• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2ch leaks.

RiptheReaper

Smash Apprentice
i dont think that 35-chars rumor is true,i mean if there werent that much of Newcomers,why would Sakurai make 10(counting Zamus) as starters,i do believe theres a bit more.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Romanization, that's all.
I can't speak for Lucas, but the change from Orima in Japan to Olimar in the West wasn't Romanization, it was localization. When he was originally designed for the Pikmin games, the character was very specifically intended to be named "Orima". The kanji in "Mario" backwards. It was only changed so it would sound like a more believable name for our language ("Orima" is very foreign-sounding in English). The idea of it being changed to the localized "Olimar" in the Japanese release is exceedingly odd.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
They romanice all names. In Melee, if you set the language to Japanese, there are not Rinku or Myutsu, but Link and Mewtwo.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I wont believe ANYTHING until we get screen shots of gameplay with unannounced characters.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I don't think Orima sounds like Olimar. That's changing two letters.

However, it *could* be true, but before I believe it, I want to see **** or gtfo. And with **** I mean gameplay vids, and with gtfo I mean I won't believe it.

S2

Smash Lord
Has anything else of value shown up at 2chan?

This was posted over a day ago. You'd assume these people would be busy unlocking stuff and taking some pictures.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually Olimar's romanizied Japanese name would be Orimaa. Remember? It has an extra sound.

オリマー
O-ri-ma-a

In Japanese, an "-aa" sound can be translated with an "er" or "ar" sound and L's and R's are interchangable, so "Olimar" is ACTUALLY a valid tranlation for オリマー. In Japanese OR English Olimar's name is NOT a perfect anagram of Mario's because of the extra letter and kana.

As for Lucas, Ryuka is just how the Japanese pronounce Lucas. Lucas' name is meant to be Lucas and not Ryuka... Otherwise the Mother fans would CALL him Ryuka.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
LightScribe doesn't have to be in color, or have the ability to do clear stuff, those aspects are photoshoppable. Just keep the case glued in place, don't move the camera, put both a blank disc and one with the LS image on it, shoot both, PhotoShop them together. Then add the color in PhotoShop.

If you really look at it, is the color that complex? It's just blue. Simple Hue/Saturation.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The list with the numbers actually tells us nothing since it's just names of the fighters that the video supposibly says are starters. (With Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur in leiu of Pokemon Trainer)
Actually, it confirmed that these ARE the starters which goes with the vid and screen pic.

Meaning it gets alil more cred in my eyes.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Wow that's last SS is a well done fake... but it's a fake obviously, just look at c.falcon image.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If that WAS taken by the 2Chan guy (which I somehow doubt it was... part of me thinks he wouldn't be so dumb) then I guess he's debunked.

As they say on Phoenix Wright... we don't have enough information to make a case ;)

This was pretty obviously made by Invincible Agent :p possibly to show us how easy it could be.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
;) It would probably only take a week or so to pull off a whole video... especially with the software you an get these days. Who knows, it's so unclear, it wouldn't have been too unlikely for him to have been using an SD computer monitor , and he made it on Window's Movie Maker :S

So why do people believe that the 2ch thing is so real? Someone was bound to try a video eventually... Stopping it right before the gameplay started (let's face it, who in their right mind would stop there? There aren't ever many videos shorter than 10 seconds long...)

Chess

Smash Rookie
As far as the selection screen is concerned, if you have seen a character model that has been used before in another game(as Mr. Invincble Agent clearly used) then the image is fake. Nuff said.

The models used for professionally used software, like this game, must all be created by the developers.(at least in this case)

(you can google the Sylux and Krystal images instantly)

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Uh....
Thats not in English. :\
It clearly says "Koopa" on Bowser.
Japanese have the same names as us.

Top Bottom