• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

29th on eventhubs?

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
What the hell? I know he got nerfed but he definitely isn't that bad. I know event hubs is a glorified popularity contest, but I haven't seen any thing good about him on tier list. He is still really solid. Grant it I haven't fought any pro players, but he is definitely higher than that I feel.

Probably because not a lot of people face him.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
29 actually sounds about right.

I think you're under estimating how much a lack of range hurts a lightweight character that has to commit so deeply to any offense.

He's looking pretty mid-tier right now, but Smash 4 is shaping up to have closer tiers from what I can see, so he may still be viable, and if nothing else should still hold some prowess as a counterpick to certain characters like Little Mac.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Eventhubs tier lists are usually a joke. That list completely falls apart after the first few characters. DK as worst in the game? They're joking right? That said, Meta Knight's looking to be solidly mid tier at least on 3DS. He may do better with proper controllers and all that on the Wii U version.

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
That tier list isn't based on anything other than votes. Either way, mid tier sounds about right. It's irrelevant to me, as I do better with MK than high tier characters like Rosalina and Shiek.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Eventhubs tier lists are pretty much just a popularity contest and are garbage imo

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
29 actually sounds about right.

I think you're under estimating how much a lack of range hurts a lightweight character that has to commit so deeply to any offense.

He's looking pretty mid-tier right now, but Smash 4 is shaping up to have closer tiers from what I can see, so he may still be viable, and if nothing else should still hold some prowess as a counterpick to certain characters like Little Mac.
yeah I'm kinda seeing what you mean. Against ranged players I'm having a hard time trying to close the gap. It also hurts me in the long run when I have a forward smash opportunity and I miss by an inch. Really frustrating.

wolfos144

Smash Cadet
I think we can all agree that eventhubs is pure ****. And regardless of what any tier list says, don't let it influence what character you actually want to play.

Ruminator

Smash Rookie
NNID
quietrepentance
3DS FC
0989-2562-6960
MK is not "really solid". He deserves to be low on any list.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
He's not solid. His recovery on his aerials is BAD. Lacks really solid pressure tools. Rising dair will be better with a GC controller. Pokes are meh. Specials are meh. Why would you play him over one of the Pits or Marth?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
because they're Pit and Marth.

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
He's not solid. His recovery on his aerials is BAD. Lacks really solid pressure tools. Rising dair will be better with a GC controller. Pokes are meh. Specials are meh. Why would you play him over one of the Pits or Marth?
Because teleport and circular shape.

He most certainly is solid. You just can't play him like his brawl version. He's a punisher primarily, and his air game is top notch when played with patience. His meteor is great for punishing ledge grab attacks, and his down air bounce spikes off the side of the stage. I put a lot of time into MK and aside from projectile spammers, he doesn't have much of a disadvantage.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Eventhubs put Wario at 37, and Lucina above Little Mac and Marth (lmao).

As for Meta Knight: I've been playing him for the past month now along with other characters, he definetely got his ground game and range nerfed but is sitll usable.

If anything, I think he's a mid-tier character now. His ground game and range may have gotten worse, and his priority is bad now too (clashes with a lot of attacks now).
But his air game is still solid. Jumping Dairs are good, D-tilt trips opponents occasionally, and he edgeguards / gimps like a boss. Air-camping is also something he can still do really well. His Drill Rush also breaks through some projectiles, particularly Zero Suit Samus's electric shots.

What really hurts MK in the end (and which is why I think he's mid-tier) is his lack of a reliable KO move. The best I can think of are F-smash (which is laggier now) and his Dimensional Cape (which is unconventional and weird to work with).

Last edited:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I love Metaknight and still use him alot but he is honestly low tier. The Smash 4 mechanics effected him the most. No more glide, harder to edgeguard, less floaty so can't dair camp as long and footstooling accidentally when d-airing from above. The lack of range really hurts him too, its like he doesn't even have sword priority anymore. He can still edgeguard effectively but I feel like he needs a spike if he is going to be a gimping character which he lacks if you ignore the unreliable 2nd hit of F-air.

He may be better on platform stages, but on FD stages he is unimpressive.

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
Yeah, I use the 2 hit f-air for combos more so than spikes. I wouldn't call it unreliable, just painfully finicky at first, but there isn't really any penalty for not landing it since the 3rd hit will just knock back. The spike is awesome for edge campers. As soon as their invincibility frames are up (as long as they don't roll), you can spike with ease with the right timing. MK's game obviously shouldn't revolve around that but it's a cool trick to have.

And I don't have the actual data, but I'm pretty sure I could KO with MK's f-smash, b-smash (2nd hit) and dimensional cape far earlier than I can with Shiek or Zero Suit Samus. They aren't meant to kill primarily with smashes. Obviously, Shiek and ZSZ are leaps and bounds better than MK but, aside from range, MK kills pretty well for a little puffball.

Top Bottom