• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX College Station Edition (Video back up)

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Welcome to 20XX College Station Edition! The CStat Edition is a premier texture mod to Super Smash Bros. Melee that is also compatible with the popular training hack pack, 20XX by Achilles. This Texas A&M University inspired mod is the most complete school-oriented texture pack to date and features many HQ textures (some Steelia, some my own, and some mixed :p) for many characters and tourney-legal stages, maroon costumes for every character, the inclusion of maroon team over red team, enhanced in-game visual effects, redesigned menus, and much more!!

Main texture pack download link (instructions included within here):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tq6e2z0xtd8jb3g/20XX_CSTAT_Edition.zip

UPDATE: Taunt Canceling removed due to fox edge hog glitch

Promotional Video:

I have prepared 3 different dols separately from the texture files for maximum flexibility of what the user might want. However you NEED one of these to have characters show up on the right team :p

1st dol: 20XX dol v 3.02 by achilles. That's all this really is :) I just added the team color stuff. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4heou19sng9y8v/20XX_dol.zip

2nd dol: My personally created dol. Includes salty runbacks, default game settings, L cancel % on results screen, jumps to the CSS after the movie, unrestricted pause camera, and of course all the team color featues. (shoutouts to all those who wrote codes to make this possible) :p
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kcqbskm54qyyntk/Non-20XX_dol.zip

3rd dol: Plain ole vanilla melee just with my team color codes. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h19ym3f3xrcifwm/Vanilla_dol.zip

I put a TON of hard work and hours into this project and tried to polish it as best I could. Therefore I hope you all enjoy this! And I hope this encourages other universities to follow suit as well! Thanks guys! Let me know what you think :)

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
This is ridiculously cool of you to make. Maybe some day you should do commissions for other editions!

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Working on getting a video back up :( Temporarily found a solution.

Edit: We're back!

Last edited:

ZLink

Smash Rookie
I feel like a lot of this is just a combo video against me. >.> Great job, man! Finalized version looks great!

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Man, this is awesome! Great work! I would love to see something like this done for Georgia Tech, but I don't have the chops myself. I'll have to share with some of my GT friends that *are* good at this sort of thing!

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Damn, good ****, definitely going to use some of these textures
Thanks my dude! You tha Realest.

Man, this is awesome! Great work! I would love to see something like this done for Georgia Tech, but I don't have the chops myself. I'll have to share with some of my GT friends that *are* good at this sort of thing!
Do it! I want to see what others can do!

Last edited by a moderator:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Looks pretty cool.

I wonder, I'm new at melee texture mods, but can this be patched on a ISO and be played on real hardware?

Or is it Dolphin only?

CAVEM4N

Smash Rookie
Okay so I hate to bring bad news but.... If you back out of all of the menu's and reach the start menu, the start button won't get you out of the title screen and the only way that seems to work is re-starting my Wii.
I am not sure if this is a console only problem but I honestly doubt it is, just thought I should add that I haven't tried this on the emulator yet.

Last edited:

Eranthe

Smash Rookie
Hey I have an important question regarding the video. What's the title of the song?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I think taunt canceling shouldn't be included.
Because fox can edge-hog by taunt canceling very easily.

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I hate to bring bad news but.... If you back out of all of the menu's and reach the start menu, the start button won't get you out of the title screen and the only way that seems to work is re-starting my Wii.
I am not sure if this is a console only problem but I honestly doubt it is, just thought I should add that I haven't tried this on the emulator yet.
Hmmmm did not even remotely run into that problem while testing... weird.

I think taunt canceling shouldn't be included.
Because fox can edge-hog by taunt canceling very easily.
Hmm if that's true you may be right..

Hey I have an important question regarding the video. What's the title of the song?
Protohype-Fly Remix by Killabyte

Last edited by a moderator:

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
It's the reason that taunt cancelling is not available in tournament mode in 20XXTE and is off by default in 20XX.
Alright! I will change that then. Thanks!

Edit: Taunt canceling now removed

Last edited:

CAVEM4N

Smash Rookie
So no one else is getting caught in an endless loop of title animation after they get back to the start screen?

Nik4711

Smash Rookie
I've been looking around for it,but I can't seem to find it. Do you have the replacement files for the L-Cancel % on result screen?

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
So managed to get a hold of a melee 20xx .iso
How can I apply this mod to the iso? (To use for DIOS MIOS on a modded wii)

Sorry for the noobness question.
I'm new at how melee hacking works.

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
I've been looking around for it,but I can't seem to find it. Do you have the replacement files for the L-Cancel % on result screen?
It was in DRGN's dol manager so I just implemented it with that.

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
So managed to get a hold of a melee 20xx .iso
How can I apply this mod to the iso? (To use for DIOS MIOS on a modded wii)

Sorry for the noobness question.
I'm new at how melee hacking works.
download 20XX dol and the main texture pack link. Replace those files with the GCR (included in main texture pack along with instructions).

zankyou

Smash Lord
UPDATE: Taunt Canceling removed due to fox edge hog glitch
The taunt canceled edge hog is slower than simply wavedashing to the ledge. I dont really think that should be taken into consideration.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I found a glitch. When I try to use captain falcon's alt red skin by pressing "L" it doesn't change. It just loads up the atm skin.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I found a glitch. When I try to use captain falcon's alt red skin by pressing "L" it doesn't change. It just loads up the atm skin.
I asked achilles about this a while back. The red skin is tied to the language extensions so its not as easy to change. Im not sure if Achilles has fixed it in the current 20XX.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
I asked achilles about this a while back. The red skin is tied to the language extensions so its not as easy to change. Im not sure if Achilles has fixed it in the current 20XX.
It will be fixed for 4.0 (next installment of 20XX), the current one available for download doesn't change it for me on console though.

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Help pls, I've been trying to replace the pokeball in pokemon stadium with other image but i dont know the offsets,do you know of a thread or explain how this is done?

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Lykon > The easy way is to use Dat Texture wizzard, load your iso, go to "stage file", find pokemon stadium and extract the png of the pokeball. Then edit it and re import.

Top Bottom