• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GGC: Greninja Saga Discussion

|RK|

Smash Marketer
CaptainZack 3-2 Nairo

Bayo falls out of the gamewinning upb because ZSS isn't that good of a character

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Nairo and Void looked really unhappy about that bracket luck.
CaptainZack 3-2 Nairo

Bayo falls out of the gamewinning upb because ZSS isn't that good of a character
solid analysis as usual zzz

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Speaking of bad bracket luck. Zack has to face Elegant "The Bayo Killer" now He would be wise to use his WFT imstead. I think she can do pretty well vs Luigi .

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Wow.. The Bayo slayer just slayed HARD.

Umm..should this be considered an upset? Since this was Elegant finally losing to a Bayo and all..

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
This commentator sucks

You can't be on the main stream saying "Bayonetta has no burst options"

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
I think he's a great commentator, actually.

Don't think I've ever seen Zack get dominated by a Cloud that badly. Not sure if any tip top Bayo has...

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
That was one of the worst sets I've seen from a Bayo vs any character. Zack made some mistakes, but Komo was completely dominant.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
"Mario isn't top 10 and can't deal with ranged characters"

yeah okay

if you say so

*watches Mario demolish all of his supposedly bad matchups like Cloud, Corrin, and Marth/Lucina*

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
I am noticing an odd trend here. When players hit a slump , start losing faith im thier mains, people start questioning if they are really that good...all to the point where the player considers dropping said main
That is when they start mounting combacks and proving thier mains worth and viability.

Dabuz was losing faith in Rosa . Then suddenly Kirahar won Frostbite and Dabuz himself won Civil War

ANTi was wanting to drop Mario... and then he just beat ZeRo with Mario vs Lucina out what many say is his worst slump.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
"Mario isn't top 10 and can't deal with ranged characters"

yeah okay

if you say so

*watches Mario demolish all of his supposedly bad matchups like Cloud, Corrin, and Marth/Lucina*
I mean, ANTi played exceptionally well. I keep saying, that's ZeRo's training partner. Regardless of MU, he was always in the running for beating ZeRo.

That said Leo makes the MU look the most helpless. Idk - people watching a set and saying "it can't be that bad" is getting to me. Next we'll see a DK beat a Rosa and people will say the same thing.

EDIT: Ziodyne 21 Ziodyne 21 - yeah, I'm noticing the same trend. That said, I still think ZSS and Mario are on the lower end of top tier. Just when they get going, they can really get going. As a result, they look amazing. But like... that also describes Ryu to me. *shrug*

Characters like Diddy, Sheik, Rosalina, and Bayonetta feel more like they have real control over a match. Mario seems more like he takes a lot more from the player.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
With ZeRo now out and no MKLeo here. Ally doeshas a very good chance of taling this tournament if he can beat Falln. This could be the return of Mario.

Last edited:

my_T

Smash Journeyman
With ZeRo now out and no MKLeo here. Ally doeshas a very good chance of taling this tournament if he can beat Falln. This could be the return of Mario.
Is it really the return of Mario if his biggest road blocks were avoided or is it just bracket luck?

*rhetorical question*

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Locus' patience was excellent but I feel he was too patient and it cost him the set. Komo spin dash cancelled 2-4 times minimum before actually using the move 90% of the time he used it no matter how close Locus was to him and on the second SDC he always darted back some, plenty of chances to get a grab or hit in then instead of just waiting for Komo to come to him every single time.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Is it really the return of Mario if his biggest road blocks were avoided or is it just bracket luck?

*rhetorical question*
Mario is pretty much always based on bracket luck + skill of his players. So you'll see a couple of upsets in bad MUs, but he can't take THAT many consecutively.

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
Do we still have no idea what character Wave uses? He eliminated Nova

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Mario competely loses to swords no matter what.... amirte?.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Well that was a random Link pick from Mr. R. Mario is not fun with Link imo, but Mr. R's Link was better than I expected. He was bombsliding around (kind of pointlessly), but he seemed to have the grab conversions on point.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Falln is switchng to...What...the...F..

Ok..I think I can say with confidence that almost no one was expecting who Falln picked for game 2

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Considering the . . . weird circumstances of this tournament, i think Greninja faired very well. Special shoutouts to Donquavious and Lea, these guys far exceeded expectations.

:150:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Falln is switchng to...What...the...F..

Ok..I think I can say with confidence that almost no one was expecting who Falln picked for game 2
He actually pulled out his Mii Gunner secondary at an MSM against Mr. R in Grand Finals. It is still surprising that he pulled out Gunner against one of Gunner's worst matchups.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
ANTi taking his momentum from beating ZeRo all the way to the the First Bank of Mario. Wow

Mario is just on the goddanged warpath.

Last edited:

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
That match of Mekos vs Nairo was odd. Mekos got away with a ton of free stuff.

Apparantly Nairo has a 4-0 record vs Taiheita from what I heard in discord earlier so I guess he tried to play the matchup like he was fighting Tai but was not ready for Mekos. Then again Mekos had me worried since he flubbed some grabs, kill confirms, and staled his up air.

As for Mekos fighting Oisiitofu I am kind of shocked that he lost since he just beat Waveguider the match before who plays Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer. But watching the match va Tofu I realized that Mekos did not adapt like I thought he would by constantly jumping over shurikens, landing in them and challanging them so Tofu had that game in the bag. Instead he should have walked and powershield as much as he could so ge would not eat a lot of a percent and inch closer to Tofu.

Plus Mekos kept going for zair to jab when he could of did zair to grab which was true and it could have racked up more damage for him.

Props to Mekos for beating BrotatooChip, Nairo, Waveguider, and Meteor.

He lost in losers to AC's MetaKnight 2-3 getting 25th place.

For the other two Lucas mains that primarily use Ness, Kuriod went 0-2 in winner's and won his first match in losers before being eliminated while Cleytito sent Wave to losers round 1 of his pool then he lost to Charlie da king 2-0.

Next he beat Brobeans, Johnny, then 3 sponsered players: Gpik, A$ap, and won the runback vs Charile the king with a 2-0 then proceeded to beat dynamo to make it out of pool where he ran into NAKAT and was eliminated.

I also enjoyed Mekos and FOW's run in doubles today. They played really well until the Komorikiri and Ranai game where a lot a heals off shielded lloid rockets were missed.

Here's two clips of them during their set vs Ally and Tweek which they won.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedCourageousMangetoutDancingBaby?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticInexpensiveChinchillaTTours?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
According to SSBWorld, Wave is a :4fox:.
Wrong Wave. Just checked SSBWorld, and those vods are of the New England, Massachusetts, Fox, Wave. He didn't go to Greninja Saga. He was at a weekly last night.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Nairo and Void looked really unhappy about that bracket luck.

solid analysis as usual zzz
That was mostly snark, but Bayonetta and Cloud are more likely to fall out of ZSS up b for who knows what reason. I personally agree with the ZSS mains that think she needs buffs.

David Viran

Smash Lord
That was mostly snark, but Bayonetta and Cloud are more likely to fall out of ZSS up b for who knows what reason. I personally agree with the ZSS mains that think she needs buffs.
Bayonetta and cloud can fall out of zss's up b in the worst way where they end up next to you in virtually no hit stun and can punish you hard for it. This is mostly due to how there hurt boxes contort when hit. It's mostly a thing with human characters like ike and even zss herself. The way Zack got out of it was actually super lucky. Ususally bayo can fall out of grounded boost kick easy but against the rage ladder, boost kick rarely ever connects long enough to get that 7th hit and have the last whiff. Usually she just falls out sooner and dies off the top.

I tend to think zss needs some nerfs reverted like her grab nerf and throw combos.

Top Bottom