• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2018 Smash Invitational Announcer Lineup Revealed

announcer_lineup.jpg

In a recent tweet, prominent Super Smash Bros. Melee commentator Vish Rajkumar revealed the announcer lineup for the E3 Smash Invitational.

Alongside Vish, the lineup includes Super Smash Bros. for Wii U commentators Victoria "Vikkikitty" Perez and Terrence "TKBreezy" Kershaw, as well as NBC Sports NW host Jordan Kent, who will also be an announcer for the Splatoon 2 World Championships.

This comes on the heels of May 9th's reveal of the full lineup of players, as well as Nairoby "Nairo" Quezada and William "Leffen" Hjelte's announcements that they would serve as alternates should any of the invited players be unable to compete.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on this lineup? Are you excited for the invitational players and alternates? What about the commentators? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

For those who are wondering, D1 already knew that he isn't invited long before this announcement happened. He is alright with this though, and is proud of the Smash Bros commentators who was invited.

A shame that he wasn't invited though, especially since he commentates both Melee and SSB4.

Last edited:
For those who are wondering, D1 already knew that he isn't invited long before this announcement happened. He is alright with this though, and is proud of the Smash Bros commentators who was invited.

A shame that he wasn't invited though, especially since he commentates both Melee and SSB4.
TBH I still have a hard time telling TKbreezy and D1 apart

The lack of D1 is pretty dissapointing since he’s a stable of commentating Smash. But overall I say this pretty good.

Surprised there aren’t any Melee commentators though.

The lack of D1 is pretty dissapointing since he’s a stable of commentating Smash. But overall I say this pretty good.

Surprised there aren’t any Melee commentators though.
Vish is a Melee commentator.

that said, I'm just glad we got Vikkikitty as part of the lineup. She was the one reasonable pick on my dream lineup
i'm one of those weirdos who really wanted Alex Valle on the lineup

Last edited:
Vish is a Melee commentator.

that said, I'm just glad we got Vikkikitty as part of the lineup. She was the one reasonable pick on my dream lineup
i'm one of those weirdos who really wanted Alex Valle on the lineup
Whoops, I didn’t know about Vish. Vikkikitty was also someone I was expecting and hoping for. So happy that she’s in.

E3 can’t come soon enough.

Top Bottom