• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

24 worthy old people for Brawl, "Official" Bill Cosby Thread (updated 3/2/07)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Hmmm...it seems like the first post has reached the maximum amount of pictures it can contain which means no more pictures will be added to this post, go to post #3 for the continuation of character suggestions.

I know you came here for Bill Cosby, don't be embarrassed or ashamed, it's completely understandable. Better yet, no one will know(unless you post, which I don't know why you would). If you just want to get the good stuff, do yourself the pleasure of simply pushing in ctrl,c,f,v, and type in Bill Cosby or whoever else you want to read about.

Let me go down a list of 19 old people who could kick some serious ***. If you don't want to read all of this, simply scroll down to a character you like(there's bound to be one) and read about him/her and you'll see why they deserve to be in Brawl.

First, let me start with the lonely guy who lived in a cave from the original Legend of Zelda. Here he is.

Some may say he is weird because he lives in a cave. Why does he live in a cave you ask? Why do you live in a house/apartment is my question to you. It's shelter, and that's that. Do you know how much harder LoZ would've been if he wasn't there to watch your back? He is lonely, seeing as he collects random stuff and displays them inside a cave. He needs a chance to let all that frustration out in Brawl and kick everyones' a** which he could easily do.

it's a bad picture but Rauru the light sage he's the guy who dressed and undressed Link and got his ear pierced all those 7 years when link was in the light temple he washed him and what not he is very creepy :laugh: but helpful
Do I smell...pedophile? It's ok, Smash always needed one. Maybe he could **** Ness, or possibly boink the Ice Climbers, hell, why not both?

Kammy Koopa!
And Professor Frankly!

And for the front page, their Wikipedia articles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_E._Gadd
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammy_Koopa
A professor in archeology at Goomba University, he taught both Kolorado and Goombella. While living in Rougeport to research the ancient ruins underneath the town, he was overjoyed to assist Mario and Goombella on their quest to find the Crystal Stars. Throughout the game his is a source of information for Mario and friends, unearthing the ancient legend about the Thousand-Year Door and researching how to get to the locations described on the magical map. His japanese name, Furankuri, is a combination of Frankly and Kuribo (Japanese name for Goomba).

Spoilers ahead for Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door
Near the end of the game, Frankly is knocked unconscious by the X-Nauts. Doopliss then assumes his appearance in order to trick Mario into opening the Thousand-Year Door. After coming to, Frankly rushes into the Palace of Shadow to try and do what he can to prevent the return of the Shadow Queen, but he fails to reach Mario or Grodus in time.
Spoilers over, take a deep breath, we got through it

Edit: The Kammy Koopa pic wont work, but there's one in her article.[/QUOTE]

Athos from FE should be in this too. (Thanks Tomasiarity)

He joins you in FE7 near the end of Eliwood/Hector's storyline. He is a huge asset in the final battle and is the strongest magic-user in the entire game! He's not fast, but he makes up for it with his devastating magic.

(Credit and thanks goes to Tomasiarity)

Dr.Wily, the crazy guy who appears in most of the Megaman games. He has a bunch of inventions and is cooler than any other Megaman enemy. He has been there since the early days, and wears a lab coat which makes him a unique character.

Hey, if we have Doctor Wily, why not Doctor Light?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Light_(Mega_Man)

And I also have an idea for an alternate Cranky Kong moveset.

In my moveset, DK would shadow Cranky, and most of Cranky's moves would smack DK away, and anyone who was hit by DK would go flying. If Cranky uses his taunt, which would be the one that was already named, right next to an opponent, he would use them like he uses DK for a couple seconds.
Nice, Dr.Light is almost a complete opposite of Dr.Wily, there needs to be balance in this game people.

(Credit and thanks to GreenKirby)

Ganondorf from Wind Waker. He uses two swords,he's huge, and he owns a tower. He is fantastic as you can see and has a beer belly. He would/could be a unique character to utilize two swords(and the first).

(Thanks to parrothead)

This is Grandfather Rob, the man who trained Stafy. Thanks to him, Stafy doesn't get his *** kicked, which earns him a spot in Brawl. He's a lobster, which are very important economically in the seafood business and will add to the small amount of the crustaceans in the game.

(Thanks to Godzillaman)

This is the guy that talks funny from Luigi's Mansion: Prof. E Gadd. He is the one who invented the vacuum that Luigi uses on his epic quest to save his beloved brother Mario. Remember this, if you say no to him, without him, Luigi wouldn't have gotten the vacuum, and if Luigi hadn't have gotten the vacuum, Mario never would've been saved and he'd be trapped for the rest of his life with King Boo.

(Credit and thanks go to Ryu777)

For those of you who played LoZ Wind Waker(Leave me be! It was a good game and I'm sorry if it wasn't as good as Ocarina of Time) you know that in the beginning, Link has no skillz. He goes to Orca to learn some. Without him, Link would suckizzle at fighting in that game and he'd get his a** handed to him by every enemy he faced. Orca has a unique staff that could be used for some serious a** kicking fun.

Now, let me show Toadsworth.

He appeared in Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash!!, and Paper Mario 2. He is incredible and a much better Toad than your average Toad. He has a cane, is very wise, and accompanys Princess Peach almost everywhere she goes. Give you lectures throwing little baby Toads at you seems like an idea to toss around with(no pun intended).

Now let me introduce you to the greatness that is Tortimer. (Thanks go to Xianfeng)

Tortimer was a great mayor. He gives you gifts on holidays, which are some of the rarest items in the game. He even had his own video game called Super Tortimer! This game was later ripped-off and a new game called Super Mario Bros. came out, you might have heard of it. That's how incredibly cool this guy is, he's a must-have in Brawl.

Now, we have Impa from LoZ. She is the most fearsome female vg character out there.(Thanks to Xianfeng again)

Impa is Zelda's nurse maid and she practically raised zelda, kept her protected from evil her whole life and when the time came she taught her to defend herself and taught her the ways of the sheikah, she taught you Zelda's lullabye in OoT and got you to start your mission in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. If I was Link, I'd forget about saving Zelda after seeing this beauty!

Move aside Pikachu...

Ramoth, FF6
For all you Final Fantasy freaks out there, this dude is for you. Not only is he old(which is more than enough to allow him entrance into Brawl)he can use lightning which is always nice.

(btw kaid, I read your DWYP debate, good luck in the 2nd round)

Then, we have Kraden. (Thanks go to WindGuru)

He is from Golden Sun and he doesn't have any psynergy(or whatever they're called) powers. You're thinking"No powers? Wow he sucks!" but you're wrong. He doesn't NEED those powers, he's simply too strong. He has a cape, so he could put it over peoples' heads so they would be blind and could be used like Mario's cape(which is very handy).

Next we have, Peppy Hare. Here we go

He is the smartest guy from the Star Fox team, but is too old to fly anymore so now he just gives the team advice from a comfortable chair. He was friends with Fox's father and a member of the original Star Fox team. He used to kick some serious *** (and probably get some too) in his earlier days.

Now...A special surprise. Bill Cosby!!! I love him. He created, "Kids say the Darndest Things" which was a great show. He was at the E3 press conference when he was talking about pokemon. I hate pokemon, but I don't hate Bill Cosby. He is more important to Nintendo than Reggie is! Look at this, this should convince you.
Bill Cosby at E3!!!
And since I know you want it.
Next, we have Wrinkly Kong who is married to Cranky Kong. Thanks to Xianfeng for this suggestion.

Wrinkly Kong is the kind loving mother figure of DK island and actual mother of DK and Swanky, she is married to Cranky Kong they are like yin and yang, she gives you further advice and helps or helps you save depending on the game she is the helpful old lady in the DK franchise.

Last, but not least we have Cranky Kong as shown here.

Cranky Kong is much cooler than most people think he is. Just because he sits in a chair half the time, doesn't mean he's got some serious fighting skills. He even has his own avatar here at SWF! He'd probably only have to sit in his chair in Brawl and STILL kill everybody. DK is probably too scared to say anything bad because he knows he'd get his *** whooped with his cane, which is understandable.

Here is a moveset, thanks to Krytha for this.

"Cranky Kong is seriously the most badass monkey in DK. I would die of happiness if he was a secret character in brawl. Here is his moveset.

B - Whacks DK with his cane
>B - Smacks DK with his cane
downB - Trips DK with his cane
upB - Beats DK with his cane

A - Hits DK with his cane
Smash A - Kills DK with his cane
Taunt - Yells at DK

He always hits DK even if no one chose him for the match.

You think I'm joking but this would be hilarious."

Please...old people can fight too. Would you ever fight a senior? If you say yes to this you have serious issues. Old people have been helping us throughout the years, whether them giving you weapons in a cave, giving us some nice eye candy(Impa) or just telling you save the Princess's butt over and over. In exchange for them helping us, let's take this oppurtunity to give back to them and make them feel accepted and not so lonely. This is your chance, to say thank you to all the old people who have helped you throughout your years on Earth.

For those still who don't believe in the magic, there have been people bringing up excellent points throughout this thread.

We all get old eventually, so go old folks!
No matter what you think, you can't deny this Warning:The following is a bit disturbing
unless you plan on committing suicide by the likes of seppuku,hanging,kamikaze,shooting yourself, etc
. Warning:What is right before this is a bit disturbing, please do not look at it unless you're 18 or older(and I'm 100% serious about this too)

My grandad advises me to drink lots of beer....so I say, the more old men the better.....

he's Irish, by the way....
This may be my favorite post in this thread(other than mine of course).

They deserve to be in Brawl and could be magnificent fighters if you just gave them one chance to show what they got.

If you have any old character suggestions, please post it in this thread with information on them and I might put it in this post. Old People for Brawl!!!

Now thanks for reading(or at least looking at those pics of Bill Cosby) and I wish you good luck http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Marshigio/BillCosbythumbsup.jpg (it's a picture of Bill Cosby showing thumbs up)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Continuation of the first post

Yes, after breaking everybody else's back on the stage first that is.

Anyway, this continues where post #1 left off.

I have several new ones, one of them is a very sexy woman (not as sexy as Impa though)

Old Hector (FE6)

Ahh yes 20 years after FE7 and about 2 years before it FE6 happened. In it Hector was also created. As you can see he was very awsome with his big blue beard and big axe. He was a general and cooler than Oswin, Gilliam and Wallace combined. His character was so awsome he was brought back as a lord for FE7.

Marcus (FE6)

Before Marcus was the awsomeness he was in FE7, he was teh ****ness he was in FE6. Marcus has served as a Jeigan in FE twice,the only other one to accomplishe something that awsome was the original Jeigan himself. Marcus uses Swords, Lances and Axes not to mention the fact that he is sex in a can.

Yodel (FE6)

Yodel is the Renaud/Renault of FE6, but he makes up for it because he comes with 2 legendary weapons (of which he can only use one) Holy Maiden and Miugre or Malte. Yodel is the head of the Elimine church in Etruria and he sides with Roy and his little crew to stop Zephiel the meany poo. He was also lucky enough to date the sexiness I promised you all.

Niime (FE6)

I know, how could someone draw something that sexy? Anyway I promised you sexy and I delivered. Niime or the Hermit of the mountain is the mother of FE7's only shaman Canas and the grandmother of FE6's overpriced Mage (with good HP) Hugh. Niime is a druid and she is actually not the worst dark magic user, Sophia is worse than her so that makes Niime one of the more useful prepromotes from FE6. Allthough she only comes with around 26 HP at level 15 or 16...

4 more!
I don't think I've ever read anything with the word sex in it so many times that isn't about an orgy. Congratulations :p

Since Snake is in, I guess oldy-time Snake is out of the question :ohwell:

Gabby Jay from Super Punch-Out!!
This goes to prove that old people still have fight left in them.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
some more old men
He is the man that starts you on your quest that guides your way Proffesor Oak the old man of Pokemon

Tortimer the Mayor of Animal Crossing village in his youth he kicked serious but just get his spoof nes game super tortimer

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Oh yes, Oak and Tortimer are EXCELLENT additions to the game.

I used to think Peppy was a donkey...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just noticed how old Peppy looked in Adventures...

I don't know about the Old Man from Zelda. Would his BSmash charge the opponent to pay for his door?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The Old Men need to make some appearance in brawl whether it's
operating the download centre (prof oak),
connecting you to the online play (peppy hare),
running the trophy lottery (toadsworth),
running the tutorial (old man),
giving you hints (cranky),
or some kind of award ceremony after you beat 1player mode (tortimer)

The old men need some respect there are some ways all of them can be implemented

boy11

Smash Apprentice
I never realized how old Peppy Hare was. Still, he would definitely make a pretty cool addition for Brawl!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
GREAT-ONE said:
I think that Silver Neelsen from F-Zero GX would be cool to have in brawl. He is 98 years old.
Hmm what else could an old person do...

Silver Neelsen could help you out in the options menu

now I've found a way to incoperate 7 old men into SSBB all reasonable and fair although non playable

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I didn't add Prof. Oak because I don't like Pokemon and I don't want anymore pokemon characters to be in.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Who's Kraden? Give me a little info and I might add him to the old man crew.

D

Deleted member

Dumbledore lookalike from Golden Sun (no official art sorry, so fanart{?} is gonna have to do).

Thanks to Tempest_of_the_dawn.

He has no psynergy powers or whatever, but I guess he could beat people around the head with his cane :laugh: .

(I meant it more as a joke.)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No old men should be taken as a joke! All old men need to be taken seriously if we want a better SSB game. Hopefully the world will look forward to the inclusion of these old men in Brawl...

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
How about Athos?

Fire Emblem's only Arch-Sage, with the most powerful magic of all the game like Forblaze, great wisdom. He would kick ***!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That's the spirit! Old men for Brawl! Yee-hah, oh yeah, all right! Old men for Brawl is the way to go!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Omg I would love a totall remade version of the Old Man from Zelda. :D
He'd have a wooden sword but he hold it like a cane. Old Man would have some great material art moves and with B he could perhaps use magic or the items he sold in the very first Zelda. A far better addition then the other eldery men because Nintendo can be very creative with Old Man.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
The only one of the guys mentioned in the first post I'd like to see in SSBB, is Peppy Hare, but not in his current state. I'd like to see him as his SF64 self, and as you recall, that's how he appears in SSBM (at the beginning of Fox's stage in Adventure mode.)

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
Don't forget Kamek! He's an old man too!

He's an old guy by now, since he was around when Mario was a baby.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
For those of you dissing the old men, ask yourself this question. What have old men done to you? Nothing, and if they have you need to call the police right now.

They are smarter and wiser than the other characters in SSBM and would be amazing additions to the cast. Thank you to all the young lads who support this idea.

For those of you who think this idea is stupid, I think you're stupid. Old men are obviously too cool for you who are dissing them. You're just jealous because they would kill everybody easily.

btw I'm not adding Kamek, he doesn't look old but if you have any ideas for old nintendo characters, please post it in this thread.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
What about old women too they arn't quite as frequent but there are a couple of them too!
there's wrinkly kong

there's Impa

that's all I can think of...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
That picture of Impa is disturbing, but I'll add her and Wrinkly Kong, BUT.

I need some info on what they did in the game and what their personalities are so I can put it in my 1st post.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Wrinkly Kong is the kind loving mother figure of DK island and actual mother of DK and Swanky, she is married to Cranky Kong they are like yin and yang, she gives you further advice and helps or helps you save depending on the game she is the helpful old lady in the DK franchise.

Impa is Zelda's nurse maid and she practically raised zelda, kept her protected from evil her whole life and when the time came she taught her to defend herself and taught her the ways of the sheikah, she taught you Zelda's lullabye in OoT and got you to start your mission in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Ok thanks, I'll put it in my first post, give you credit, and change the name of my thread.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
Ok thanks, I'll put it in my first post, give you credit, and change the name of my thread.
you should proberly change the first post around a bit is keeps saying old men, old men, old men then you see wrinkly :laugh:

Top Bottom