• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2nd place??

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
hey guys i almost won a tournament

2nd place

http://www.youtube.com/user/FUSIONfilm

commentary/critique welcome

there were some really LAME stage cps/char cps by j4pu LOL

i fight a snake mk falco and ddd

i went samus all the way

just 4 u guyz

<3

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
iono it was a 64man bracket but it was probably like 30-35 people :/

tha_carter

Smash Ace
n00b's that dude...
how much money was on the line?

Some of those matches you lost made ME wanna break my controller...lol

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
it was $100 for first and $50 for second but when I lost j4pu gave me $20 to split the pot because were training partners LOL

∫unk

Smash Master
japu isnt very good (like no adjustments at all/doesn't understand why certain moves work) but ur samus is tight

i think the biggest thing i notice you could work on is bad DI/defensive patterns. not only for death moves but even hits that put you into bad situations you could have sometimes avoided with better DI. defensive patterns... like spot dodging patterns, what you do every time when japu decides to approach with shield, what you do when you don't have projectile coverage and he's close, it's usually the same.

i dunno if that's just cause samus doesn't have options or you just kept doing it cause it was working, but just know good players will wait for the spot dodge vulnerable frames then grab, keep abusing your lack of a grab and space it so they dont get pivot grabbed, not get up b'd every time (especially versus mk at low percents its not safe you'll take a u-air **** combo), etc.

hope that helps your samus is **** d-air tech chase f-smash is sexy

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
thanks -- i notice i take a lot of damage that I don't really need to, but in almost every match I was able to turn it around when I played smarter. Thanks again for the critique and kind words. :)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Match 1 vs J4pu's Falco
Good job.
I know you like uair. Just remember its low priority.
Maybe you didn't know you were out of jumps on your first death, but yeah, tethering is somewhat hard to guard for Falco (and the only characters that might kill you if you tether are mostly Snake's C4 or Metaknight)

Match 3 vs MK
bad DI vs nair first death lol/kinda on the dsmash on second/third deaths (not really your fault due to dtilting)

uhm, pretty good. he didn't know how to play this one right I guess
so uh, work on your DI. ):

Match 4 vs Falco
5:28-5:32 was great.
Sad loss, when my opponent is at such a high percent I'll be using more bombs since they'll be more careful
Also, don't be shy to edgestall a bit

bad DI on fsmash in this game

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
watching these makes me realize how fail i am at defense.. which is all brawl is. lawl thanks for the comments del

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
wow there were times during the grand finals where you were just on fire...you seemed to get better as the tourney went on

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I dunno, Brawl is sometimes wayy too obvious when you watch it.
you're much better than I am

DI has been drilled into me for a long time, I suck at brawl tech skill because I'm just not willing to practice it for the small amount of time I would need to

Shieldbreak -> bomb on one side -> charge fsmash on other side -> [charge your beam]

Top Bottom