• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2014 or 2015

D

Deleted member

Anywhere from Q3 2014-Q2 2015, with Q4 2014 being the most likely.

Smash is being developed on two contents and both are going to provide a significantly different experience (already, we know that the 3DS version will be focused on single-player while the Wii-U version is more multi-player focused). Not to mention contents is probably going to be much bigger than the last game, graphics will be better on the Wii-U and 2014 marks the 125th anniversary of Nintendo (and the 15th anniversary of Smash). Sakurai will make the best game he can and I don't think this will be done in a shorter time span than Brawl.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, at the very least, we know it'll release in 2014. Now the only question is what exact month and day it'll be.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I'll go ahead and guess March to July or if it's not ready then....surely Holiday.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
I think you guys are getting your hopes up. It's gotta take at least 2 years to develop, so earliest they'd finish it is spring 2014. The fact that there are 2 versions, that each game seems to have taken lohger than the next, and that Sakurai isn't afraid to ask for delays means i'd expext at least late 2014, maybe delayed to early 2015.
Problem is that Iwata might be banking on it coming out in 2014(I get the feeling he really wants it out already), so he may rush them or not allow delays. Kind of a weird situation.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm calling Holiday 2014. In fact, I would almost prefer Holiday 2014 than earlier. They need time to make this game great.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm fairly sure Nintendo realizes however that of there announced games the most assured systems sellers are this and Mario Kart 8.

So as Mario Kart 8 is releasing Spring. There's some systems right there.

Then Smash comes out around November/December and becomes a Christmas Holiday system seller and they have plenty of time to pack content into both versions.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm fairly sure Nintendo realizes however that of there announced games the most assured systems sellers are this and Mario Kart 8.

So as Mario Kart 8 is releasing Spring. There's some systems right there.

Then Smash comes out around November/December and becomes a Christmas Holiday system seller and they have plenty of time to pack content into both versions.

I agree. I think Holiday is strategic in both driving system sales and giving themselves enough time to polish the game to a shine.

Top Bottom