• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GGT: Abadango Saga Results

After a single action-packed afternoon, only 8 of 563 entrants remained in bracket at 2GGT: Abadango Saga. As with previous events, the guest of honor wasn’t able to claim the title of champion. In fact, Yuto “Abadango” Kawamura was not among the top 8 finalists. He lost early in pools to B7Games’s Dr. Mario, winning the runback, but still suffering the setback of playing the entirety of top 48 in losers’ bracket. His admirable attempt at a comeback ended in 13th place where he was eliminated in convincing fashion by EM | Elegant’s Luigi. For now, the “2GG curse” lives on.

Even without Abadango in top 8, the final stages of bracket were very exciting. In fact, two other Mewtwo mains made the cut! Starting top 8 in winners’ bracket were komorikiri, Nairoby “NRG | Nairo” Quezada, Gonzalo “TSM | ZeRo” Barrios and Rich Brown. In losers’ bracket, Larry “eLevate | Larry Lurr” Holland, SS | WaDi, EM | Elegant andElliot “C9 | Ally” Carroza hung on to their tournament lives.

Winners finals ended up being the newest installment in a classic rivalry: ZeRo vs. Nairo. After losing game 1 by a wide margin using Zero Suit Samus, Nairo opted for Lucina and found greater success. However, the change still wasn’t enough, and ZeRo took the set in fairly convincing 3-1 fashion. Meanwhile, Larry Lurr lay waiting in losers’ finals, having plowed through an incredibly difficult bracket after an early loss. Ultimately, Larry was able to convert his momentum through to a 3-0 victory over Nairo and move on to grand finals.

The final sets of the tournament paralleled a previous 2GG tournament. At 2GGT: Mexico Saga, Larry came from losers’ bracket to win two consecutive sets over ZeRo. This began the start of another rivalry that continued to grow over the rest of the summer. This time, Larry once again took the first set, and it looked as if he’d be able to claim the second. However, ZeRo refocused himself and reversed the trend, winning the last set 3-1 to become the 2GGT: Abadango Saga champion. Congratulations to him and everyone else that competed!

Top 8 Results
1) Gonzalo “TSM | ZeRo” Barrios :4diddy:
2) Larry “eLevate | Larry Lurr” Holland :4fox:
3) Nairoby “NRG | Nairo” Quezada :4zss::4lucina:
4) Elliot “C9 | Ally” Carroza :4mario:
5) komorikiri :4sonic::4cloud2:
5) Rich Brown :4mewtwo:
7) SS | WaDi :4mewtwo:
7) EM | Elegant :4luigi:

Last edited:
G.C. "Djent" Bill

Comments

Larry played out of his mind, but ZeRo once again prevailed. Sad to see Abadango not even make Top 8, but there is a lot of pressure when you have a tournament named after you, lol. You win some, you lose some. Great tournament!

Good stuff to WaDi for his first out of state tournament. If he keeps this up he could rival Abadango.

I once saw ZeRo on Nairo's stream and the way he played while they were playing was phenominal. i was in awe. I was wondering why I hadn't seen ZeRo play like this anymore but at 2GGT he went back to playing like that so I kinda felt that he was gonna win. Amazing stuff from both ZeRo and Larry. I was hoping that Nairo would beat him with Lucina but oh well. maybe in the future.

ZeRo :4diddy:
Larry :4fox:
Nairo :4zss:
Ally :4mario:

Top players with top tier characters...shocking xD

Awesome Tournament, cant wait for The Big House!!

Top Bottom