• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008 NHL Season

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
I really just want to get dibbs on this

Really though what do you guys think of the upcoming season

Like always go DETROIT

xstompx

Smash Cadet
People don't like hockey as much as they should and like basketball at least 10x more than they should *nods*

Yaya

Smash Champion
So, I'm watching the season opener's on Hockey Night in Canada.

Maple Leafs beat Detroit, I did NOT see coming.

The Luc Bourdon ceremony's probably gonna tear me up a bit, because I'm a huge Canucks fan and I was stunned when this happened.

My eyes watered in the Game 4 tribute between the Pens and Wings, I'll admit that.

D

Deleted member

I pick Pittsburgh to win the Stanley Cup but losing Gonchar for 4-6 months hurts. Great season last year Detroit! Try to do it again!!

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Dude you know Detroit got Hossa in the off season right? DETROIT FOR THE REPEAT!!!! Seriously I feel like going to put on my Wings gear and celebrating! Hockey is back!

D

Deleted member

Detroit is gonna miss the playoffs, they lost to the Maple Leafs =P
You're kidding right? They play alot of games in hockey so each game isn't that important. If the Angels played the Capitals (baseball) 100 times in a row i bet the capitals would win some

n88

Smash Lord
I support the Devils, and they're looking pretty good so far! THey did manage to beat the Pens, who I'm most worried about them having trouble with.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Woo, go New Jersey!

I actually don't follow hockey, being as I don't have Fox Sports and I live in Australia, but I used to watch a bit on late night free to air, and always loved the Devils.

Kind of off topic, and I apologize, but if anyone owns nhl '09 for the ps3 and is up for a game, message me.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I actually don't really affiliate myself with any team. I like certain players instead.

I'd be happy seeing Ovechkin, Sakic, and Brodeur have great seasons.

I am Justice

Smash Rookie
Personally I am a Canucks fan. Started off great in the season but with the long road trip fell back. Winning a shutout game last night puts them back to .500 (5-5-0). In any case isn't a bad score for having a rough 7 out of 10 game road trip. Beating teams like Calgary, Detroit and losing to teams like Columbus and Boston is shocking. Nevertheless that's hockey.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm a Ducks fan. Haven't followed them too much so far but it sounds like they're kinda getting in back together after a rough start. I just hope they can get to the playoffs; Giggy will take care of the rest.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Man, what a game between the Ducks and 'Nucks last night.

Shootout. 13th round.

What a great game.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Ugh, and of course Broduer has to be injured the year that he has a chance of beating multiple records. Great, just great.

And to add to that, Ovechkin is doing horribly at the moment. I don't know what'sup with him. Is the grandfather situation really getting to him that much?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I hope he gets over it, I have him in my Hockey Pool -.-
Well the fact is, Ovechkin, Sakic, and Brodeur are probably 3 of my favorite players. So of course I'd like to see my favorite players take all the glory in the NHL. Sakic is old and about to retire, so my focus will be on the other two. Surprisingly, Sakic is having the best season out of the three so far. Not too bad for an old guy =P

I guess this is Malkin's year. I automatically dislike him because I view him as Ovechkin's "rival."

Top Bottom