permission to make a new thread. I'm done with my standard team and now I'm working on a 2v2 team. My favorite idea was pokes with water absorb...which while playing comps, I used 2 Vaporeons (as a test). They knew surf, protect, aqua ring, and one had acid armor and the other had haze. It was absolutely hysterical that surf would hit both my opponents and heal my partner. And with proper prediction, I would use protect to defend vs electric attacks. With some more careful thought, I feel like with the increased accuracy from rain dance, I can viably use Latern and Jolteon on this team. (Volt absorb with Discharge, or flat out thunder)

So the team is looking like this:

Lapras (Water Absorb)

Vaporeon (Water Absorb)

Quagsire (Water Absorb)

Jolteon (Volt Absorb)

Lantern (Volt Aborb)

The suggestions I need are possible movesets (Keep in mind that pokes with water absorb will have surf on them.), a sixth pokemon, and real theats that I should prepare for.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Your current post leaves us with so much information that's necessary. (EV's, natures, etc.)

Go full-depth and we'll see what we can do to help.

-Terywj

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
There are a lot of options for your last Pokemon. You could choose something else with Water absorb, but I don't think that's a good idea. I'd recommend choosing something that benefits from Rain Dance. A Swift Swimmer, or Ludicolo. But all that I've said is useless until you're more specific.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Well the reason why I left off IV's EV's and natures is because they will mostly just built as tanks. I can figure these out myself, but posting without that info is kinda like asking you guys to read my mind. XD Sorry.

And I'm trying to decide if they all should know protect or only a select few. Protect auto fails roar, right?

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
^An all tank team= bad idea. Well, maybe not that bad, but it will make your matches incredibly boring. You need at least one sweeper. Try making the two Eevelutions on your team sweepers. But then you still need a physical one....

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Lapras (Water Absorb)
EVs: 216 Def / 104 SAtk / 188 SDef
Calm

Vaporeon (Water Absorb)
I'm thinking Baton Pass with Aqua ring
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SAtk
Bold

Quagsire (Water Absorb)
Sassy. Idk

Jolteon (Volt Absorb)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid

Lantern (Volt Aborb)
Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 126 sp def/ 126 SAtk

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
^An all tank team= bad idea. Well, maybe not that bad, but it will make your matches incredibly boring. You need at least one sweeper. Try making the two Eevelutions on your team sweepers. But then you still need a physical one....
Actually my first standard team I made was an all tank/spike team. Yes the match goes on forever, but....I don't lose XD.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Stall is a perfectly viable form of competitive play.

You might wanna check out Smogon for good Rain Dance sets of these Pokemon. (www.smogon.com)
If you're using this team only to rely on Water Absorb then Grass-types are going to ruin your day.

And please try not to double-post.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
^Yes, but doesn't everyone find stall boring?
Not the one stalling. Or at least I'd assume not, as he is winning with his tactic. I don't know about you, but I love winning by gay and boring tactics like stalling (although I honestly don't think stalling is extremely gay, tbh). It's fun, because you get to see your opponent get pissed off about it. :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"Boring" is such a subjective term. I find romantic movies boring, but are they all bad movies? I'd say no.

Stall relies on a variety of bulky Pokemon. "Variety" means more than types and moves (which is important), it means a Toxic Spiker, Spin blocker, phazer, etc. A team of 2 Blissey, 2 Skarmory, and 2 Cresselia wouldn't be all that hard to take down.

Doubles is a very fast-paced style of play. Pokemon like Lucario and Infernape don't fair very well because of their paper-thin defenses. In doubles, Pokemon need to be able to survive multiple hits and hit back.

Rules:
Rule #1: Do not post a team with missing information. This means do not post a team of just 5 pokemon or a team of 7 pokemon. You need to narrow them down to what you want to use. It's okay if you don't know some of the aspect of your pokemon but if your team is riddled with question marks you need to do more research before asking for help. I don't want to see something like this,

Charizard, Nature ??? @ ???
Flamethrower
???
???
???

If this is the case you are asking for others to build your team for you. If they wanted to do that they would make their own.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I personally like stalling.

Do it in other RPG's than pokemon as well.

Mostly if I can't figure out another way to beat the boss.

Top Bottom