• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[25/08/17] Dranakars Stage Mods - Entry 16 - Golden Temple and more!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ Mewphelis Mewphelis Uhmmmm, what is there to redo? I mean, the platforms I wont touch cause of legality. All I could do was import more stuff on the stage like flowers and a fence. But I kind of like it clean, so it's gonna be a no from here. Textures are pretty much the same. But if you want to give it a go, go for it :)
Mewphelis, were you referring to this beauty? Now that has some nice textures...

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Entry 7 now live :)
Hmmm I might just be bad at spotting good textures ^^
Just figured I'd point out that the little green goblins (idk LoZ stuff aha >___<) on Gerudo's Secret their texture...chart? things for eyes. If you zoom in you'll see what I mean

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce Yeah, wow, that's pretty screwed up. I'll take a look at it.

Ok, I'm actually pretty close to done. But I can't figure out how to move the burning stuff. I have 2 versions right now, I'd like to make 1 that's enitrely without the burning stuff (Return of Skyloft) and one with (The Seige of Skyloft). Here's some previews.

Anyone got any ideas on how to move the burning floating lights?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce Yeah, wow, that's pretty screwed up. I'll take a look at it.
LOL oh no it's not, I only noticed because I was super bored and zoomed in reeeally far. Most people would probably never notice.

Ok, I'm actually pretty close to done. But I can't figure out how to move the burning stuff. I have 2 versions right now, I'd like to make 1 that's enitrely without the burning stuff (Return of Skyloft) and one with (The Seige of Skyloft). Here's some previews.

Anyone got any ideas on how to move the burning floating lights?
would that be part of the .rel file? I know nothing on a anything past texturing (thanks hehe), but I think that's what governed the Metroid moving in the background of Norfair's Metroid Lab skin (the one I posted to the 3.6 textures thread). The .rel file is included, but the platform movement is 1:1 with the original, so I'm guessing .rels influence background effects that don't affect gameplay, too (as opposed to Castle Siege / WarioWare transformations, Dreamland Tree, and other stage effects that do)

EDIT: Those look super dope btw, you should post both versions once you finish the cleaner/peaceful one :D

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It's not related to the .rel file (the placement might be, anyway), but the actual effects for the fireballs are located in "stgemblem.pac" under

I don't think you can move them though, similarly to the way the ultimate chimera's entry and exit effect work and how they're bound to a certain point or something that isn't controlled via normal animations and bones.

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce
Hmmm that's not good. I just tested them on my dolphin and all versions run fine. I'll take a test on my wii tomorrow. Don't know if it has any relevance, but are you using a hackless or a homebrew version of PM?

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ ECHOnce ECHOnce
Hmmm that's not good. I just tested them on my dolphin and all versions run fine. I'll take a test on my wii tomorrow. Don't know if it has any relevance, but are you using a hackless or a homebrew version of PM?
Homebrew.

EDIT: just to clarify "not loading" (on my Wii) meant that I selected the stage on the SSS and the game got stuck loading the stage. I make my own Portraits/Icons, so having it crash from the preview images exceeding the limit for info that can be loaded (can't remember the term for that lol) isn't an issue.

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Hey again, sorry bout not getting back to you, actually havn't had time to test it on my wii, but just thought of something. Are you using it as an alt to castle seige? Because I don't think it can be placed over the original castle seige?.

Edit:
also - WIP:

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Hey again, sorry bout not getting back to you, actually havn't had time to test it on my wii, but just thought of something. Are you using it as an alt to castle seige? Because I don't think it can be placed over the original castle seige?.

Edit:
also - WIP:
Nope, just copy-pasted the STGEMBLEM_00.PAC file over the one in projectm/pf/stage/melee. Which I'm presuming is the PM non-transforming one

EDIT: also that preview looks dope

Last edited:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Entry 4 - More visual updates
Yoshi's New Island
All credit goes to ALM5252 and Wingedkoopa67 since all the models and textures are theirs. I was really excited when I found: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205042 But realizing it was a new map and not a texture update made me sad, so I took it upon myself to update the original map. All collision and stuff is the same, just new looks.

Download
Awesome work on this stage man, but there's some work that needs to be done to make this a proper competitive stage. Right now it's super pretty, but it also is about twice as many triangles as there should be in a stage. that's partially to blame because of the original Yoshi's Story stage still fully being in this, and also a ton of the assets in the background being super high poly. I would remove the original Yoshi's Story background and most of the trees in the new background.

This stage has 54,000 triangles to it, and in most cases we start to see lag in stages with anything more than 30,000 triangles for four player matches. On the PMDT we aim to keep stages under 28,000 triangles. So while this stage is beautiful, there has to be some lag on 4 player matches, and probably some slight lag on 1v1 matches with lag heavy characters. (I haven't tested this btw, just basing it purely on experience with this sort of thing.)

The main offenders to your triangle count is the original YS background, which is close to 10,000 triangles. You could get rid of that pretty easily. The trees in your stage are each around 2,000 triangles... and there are seven of those trees in the stage. The flowers and such add up to around 6,700 triangles too btw.

I would go through and try to optimize this the best you can, and try to get the polycount down to under 28,000 triangles. It's a super beautiful stage, and I've been seeing it pop up in a lot of custom builds at tournaments. This is something that's absurdly important for us when creating stages on the PMDT, and it's not talked about much.

Best of luck dude!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Awesome work on this stage man, but there's some work that needs to be done to make this a proper competitive stage. Right now it's super pretty, but it also is about twice as many triangles as there should be in a stage. that's partially to blame because of the original Yoshi's Story stage still fully being in this, and also a ton of the assets in the background being super high poly. I would remove the original Yoshi's Story background and most of the trees in the new background.

This stage has 54,000 triangles to it, and in most cases we start to see lag in stages with anything more than 30,000 triangles for four player matches. On the PMDT we aim to keep stages under 28,000 triangles. So while this stage is beautiful, there has to be some lag on 4 player matches, and probably some slight lag on 1v1 matches with lag heavy characters. (I haven't tested this btw, just basing it purely on experience with this sort of thing.)

The main offenders to your triangle count is the original YS background, which is close to 10,000 triangles. You could get rid of that pretty easily. The trees in your stage are each around 2,000 triangles... and there are seven of those trees in the stage. The flowers and such add up to around 6,700 triangles too btw.

I would go through and try to optimize this the best you can, and try to get the polycount down to under 28,000 triangles. It's a super beautiful stage, and I've been seeing it pop up in a lot of custom builds at tournaments. This is something that's absurdly important for us when creating stages on the PMDT, and it's not talked about much.

Best of luck dude!
I can confirm that there is definitely some lag, especially in 4 player matches. It's hard to notice in 2 player matches, but you're probably right on the things you mentioned. Really great stage though. If these things can get ironed out, I may even just replace Yoshi's Island with this one instead of using it as an alt!

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Oooook, Thanks for the feedback! I really appriciate it :)
So it seems I've reached some walls in my skill level. First of all, @ ECHOnce ECHOnce ; You are entirely right. The Castle Seige stages freezes when you load it on a wii. But the weird part is that it plays like normal on dolphin. Does anyone have any clue of why this could be?

Secondly: @ Llama Juice Llama Juice : Thats really nice info! I really want to remove the background, but no matter how i try it keeps bugging one way of the other. I've tried:
1. Simply deleting the objects
2. Exporting to a DAE file, opening it in either 3dsmax or blender and deleting the objects. then importing the model again. and none of it seems to work. If i use blender the model just bugs when importet again. And if i use 3dsmax i get an error when i try to import:

Do you have any suggestions?

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I'm not good at explaining, so bare with me. The volcano does it's expand thing in the animation, but after that it doesn't return to normal so that it can expand again. So instead of expanding, returning to normal and expanding again, it just expands and jumps to normal then expands again. By jump I mean it does have an animation returning it back to normal it just instantly returns to normal. Sorry if you're confused!

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Now that I can understand, I will make no promises to wether I can fix it or not, but I will try. Seems like I might just have to do a v2 of the Yoshis new Island. with a lot of stuff fixed and polished. :)

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Sorry for making a Hudini on you. I recently got a job (yay) but that has greatly decreased the time I've spent on my modding.
But! @ Llama Juice Llama Juice was so kind to optimize the Yoshis New Island for me! I'm sure it took a lot of work for him so I'd really like to give him all the credit for this! Thanks you dude! <3
If you've experienced lag this should fix the issue, and file size is reduced greatly! The only small thing I've done is update the rail texture. The download links have been updated, so enjoy!
And I hope I'll have an update on the other stuff too soon!

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Changelog for this update:

The trees in the background no longer have their twitchy animation
The textures on the main stage have been touched up to remove texture seams.
Flowers on the ground in the background were removed
"Randal" has a small slight animation so that it's just some sort of movement.
Castle in the background by the trees is shifted to the right a bit so that it's actually visible.
Flags removed from the background.
Half of the trees removed from the background.
Old Yoshi's Story stage removed from under the stage.
Clouds removed from above the island.

Overall, brought the triangle count down from 59,000 to 28,800. File Size down from 2.7 MB to 1.7 MB.

If you have a beefy computer and you only play on Dolphin, then the original version would probably work fine for you, but if you're playing on a Wii... definitely use the optimized version.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Changelog for this update:

The trees in the background no longer have their twitchy animation
The textures on the main stage have been touched up to remove texture seams.
Flowers on the ground in the background were removed
"Randal" has a small slight animation so that it's just some sort of movement.
Castle in the background by the trees is shifted to the right a bit so that it's actually visible.
Flags removed from the background.
Half of the trees removed from the background.
Old Yoshi's Story stage removed from under the stage.
Clouds removed from above the island.

Overall, brought the triangle count down from 59,000 to 28,800. File Size down from 2.7 MB to 1.7 MB.

If you have a beefy computer and you only play on Dolphin, then the original version would probably work fine for you, but if you're playing on a Wii... definitely use the optimized version.
Alright! Installing this right now! Thanks for all the hard work both of you!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord

Edit:
also - WIP:
Still holding out on this beauty for DP, Dranakar Dranakar <3 take your time aha, we'll understand if life has you busy or if you can't complete it

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I believe the website is down. Is the newer version downloadable anywhere else, Llama Juice Llama Juice ?
Check Dranakar's collection on Modulous.net. He keeps all the same content uploaded between there and brawlvault. LlamaJuice's tweaks are included in Dranakar's upload

EDIT: LOL RIP both sites for now, guess you'll just have to wait.

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
When I attempt to use the 3DS Ocarina of Time stage as an alternate of Wario Land, the game thinks that the minigames are suppose to play on top of it too making a big mess of things. I made a rel for it, but it's still doing the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
When I attempt to use the 3DS Ocarina of Time stage as an alternate of Wario Land, the game thinks that the minigames are suppose to play on top of it too making a big mess of things. I made a rel for it, but it's still doing the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?
you need to change the rel because the minigames come from the original wario ware rel. You can just copy and past the Wario Land rel and rename it to whatever alt you're using

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Aaaand it's live! And I'm alive, I'm sorry I kind of dropped off the map for a couple of months, but you know -life happens. Ill try to be more active but I promise nothing ^^
Hope you enjoy!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Aaaand it's live! And I'm alive, I'm sorry I kind of dropped off the map for a couple of months, but you know -life happens. Ill try to be more active but I promise nothing ^^
Hope you enjoy!
Regarding the problems you had with the leaves, I believe it would be possible to cull the leaf materials/disable leaf visibility, and then adding new platforms that move in the same manner by giving their bones the same names of the translation leaf bones. I haven't looked at the files tho so I might be 100% wrong.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the problems you had with the leaves, I believe it would be possible to cull the leaf materials/disable leaf visibility, and then adding new platforms that move in the same manner by giving their bones the same names of the translation leaf bones. I haven't looked at the files tho so I might be 100% wrong.
Thats such a good idea! Will try immediately!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Sooooo, I have a working version of this.
Will release soon :)
I really love the look of this and it just might be the competitive Zelda stage I've been looking for! (Why there isn't an official Zelda tournament legal stage I have no idea). The only problem I can see is that the lighting looks a bit flat in my opinion. I may mess around with it myself to see what I can finagle out of it. Also, does this include any of the other little details from DSX's version like Fi and such?

Thanks for all your hard work by the way! All the legal Zelda stages I'm considering for our tournament build are yours I believe! haha. Actually, I hate to make a request/suggestion, but have you ever considered a

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Wow, these stages are amazing! Will check it out when I have the time.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
I really love the look of this and it just might be the competitive Zelda stage I've been looking for! (Why there isn't an official Zelda tournament legal stage I have no idea). The only problem I can see is that the lighting looks a bit flat in my opinion. I may mess around with it myself to see what I can finagle out of it. Also, does this include any of the other little details from DSX's version like Fi and such?

Thanks for all your hard work by the way! All the legal Zelda stages I'm considering for our tournament build are yours I believe! haha. Actually, I hate to make a request/suggestion, but have you ever considered a

Thanks dude! I just figured out how to fix the lighting so that it looks much more amazing. Also i kind brainfarted and uploaded the wrong filep, without the edited leafs, but atm i'm trying to replace them all together, so that will have to wait. No fi, yet... may come :p
Considered a what? a what? whaaaat? I like requests but I'm making no promises to accept them :)

Wow, these stages are amazing! Will check it out when I have the time.
Thanks man :) Always glad to hear from excited ppl. You should know most of my stages are based off other peoples work. Mainly DSX8(Demonslayerx8). You should check out his stages as well :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom