• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2014 year of the falcon

D

Deleted member

the goal is for me to become a top 10 player by end of 2014 or i'll conclude my smash careers a failure

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @S2JFALCON

Zhea

Smash Ace
Dark days ahead. S2J going to have to carry it on his back for a bit. Regardless I am happy for Hax. Dude has been playing top level melee for 5 years, with the hardest of the top tiers to be successful with. If fox is what he has needed for the extra push to the top then so be it.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Hax's Fox is sick nasty though, that MM with Westballz at Apex is going to be great. Hopefully, after Hax wins something big he will go back to Falcon.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Hax gave in to temptation.

Stay strong, fellow Falcons!

S2J, Lord and Nando will continue the fight at the front lines of pro play.

Falcon WILL win a major tournament again some day. All it takes is a player with the will, dedication and passion needed to raype the tierlist!

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I can dig it. My Falcon's getting worked on hard. Also I fail to see how S2J can become a top ten when he misses his first match and gets knocked out of losers in round 1 pools.

Nando holding up the Falcons all on his own. Shakin my head.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Looking for Falcon's fastest way to grab the ledge from a run. I think I read someone post in these forums about how you can supposedly run at the ledge, short hop, and hold back to turn around as you "edge cancel" and grab the ledge. Is this legit, or did I misread it?

*Nando

Smash Rookie
It is legit ^ im pretty decent at it. It's hard to get it all the time, but thats what im trying to do cause its really useful

IFalconpunch

Smash Rookie
Looking for Falcon's fastest way to grab the ledge from a run. I think I read someone post in these forums about how you can supposedly run at the ledge, short hop, and hold back to turn around as you "edge cancel" and grab the ledge. Is this legit, or did I misread it?
just do that pivot grab and FF it :D

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any vids of it being done?

I keep trying it, but I'm not sure on the timing.

*Nando

Smash Rookie
No relevant falcon presence at apex this year. How unfortunate. :(
I had Ice in round 2 pools then shroomed right afterwards in losers. I could have beaten them :/ they 2-0ed me but games were close. I'll try harder next time, I will bring Falcon to the top and never give up hope and quit like Hax

*Nando

Smash Rookie
I could have done so much better >_< , disappointed in myself with all those mistakes I did. I'm approaching so bad and trying to grab sheiks fair >_> but its good I watched that now I learned and will improve more :) the Knee will rise.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'm working on both of those next level ledge grabs mentioned.. not sure if I'll ever totally master them though =/

Nando vs Shroomed is here if anyone wants to watch http://www.youtube.com/user/EclipsingBinary/videos
Yeah, I can't seem to get it. I even tried pausing just before I hit the ledge for perfect "DI" just to see if it was possible. I either drop offstage facing the wrong way, or I don't fall off the stage.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
One thing that I've noticed is that it depends on your speed when you jump. Remember that dash speed and run speed are different, and I think there's a transition between them.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Tried all three(dash, run, stand). None seem to work.

I feel like there's some special trick I need to be doing, like hit away from the ledge, and then back towards really quickly when I hit it. Just can't figure it out.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I can tell you with a decent degree of certainty that there's no special trick. You just hold the direction you're going until you're about to land, then hold into the stage.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
the goal is for me to become a top 10 player by end of 2014 or i'll conclude my smash careers a failure

I love seeing people on the cusp of glory getting that extra motivation
(btw do you actually like death grips or are you one of those pitchfork dudes lmfao, I think they're great)

thetones

Smash Rookie

I hope you succeed. I am going to win best player of 2016 and APEX 2016, those are my two goals, if i dont succeed, i'll conclude that my techniques are not strong enough to outweigh frame data in the amount of time i am investing into smash, ~2 years (when others have played their entire lives since it came out, i havent touched the game seriously until maybe 5 months ago?) I do wish you to really win 2014 APEX and EVO with CAPTAIN FALCON. If you need someone to do it for; someone more than me, do it for Isai. Do it for all the low tier characters that don't just play Fox because hes the "best".

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I can tell you with a decent degree of certainty that there's no special trick. You just hold the direction you're going until you're about to land, then hold into the stage.
Thanks for the advice. I managed to pull it off. It's possible, just very precise.

Super useful, though.

Last edited:

KrustyKurt

Smash Cadet
only if you play him with a low tier mindset
you have to believe in the falcon :bee:
I don't care if some uppity pheasant with a laser pistol thinks he's hot ****, nor am i concerned about that cross dressing wanna-be ninja who tosses sewing needles around all damn day
Play the character you like and outplay the opposition

disclaimer
I suck at falcon
spacies body me
but god its so much fun when you make the match up work in your favor

Last edited:

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Falcon's good. Just more work than most Smashers are willing to put in.

So "Falcon sucks" means "I don't have the motivation."

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's good. Just more work than most Smashers are willing to put in.

So "Falcon sucks" means "I don't have the motivation."
Hax is probably the most accomplished falcon overall and he switched–how fair is it to accuse him of lacking motivation, with all the time he's put into the character?

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Hax switching from falcon to fox is not hopefull for year of the falcon indeed. Still you have to play the charackter you have the most fun with and if thats fox for hax then i wish him the best.
Also in my point of vieuw i find playing falcon in ntsc very very difficult. Especially against fox 'my up b is OP' mcloud,

however,

I play PAL so i will do my part and try to contribute to the awesomeness that is falcon. 2014. Year of the falcon

Zhea

Smash Ace
It's kind of absurd how much better Falcon's prospects look in PAL from a tournament stand point. He doesn't really win harder against anyone, but He drops less things to stupid crap, which helps his consistency a lot.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Hax is probably the most accomplished falcon overall and he switched–how fair is it to accuse him of lacking motivation, with all the time he's put into the character?
Not at all. The fact that he was willing to push Falcon so far is a testament to his motivation.

He switched because he felt that it was the best move for his career, which I can respect.

My issue is that many Falcon mains are going to interpret his switching to mean that Falcon's potential has been fully tapped, and switch, rather than picking up where he left off, and working to further the meta themselves.

Top Bottom